PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good faithed questions: should they have just forcibly rammed his head back down when he repeatedly stood up in defiance? Does Trump have zero responsibility for potentially putting himself at further risk by deliberately going against their actions and standing up to face the crowd in order to do his gestures?

The shooting never should have happened, yes. But he also defied the protocol during such a situation and put himself, and perhaps those agents, at further risk. That is on him, not them.

Different risk:

The SS risked his life and others by the complete failure of duty.

When a person is in shock from a bullet they can’t be responsible for the risk of their movements. None of us can predict what we are going to do in various situations. There was 5 or 6 of them against 1. Forget about the shoes no matter who it is. Trump was obviously in shock by asking for his shoes. Who needs their shoes when you have just been shot and on the way to the hospital?

I unexpectedly went into labour, water broke and had the baby 30 minutes after I arrived at the hospital. Total surprise, a month early. I was screaming for my lip balm when I was leaving my house. I was literally trying to stop the door from closing so someone could get it. I laughed about it after when I was no longer in shock.

Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old would-be assassin who opened fire on former President Donald Trump's Pennsylvania campaign rally Saturday, hid the weapon in advance, according to a Secret Service source

This story says he hid the weapon in advance, but then offers no real proof of that.

Clickbait is a real thing.

Perhaps Trump knows a bit about the history regarding the assassination attempt on Reagan.

Trump didn't know if he had a bullet lodged in his skull or thorax. He didn't know that the SS tackle didn't collapse one of his lungs. He didn't know he wasn't going to die on the way to the hospital. His iconic raised fist might have been his last as far as anyone knew at the time.

Mostly legit criticisms with a few the SS did everything right
A tid-bit that's interesting is that Trump is close to his SS and they're too used to bowing to his wishes.
The critics hit on all the crucial points where they put/left Trump's life in danger of a 2nd shooter.
The "shooter down, all good" seconds after shots were fired at Trump should never been taken as an all clear by Trump's SS detail because they had to know the area had not yet been searched and cleared.
Above bolded by me to highlight this. They paused, maybe to allow him to get himself together, or do his little fist pump. : ) MOO.

18:12:47: Trump: “Wait, wait, wait” then fist pumps to crowd. He mouths “fight” three times – a move met with cheers by the crowd.

18:12:54: Agent: “We got to move, we got to move.”

What was said on the stage seconds after Trump was shot

Last edited:
I don't understand it either, because it was never suggested anywhere that he was solely responsible for removing himself from the situation.

Here's what I asked in response to the suggestion the SS did him a disservice:

He ducked, they dove and waited. Once the call was made the shooter was neutralized, they went about moving him to safety. My point is, at that point in time, he chose to rise above them and gesture at the audience, rather than follow what I'm sure he knew was protocol.

Now, perhaps he felt safe enough hearing the threat was neutralized, and that's his choice. But, blaming the SS entirely for not shoving his head back down, or forcibly disallowing him to physically rise up takes SOME (not all) of the onus of safety, and puts it into Trump's hands. He chose to do that. Certainly the SS isn't going to ram his head back down. Certainly a person, who feels threatened by a shooter, has the instinct to stay under cover at the very least until the threat is stopped and has some responsibility if they chose to do otherwise. SS or no SS.
he had a bleeding wound too- no one knew exactly the extent of it, so shoving his head down could have been destructive until they assessed the extent of the injury IMO

The following posts may have already been posted earlier today, as they were posted on X 10 hours ago.

@BrianEntin

1/3 Sources within the secret service say the working theory right now is the secret service sniper did not initially shoot Crooks because the sniper thought Crooks was a police officer on the roof.

2/3 One source has seen the secret service plan and says it is very clear local police were supposed to cover the building.

3/3 There is a star on the plan indicating local police were to cover the building which included the roof. We have learned police were inside the building, but not on the roof.

12:46 PM · Jul 18, 2024

Ran across a good article, dateline today @ 9:53 PM EST. It summarizes a lot of facts:

TMC had recently visited the site of the rally (Butler Family Farm Grounds) at least once prior to the Assassination Attempt.

The briefer told lawmakers they are still attempting to access three foreign encrypted platforms that Crooks used on his cellphone, multiple sources told CBS News. Sources said officials told lawmakers that the encrypted sites are presenting challenges to investigators and could take time to decrypt.

The sources familiar with the briefing told CBS News that among the evidence that law enforcement found on and near the gunman's body was an AR-style rifle, a remote transmitter and a primary cellphone.
Sources said investigators found two explosive devices, a drone, a tactical vest and four magazines of the same ammunition used in the attack inside Crooks' car.
In his house he shared with his parents and sister, investigators seized over a dozen weapons, an explosive device, a secondary cellphone, a laptop, a hard drive and three USB flash drives.

Despite the piles of evidence, and over 200 interviews conducted in the investigation so far, the officials still have not determined what may have motivated the gunman, nor have they found evidence revealing his political or ideological leanings.

Last edited:
I am watching the RNC right now and Trump is speaking. He spoke from the heart about his epxerience Saturday. He honored Corey and they even have his firefighter outfit there on display. He said he could see the faces of the crowd standing there looking with concern and he just wanted to send them a message that he was okay so he raised his fist up.

