PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former President Donald Trump began his speech accepting the GOP presidential nomination by describing in the greatest detail yet being the target of an assassination attempt — and said he may never tell the story again.

Trump's remarks in Milwaukee on Thursday were his first major address since he was shot at a campaign rally Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania. The shooting, which injured Trump and two other people and killed a man, has loomed over the Republican National Convention this week.

Here's what Trump, wearing a bandage over his injured right ear, told convention attendees...

I see a tweet but no reference or proof, is there a link I am missing? I didn't see a medical report or any official report about the injury. Edit: This is the latest info I could find.
Here's a Tweet From an NBC reporter repeating his colleague's reporting. I mean, we all knew this. There were no broken teleprompters, and we've seen the path of the bullets thanks to those amazing photos by that NY Times photographer, who actually captured one passing directly behind Trump. His head was turned, as opposed to the initial reporting that likely assumed it was glass because if he was facing forward and took an ear shot, he'd be dead.

Of course those posts were quickly deleted, but the rumor lived on until now. I'm sure the SS would have loved for it to have been glass though, as it would take little bit of the sting off of their failure. Maybe.

Last edited:
Former President Donald Trump began his speech accepting the GOP presidential nomination by describing in the greatest detail yet being the target of an assassination attempt — and said he may never tell the story again.

Trump's remarks in Milwaukee on Thursday were his first major address since he was shot at a campaign rally Saturday in Butler, Pennsylvania. The shooting, which injured Trump and two other people and killed a man, has loomed over the Republican National Convention this week.

Here's what Trump, wearing a bandage over his injured right ear, told convention attendees...

He said he may never tell the story again because it is too painful.

Here's a Tweet From an NBC reporter repeating his colleague's reporting. I mean, we all knew this. There were no broken teleprompters, and we've seen the path of the bullets thanks to those amazing photos by that NY Times photographer, who actually captured one passing directly behind Trump. His head was turned, as opposed to the initial reporting that likely assumed it was glass because if he was facing forward and took an ear shot, he'd be dead.

Of course those posts were quickly deleted, but the rumor lived on until now. I'm sure the SS would have loved for it to have been glass though, as it would take little bit of the sting off of their failure. Maybe.

IMO, it doesn't matter whether it was glass or a bullet - the shooter was still able to take his shots and killed a man while seriously injuring two others.

I would just love to see the medical report from the incident.

I thin this is a good summary of the kind of motive that is being developed:

- If I murder John Lennon, I become like John Lennon- if only for a moment.
- If I cant get to Trump, then my ticket to "fame" will be Biden- or the current mega popular pop star.
- Wow, I am getting to Trump- cant believe its sooo easy!!
So he did this alone?

IMO, it doesn't matter whether it was glass or a bullet - the shooter was still able to take his shots and killed a man while seriously injuring two others.

I would just love to see the medical report from the incident.
If the cause of the injury doesn’t matter, then why does a medical report matter?

I am watching the RNC right now and Trump is speaking. He spoke from the heart about his epxerience Saturday. He honored Corey and they even have his firefighter outfit there on display. He said he could see the faces of the crowd standing there looking with concern and he just wanted to send them a message that he was okay so he raised his fist up.

I don't think in that moment he thought gee let me get this photo op. The suggestion that this is what that was does bother me. He was nearly killed and he is the one that experienced that, not us. He is the one who reached up and felt his ear and brought his hand down and saw the blood. He is the one that had SS over him and heard the message that the shooter was down. He is the one that stood up and looked at the faces of those in the crowd who were shocked, scared, and staring up at the stage for any sign of reassurance that the man they came to see speak was okay.. the man they want to see be the next President. He did what he thought to do in that moment to reassure them. He wasn't looking for a camera to make sure a photo was being taken.

I would agree. We weren't there, and we weren't in that situation. I was surprised that he obviously understood what was going on (if a bullet grazed my ear, I would probably be confused, what was it?) But since Trump was alive, despite all the SS mistakes and obvious unpreparedness, it was his right to choose how to behave. If I were to interpret the whole scene - I don't think he viewed it as a photo-op at all. I think he understood the danger but refused to be humiliated by the shooter. I identify myself as slightly left-leaning, so there is no reason for me to overly praise former POTUS Trump, but i think we all saw that when faced with deathly danger, Trump behaved courageously.

The third one

The third one, James Copenheur, came out with a statement today expressing his unwaving support for President Trump and stated that he looked forward to meeting with President Trump when he is physically able to. All three of the victims of the shooter were apparently ardent supports of President Trump.

I don't have a written link, this was discussed tonight during the televised coverage of the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo