PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Looks like Thomas Crooks made threats to commit a school shooting. Frankly, I am not surprised to hear that some people he might be a school shooter. Something we have heard in the past. People thought Jared Loughner as a potential school shooter.

I have NO expertise here, but I suspect it may be either the Deep or Dark Web.

JMO
I hope they are able to crack the encryption soon. I know nothing about this kind of stuff, so it will be interesting to learn more.

Also curious if his parents had any suspicions in retrospect, that have been of value to investigators. In addition to the Comperatore family, Im also thinking of the Crooks. They should be having Thomas’ service soon, an incredibly difficult situation to be in.

Right. So, he chose to defy protocol and the people trying to save him from a worse fate.

Just speaks to my point that he chose to do what he did, planned or not has nothing to do with it. He has a free will and personal choice.

The people who used their bodies to save him are not entirely to blame for him trying to reach his audience in that moment.
<modsnip: Removed personalizing>

I think it was a great move on his part and I'm glad that he did it. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have a guess what three foreign encrypted platforms may mean?

Maybe ...

Telegram (Russian)
Threema (Switzerland)
Wire (Switzerland)

All encrypted messaging platforms. There are others, but they are US based, from what I can find.

imo

According to the news from Newsweek, the SS assigned weren't Trump regular security staff. "There were also many supplemental agents from different field officers (not Trump's regular detail) providing security at the rally because Trump's regular detail has been overworked (some working seven days straight), and only two counter-snipers..."

"Trump’s son Eric appeared to confirm a close relationship with agents in an interview Tuesday with MSNBC’s Katy Tur.

“I know all those agents onstage, and they’re the greatest people ever,” he said. “I know those people intimately. I know their family.”

The National Security Agency/Central Security Service (NSA/CSS) leads the U.S. Government in cryptology that encompasses both signals intelligence (SIGINT) insights and cybersecurity products and services and enables computer network operations to gain a decisive advantage for the nation and our allies.

The NSA should be able to help if the FBI has problems with encryption. JMO.

The NSA should be able to help if the FBI has problems with encryption. JMO.

There may be nothing there to un-encrypt. Sometimes I think this guy was just messing with their minds. Full well knowing they would trawl through all his stuff, after the fact.

In other words, he may have downloaded programs and never actually used them.
Because no-one needs 3 encrypted messaging platforms.

imo

Looks like Thomas Crooks made threats to commit a school shooting. Frankly, I am not surprised to hear that some people he might be a school shooter. Something we have heard in the past. People thought Jared Loughner as a potential school shooter.

I'm sure I read this Daily Mail article before and there was no mention of him threatening to blow up the school. Now it says it. Did anyone else notice this in an earlier version.
Maybe this can serve as a reminder for students to say something if they hear or know something. Also, I hope kids are not still calling others "school shooter". I know they are kids, but there is nothing funny about it.

I'm sure I read this Daily Mail article before and there was no mention of him threatening to blow up the school. Now it says it. Did anyone else notice this in an earlier version.
Maybe this can serve as a reminder for students to say something if they hear or know something. Also, I hope kids are not still calling others "school shooter". I know they are kids, but there is nothing funny about it
Given all the false reporting happening about the shooter, I won't believe this until we see real evidence...

Given all the false reporting happening about the shooter, I won't believe this until we see real evidence...
Agree, I getting weary of them all citing “sources”, then it turns out to be either false or speculative at best. Like the post he was initially stated to have made on Steam.

I don't know about that. I found a threat to Bethel High School 5 yrs ago, but it was a different guy doing the threatening. I'm going to venture a guess that the NYP got it wrong. Yes, there was a threat 5 yrs ago, and no, they got the wrong person.

An 18-year-old man is accused of making threats against Bethel Park High School and its principal in multiple anonymous emails.

