PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If they thought local LE had secured that building, then anyone on the roof must be local LE?
Yeah, that seems to be the logic. What’s weird is if that is the case, surely the SS knows that at this point. Instead of coming out and clearing that up, the head of the SS is talking about sloping roofs.

Cheatle, according to The New York Times, sent a memo on Sunday, praising the agents who were with Trump at the rally Saturday for moving quickly and neutralizing the threat. “The attempted assassination of former President Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, is a moment that forever will be remembered in history,” she wrote in the memo, which was reviewed by the Times.

CNN has reached out to the Secret Service about the reported memo.

Republican and Democratic lawmakers are already demanding answers from the agency on the security posture and hearings on the incident.
Red emphasis mine.
The bolded sentence in the article is curious.
Almost as if CNN is questioning it ?

I do agree that the attempted assassination will be remembered in history , but perhaps not for the reasons that Ms. Cheatle may think ?
So many chances to prevent this.
There are questions being asked and rightfully so -- regarding accountability.
Omo.

I'm not seeing a problem with her memo.

I do find the WaPo story with 3D imaging of the line of sight for the SS snipers and the building the killer used that was being covered by local LE. It appears trees partially obstructed the view of SS snipers. Local LE should have been able to locate the shooter and remove him.

JMO, I still believe, from reading all the accounts of the killer slipping in and out of the event, staking things out, etc. and problems with line of sight for snipers, the event should have been cancelled or moved to a safer location.

This doesn’t make sense yet it does make sense. It doesn’t make sense based on his clothing, but does make sense based on the engagement delay.

Maybe it’s a practice for police to dress up as civilians at these things, but that comes with its own risks.

well, someone is lying

Local officials have bristled at any suggestions that town or county law enforcement was responsible for securing the building.
“The Butler Township Police Department had no security detail for this event,” Butler Township commissioner Edward Natali wrote in a Tuesday post on Facebook, noting that the township had seven officers on site solely for traffic duty. Even though the officer who confronted Crooks on the roof had to fall back, he added, the encounter “most likely forced the shooter to hurry his shots.”

Now 5 days later, should there not be a medical report, or a least a public briefing on the injury Trump sustained?

The general health and well-being of a President/candidate/former President is generally public knowledge.

Trump’s campaign has given no official info about his medical care following assassination attempt
Moo... On earlier threads, it was states he had a CTScan.

I think once the bandage is off his ear we will be able to see the damage.

I assume he's doing OK, he's been in the media everyday since.

Moo...

This doesn’t make sense yet it does make sense. It doesn’t make sense based on his clothing, but does make sense based on the engagement delay.

Maybe it’s a practice for police to dress up as civilians at these things, but that comes with its own risks.

I really hope we get to see at least a redacted version of the plan as it was a whole building complex there, far larger than on the set of buildings the USSS placed two sniper teams. However, it is understandable that the USSS snipers could have been confused, since they would have only seen TMC's head and gun, not the clothing since he was crawling up the roof rather than standing up walking.

Federal law enforcement now tells @CBSNews the account on the gaming platform STEAM that was attributed to Thomas Crooks is FAKE, including the line “July 13 will be my premiere.” Investigators initially said it was a post by him, but now say that is incorrect. @KDKA

Can that be considered obstruction? Make me mad when fools interfere with investigations like this. Absolutely selfish to waste time and resources to mislead LE (and the public) for some cheap thrill.

jmo

Federal law enforcement now tells @CBSNews the account on the gaming platform STEAM that was attributed to Thomas Crooks is FAKE, including the line “July 13 will be my premiere.” Investigators initially said it was a post by him, but now say that is incorrect. @KDKA

It looks like the FBI would be 100% sure before they release information.
Credibility is becoming an issue with the secret service and the FBI.
Moo...

I think we can spend a long time discussing Crooks, and still not understand how it feels. The brain develops differently, and I suspect his case was extreme alexithymia, which is so far not directly treatable. If there was such a gap between him and other students, can you imagine the gap felt between him and Mr. Trump, Mr. Biden or even anyone unknown in the crowd, for that matter? JMO, prevention of the shooters behavior is difficult. We really have to lean on protection from them, that is the only way.