I don't think in that moment he thought gee let me get this photo op. The suggestion that this is what that was does bother me. He was nearly killed and he is the one that experienced that, not us. He is the one who reached up and felt his ear and brought his hand down and saw the blood. He is the one that had SS over him and heard the message that the shooter was down. He is the one that stood up and looked at the faces of those in the crowd who were shocked, scared, and staring up at the stage for any sign of reassurance that the man they came to see speak was okay.. the man they want to see be the next President. He did what he thought to do in that moment to reassure them. He wasn't looking for a camera to make sure a photo was being taken.

According to the news from Newsweek, the SS assigned weren't Trump regular security staff. "There were also many supplemental agents from different field officers (not Trump's regular detail) providing security at the rally because Trump's regular detail has been overworked (some working seven days straight), and only two counter-snipers..."

The following posts may have already been posted earlier today, as they were posted on X 10 hours ago.

@BrianEntin

1/3 Sources within the secret service say the working theory right now is the secret service sniper did not initially shoot Crooks because the sniper thought Crooks was a police officer on the roof.

2/3 One source has seen the secret service plan and says it is very clear local police were supposed to cover the building.

3/3 There is a star on the plan indicating local police were to cover the building which included the roof. We have learned police were inside the building, but not on the roof.

Here's that "confusion" theory again... the SS snipers thought Crooks was a police officer on the roof. Apparently, some are still working with it.

The first thing President Trump did was to duck. And he did it without anyone's help.

I really don't understand the idea that he was solely responsible for safely removing himself from the stage and getting into the SUV. And the idea the Secret Service was powerless to do their job properly because a 78 year old man who was just shot didn't follow some protocol.

An utterly ridiculous idea. JMO.
The first thing he did was touch his ear, from what I recall of videos showing the actual shooting, not ducking.

According to the news from Newsweek, the SS assigned weren't Trump regular security staff. "There were also many supplemental agents from different field officers (not Trump's regular detail) providing security at the rally because Trump's regular detail has been overworked (some working seven days straight), and only two counter-snipers..."

From your link

"We did not divert resources from FPOTUS Trump & protection models don't work that way," Guglielmi wrote.

"As far as 'field office teams' these are the candidate nominee operations teams that are added during election years for the heavy travel tempo."

While in one of the links I posted earlier...

“We cannot comment on matters related to an ongoing investigation at this time,” Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said in a statment.

** o_O:rolleyes: Confusion reigns supreme - jmo The longer this continues the more need we will have for an emoji face that swivels ala Linda Blair/Exorcist.

Last edited:

@BrianEntin

Cheatle said she had SS inside the building on the second floor.That doesn’t make sense to me. She will be expected to verify the information on Monday.

We won’t know what the accuracy is until they finish the investigation. It’s frustrating to watch conflicting reports from one to the other. ‘No cops, traffic cops, local cops, etc. He said-He said.

There is so much unrest in the country, and hearing of a scary sniper attack makes one weary.

Ran across a good article, dateline today @ 9:53 PM EST. It summarizes a lot of facts:

TMC had recently visited the site of the rally (Butler Family Farm Grounds) at least once prior to the Assassination Attempt.

The briefer told lawmakers they are still attempting to access three foreign encrypted platforms that Crooks used on his cellphone, multiple sources told CBS News. Sources said officials told lawmakers that the encrypted sites are presenting challenges to investigators and could take time to decrypt.

The sources familiar with the briefing told CBS News that among the evidence that law enforcement found on and near the gunman's body was an AR-style rifle, a remote transmitter and a primary cellphone. Sources said investigators found two explosive devices, a drone, a tactical vest and four magazines of the same ammunition used in the attack inside Crooks' car. In his house he shared with his parents and sister, investigators seized over a dozen weapons, an explosive device, a secondary cellphone, a laptop, a hard drive and three USB flash drives.

Despite the piles of evidence, and over 200 interviews conducted in the investigation so far, the officials still have not determined what may have motivated the gunman, nor have they found evidence revealing his political or ideological leanings.

Anyone have a guess what three foreign encrypted platforms may mean?

The first thing he did was touch his ear, from what I recall of videos showing the actual shooting, not ducking.
Not aiimed at you Gemmie- I wish the arguing would cease, we all have opinions- none more important than the other. So many important details to decipher and discuss.

I recall the same thing. What a shock that must have been for him. I think it took a few seconds to realize what happened.

Not aiimed at you Gemmie- I wish the arguing would cease, we all have opinions- none more important than the other. So many important details to decipher and discuss.

I recall the same thing. What a shock that must have been for him. I think it took a few seconds to realize what happened.
One of the most important details is the failure of the Secret Service to have nearby rooftops secured from any possible threats.

We need to find out why that happened. JMO.

I am watching the RNC right now and Trump is speaking. He spoke from the heart about his epxerience Saturday. He honored Corey and they even have his firefighter outfit there on display. He said he could see the faces of the crowd standing there looking with concern and he just wanted to send them a message that he was okay so he raised his fist up.
Right. So, he chose to defy protocol and the people trying to save him from a worse fate.

Just speaks to my point that he chose to do what he did, planned or not has nothing to do with it. He has a free will and personal choice.

The people who used their bodies to save him are not entirely to blame for him trying to reach his audience in that moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim
Back