More here: Teen charged with threats against Bethel Park High School

Last edited:
Anyone have a guess what three foreign encrypted platforms may mean?
I believe they were listed in a previous post earlier today or yesterday. I can't find them now but I seem to recall Germany, New Zealand, and one other.

have we confirmed he was wearing shorts? in the clearer photo I really thought I saw camo pants, and the snipers were in all camo though I don't think he looks like LE, based on body mass and age but I don't feel that is a good assessment as I have seen very young appearing officers. Wouldn't' they brief with each other prior to a shared job and at least be slightly familiar with who is who and what positions they would be in ?
[bbm]

snipers on the roofs were wearing black

I think it has to be a good financial analysis. What do we need to protect vs what do we have? I believe there is a way to organize it in a cost-efficient but productive way, and surely if a guy working as a dishwasher can afford a drone, why can’t a major organization do so? Helicopter ride is doable for private citizens, why not for SS? I think the consequences of not implementing safety measures cost more.
[bbm]

he wasn't a dishwasher (but his pay was probably still low) and he lived at home - drones aren't that expensive IMO

I think , sadly, they did not perceive the threat we now see. And I am sure they don't alert him to every odd looking individual that causes them to take a double look. Hindsight is 20/20. Looking now we clearly see what we feel they should have seen.

he seemed like a really innocuous person

I am watching the RNC right now and Trump is speaking. He spoke from the heart about his epxerience Saturday. He honored Corey and they even have his firefighter outfit there on display. He said he could see the faces of the crowd standing there looking with concern and he just wanted to send them a message that he was okay so he raised his fist up.

I don't think in that moment he thought gee let me get this photo op. The suggestion that this is what that was does bother me. He was nearly killed and he is the one that experienced that, not us. He is the one who reached up and felt his ear and brought his hand down and saw the blood. He is the one that had SS over him and heard the message that the shooter was down. He is the one that stood up and looked at the faces of those in the crowd who were shocked, scared, and staring up at the stage for any sign of reassurance that the man they came to see speak was okay.. the man they want to see be the next President. He did what he thought to do in that moment to reassure them. He wasn't looking for a camera to make sure a photo was being taken.
[bbm]

well, with due respect, he knew cameras were on him

I don't know about that. I found a threat to Bethel High School 5 yrs ago, but it was a different guy doing the threatening. I'm going to venture a guess that the NYP got it wrong. Yes, there was a threat 5 yrs ago, and no, they got the wrong person.

An 18-year-old man is accused of making threats against Bethel Park High School and its principal in multiple anonymous emails.

More here: Teen charged with threats against Bethel Park High School
[bbm]

except they quoted his former classmate - do you think the former classmate is remembering the wrong person?

One of the most important details is the failure of the Secret Service to have nearby rooftops secured from any possible threats.

We need to find out why that happened. JMO.

I can’t get passed that. Aerial coverage to me seems basic. I wonder if there are stipulations for SS drone usage.

It's the SS call on how to get him to safety ASAP. If Trump were following the protocol, his head wouldn't have been visible. The agents kept trying to get him to crouch down so they could cover him, but he kept standing back up to wave at the crowd. He was putting himself in danger.

The best choice was to get him into that bulletproof, bomb-proof SUV, which is much safer than the open stage. It was the right move.
President Trump wasn't "resisting" his Secret Service detail, he was taking a moment to reassure his supporters that he was okay. They had seen that he was bloodied when he went to the ground, and they were given reassurance that he was okay.

There is no "protocol for victims of attempted assassinations in the immediacy of the event. Nothing that the President did was inappropriate or against any so-called protocol for what you should do after you are hit with an assassin's bullet.

When President Reagan was shot he wanted to walk into the hospital, which he did and then collapsed once inside. His Secret Service detail at the time didn't want him to walk into the hospital, but he insisted. I wouldn't say that either President Trump or President Reagan resisted some kind of protocol.

They seem to have had similar responses in that both kept their wits about them and handled the situation in ways that they felt were important to them in terms of their roles as leaders.

It's the SS call on how to get him to safety ASAP. If Trump were following the protocol, his head wouldn't have been visible. The agents kept trying to get him to crouch down so they could cover him, but he kept standing back up to wave at the crowd. He was putting himself in danger.

The best choice was to get him into that bulletproof, bomb-proof SUV, which is much safer than the open stage. It was the right move.

I thought it was reported that the vehicle that was nearest to where President Trump was taken was the wrong vehicle - another mistake made in that the right vehicle wasn't parked closest to the stage area in the event he needed to be evacuated, which of course, he in fact did.

President Trump should have never been shot by this shooter let alone have to remember any kind "protocol" that the SS agents didn't seem to be in control of.

I place the blame solely on the SS and not President Trump. JMO.

Absolutely. President Trump is the victim here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216
Back