I can’t blame the local policeman who saw the shooter and let go, he is paid to protect his town, and this is a political rally. It is not a Uvalde situation. As to the SS, a good analysis is necessary.

A drone and four magazines full of the same ammunition that was used in the attack were among the items investigators seized from the gunman's vehicle after the shooting, according to three sources familiar with a law enforcement briefing to members of Congress on Wednesday.

Two explosive devices and a tactical vest with plates in the front and back were also seized from his vehicle.

Drone among items seized from gunman's vehicle, sources say

Can anyone please update me on anything to do with the bicycle? Last I heard, he had a vehicle in the parking lot. Didn't follow this thread much last night, now there's talk of a bicycle and backpack?

Two more newly released images also show a bicycle owned by Crooks that was recovered close to the scene, and a remote detonator, which was recovered from his dead body alongside his cellphone.
We've heard dubious reporting concerning a bicycle and a white van. The fact that neither of these reports have been picked up by other news organizations, tells me that they are probably irrelevant.

Each bit of info that comes out just makes the lapse in security look worse. (I think it was lapse in communication and lack of precise clarity regarding who was responsible for what, rather than anyone shirking their assignment.)

BBM:

"Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old would-be assassin who opened fire on former President Donald Trump’s Pennsylvania campaign rally Saturday, hid the weapon in advance, according to a Secret Service source.
It was not immediately clear where he hid it, however.
By the time agents spotted him on the roof, he was already holding it."

Each bit of info that comes out just makes the lapse in security look worse. (I think it was lapse in communication and lack of precise clarity regarding who was responsible for what, rather than anyone shirking their assignment.)

BBM:

"Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old would-be assassin who opened fire on former President Donald Trump’s Pennsylvania campaign rally Saturday, hid the weapon in advance, according to a Secret Service source.
It was not immediately clear where he hid it, however.
By the time agents spotted him on the roof, he was already holding it."

I'm still trying to figure out the exact timeline of his presence becoming identified as a threat. Was just reading this...

Trump rally shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks was perceived by the U.S. Secret Service as a "person of interest," not yet a "threat" after law enforcement saw him acting suspiciously and determined he had a golf range finder, according to Secret Service Spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Crooks was only identified as a threat when he "retrieved the weapon" and climbed onto the roof of a building just prior to the shooting on Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania, according to Guglielmi, who added that a threat requires, "a different protocol and a different course of action than a person of interest."

Guglielmi maintains that it was only once Crooks retrieved his weapon and got onto a building's roof in the area where Trump was holding the rally that he was identified as a threat.
Soon after that, Butler Township police officers confronted Crooks on the roof and he pointed his weapon at one of them, who then dropped off the roof.

Agreed. In not sure there's been an answer/accountability for this yet..

Trump rally shooter was reported as a suspicious person an hour before opening fire, sources say

I think we'll get some accountability with the Congressional hearings that are taking place and that the Secret Service will have to account for its failures at the rally.

Hopefully they have learned from this, although the price was a life lost, two more in the balance, and an assassination attempt on a U.S. president/candidate for the presidency.

Would Trump have been alerted of a potential threat, prior to taking the stage? I don’t know the protocol of SS - whether they brief the presidents, or simply handle a threat and allow the president to remain focused.
that is a good question. I assume they have tight coordination with his campaign organizers.

News just reported that the cops were traffic cops and they were not responsible for security.

There was no meeting of the minds in advance. There is a name for that but I didn’t catch it.

There should have been a drone, helicopter for the obvious reasons-to see from a higher view.

Trump should have been held back as soon as something was noted. All areas should have been swiped for any other possible harmful activity.

I just saw the coverage of the SS director at the last night’s RNC with senators asking her questions. She was ignoring them and walking away from them.

There was a scheduled call with several senators yesterday and she didn’t answer most of the questions. Stonewalling.

[mod snip]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll get some accountability with the Congressional hearings that are taking place and that the Secret Service will have to account for its failures at the rally.

Hopefully they have learned from this, although the price was a life lost, two more in the balance, and an assassination attempt on a U.S. president/candidate for the presidency.

Their very good at not being able to comment about an active investigation.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HisMedusa
Back