PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is speculation: Maybe TMC didn't share that he'd taken the day off and a call came in from his workplace (either on a landline at the home, or on the cellphone TMC left behind at home). So, his parents may have become aware that he had misled them about his plans for that day?
But is that reason to repeatedly contact your 20yo? If my 20yo missed work, I would think he could handle that responsibility himself, unless I thought he was about to be fired (which he wasn't, afaik) or was in danger. But why would they think he was in danger?

Plus, when I contact my kids, I don't repeat as I assume they will see I called or texted and that's enough of a prompt to contact me back. What's the point of doing that over and over? They were nervous about something.

jmo

Agreed! I have a 21 and 22 yo and they come and go at all hours. The only thing I can think of (other than something we may not be aware of yet) is possibly the fact that he had their gun. Maybe he was home within a certain time frame in the past when he'd go to the range so they started wondering.
I'm confused about the range? I thought he asked to borrow the gun to go to the range on Friday, but was it Saturday?

If he borrowed the gun on Friday and he still had it on Saturday, maybe that was enough for his parents to want to reach him immediately on Saturday? Maybe they were worried he brought it to work (if they didn't know he took the day off).

Or, did they know he was going to the rally? Maybe? Even so, I wouldn't think my kid was about to shoot anyone unless I already knew he was troubled. I'm getting the feeling, stronger and stronger, they knew something wasn't right.

jmo

I'm confused about the range? I thought he asked to borrow the gun to go to the range on Friday, but was it Saturday?

If he borrowed the gun on Friday and he still had it on Saturday, maybe that was enough for his parents to want to reach him immediately on Saturday? Maybe they were worried he brought it to work (if they didn't know he took the day off).

Or, did they know he was going to the rally? Maybe? Even so, I wouldn't think my kid was about to shoot anyone unless I already knew he was troubled. I'm getting the feeling, stronger and stronger, they knew something wasn't right.

jmo
Hmm, good point. Now I can't recall if/when they thought he was at the range. Was he at the range either day and/or did dad/parents assume he was at the range? Seems we just keep ending up with more questions! Unless this has already been clarified and I missed it . . .

jmo
We know he went to the range on Friday. I imagine they thought he was going again on Saturday.

"On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said."

But is that reason to repeatedly contact your 20yo? If my 20yo missed work, I would think he could handle that responsibility himself, unless I thought he was about to be fired (which he wasn't, afaik) or was in danger. But why would they think he was in danger?

Plus, when I contact my kids, I don't repeat as I assume they will see I called or texted and that's enough of a prompt to contact me back. What's the point of doing that over and over? They were nervous about something.

jmo

The odds and ends we've read, it seems to point to the fact the parent's felt some cause for concern. I wonder if it will ever come to light.

We know he went to the range on Friday. I imagine they thought he was going again on Saturday.

"On Friday, he went to a shooting range where he was a member, and practiced firing, a law enforcement official told CNN. The next morning, Crooks went to a Home Depot, where he bought a five-foot ladder, and a gun store, where he purchased 50 rounds of ammunition, the official said."

So they knew he had the day off from work on Saturday and would spend it at the range? I guess that could be, but I think there was something else on their mind.

I think they are smart to be staying out of the media spotlight, but I am curious about what happened at home in the time leading up to the event. I hope we learn some of the details at some point.

jmo

I agree they were all brave agents and put their own life at risk to protect president Trump after the shooting. That’s undeniable IMO. However the 5’ something agents, men or women, can not be as affective as people as tall or close to it as Trump is.

Leaving the sex of the agent out of it, the close in Secret Service Teams should have had a minimum height standard based on the height of the person being protected IMO. It just makes them more affective in there job.
I hear what you're saying... Short people might not be as effective shielding a tall person than those taller. With that said... I suppose you'd want a rule where the tall people should not be allowed to duck/bend? Because that's what they did, so I'm thinking their height doesn't matter a whole lot.

1721420197670.png

I'm fine with them being any height. I'd put the blame more on a tall target not ducking down.

So they knew he had the day off from work on Saturday and would spend it at the range? I guess that could be, but I think there was something else on their mind.

I think they are smart to be staying out of the media spotlight, but I am curious about what happened at home in the time leading up to the event. I hope we learn some of the details at some point.

jmo
I think they knew he had the day off, but made the assumption he was at the range.

My theory right now is that whenever he went to the range, he was gone a certain amount of time. At some point enough time had passed that they became concerned, because it broke his usual pattern.

I have wondered if he borrowed his parents car that day and that was why they were concerned about him. I do find it curious that you would call 911 so quickly though, something triggered the parents that day for them to call before the shootings happened. So missed opportunities with this guy that day! Father of Trump gunman called police about son before attack

rsbm

From the above article:

Who is handling the investigation?​

“The FBI is set to lead the investigation and said its working with the Secret Service and local and state law enforcement.”

Also, Mayorkas said on X that HS Secretary A Mayorkas and SS Director K Cheatle briefed Biden and are working with le partners to respond to and investigate the shooting:

“We are engaged with President Biden, former President Trump, and their campaigns, and are taking every possible measure to ensure their safety and security.”

* Mike Johnson also said House will conduct full investigation of attack on rally:

“The American people deserve to know the truth,” Johnson said. “We will have Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle and other appropriate officials from DHS and the FBI appear for a hearing before our committees ASAP.”

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying... Short people might not be as effective shielding a tall person than those taller. With that said... I suppose you'd want a rule where the tall people should not be allowed to duck/bend? Because that's what they did, so I'm thinking their height doesn't matter a whole lot.

View attachment 518991

I'm fine with them being any height. I'd put the blame more on a tall target not ducking down.

I notice the two on the left, appear to be hiding behind Trump. I notice in the video they appear laying on Trump's back, making it very difficult to navigate the steps. The female agent appears to be bearing the weight of Trump, plus the agents on Trump's back, trying to negotiate the steps sideways.

I mean he might as well wave, they clearly left him wide open. The shortest agent in the most critical location.

The SS failed to provide a safe exit plan. The steps are clearly only wide enough for one person.

Moo....the SS was great to cover Trump, removal from the stage seemed to lack planning. They gave the go ahead to move him, then hauled midway rising up, went back down, finally rose. Once they were standing they seem to lack a plan or coordination removing him from the stage.

Moo... I think they did the best they could .... but lacked planning and walk through scenarios.

Why were his parents concerned about him that afternoon?

jmo
I've mentioned this before, but I think it's because most people don't drive around with a weapon in their car after they go hunting or to a range. I think it's more likely they go there and right back home so they don't have to leave an expensive weapon in their car. Also, where else would he be going if he headed to the range and had a rifle with him? This rifle was also his dads so dad agrees to let him go to the range with it, I think it's more likely he was aware he wasn't back yet because of that. I'd say his history likely was he went there and right back home. If he has been doing that for a year or more and then this day he just didn't come back home or respond to texts, I'd say that is why they were worried.

He was supposedly took the day off work. Did they know he took the day off, I wonder?

Being concerned about a 20yo at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon seems a bit odd. Something would have to prompt them to repeatedly try to reach him, I would guess. I didn't keep close tabs on my kids at that age that I'd need to reach them on a Saturday afternoon, ykwim? I wouldn't even know what they were doing, tbh, even when they were home from college in the summer.

Did he leave a note or voicemail that concerned them? I do wonder about that.

jmo
He asked to use his dads rifle to go to the shooting range. I'd say that is a good reason to be concerned when he didn't return. Dad would know how long it takes to drive there and shoot and return. I think this is why they were worried so early in the afternoon. If he left at say 8 or 9am with this gun and by 1 he wasn't home and didn't answer his phone or let them know he was doing something else.. well actually what else is he going to do with a rifle in the car?

I have wondered if he borrowed his parents car that day and that was why they were concerned about him. I do find it curious that you would call 911 so quickly though, something triggered the parents that day for them to call before the shootings happened. So missed opportunities with this guy that day! Father of Trump gunman called police about son before attack

Information from the parents could possibly be very valuable in evaluating future possible shooter threats, depending, of course, on why the parents were concerned about their son and called the police.

I think they definitely knew something, and I hope we learn what that something was.

He asked to use his dads rifle to go to the shooting range. I'd say that is a good reason to be concerned when he didn't return. Dad would know how long it takes to drive there and shoot and return. I think this is why they were worried so early in the afternoon. If he left at say 8 or 9am with this gun and by 1 he wasn't home and didn't answer his phone or let them know he was doing something else.. well actually what else is he going to do with a rifle in the car?
But wouldn't the rifle be safe if in the trunk, for example? Was it a requirement that he only travel to and from the range with no other stops? Can't the kid stop somewhere on a Saturday afternoon without his parents calling him?

I just find their concern intriguing.... especially in light of what he actually was doing that day. I think there was something "off" that we don't know about yet but that his parents did. And whatever that was, it was very urgent to them.

jmo

I'm speculating that they did not share their locations with each other otherwise they would be able to see his location. They were also unaware of the bomb making activities if he was indeed making them at home.

One thing in my mind is for sure and that is they were not aware of his plans to assassinate a prominent figure. Being in the mental health field that would be a huge red flag that would warrant removing firearms from the home at the absolute minimum. That is just my MOO at this moment in time.

I'm speculating that they did not share their locations with each other otherwise they would be able to see his location. They were also unaware of the bomb making activities if he was indeed making them at home.

One thing in my mind is for sure and that is they were not aware of his plans to assassinate a prominent figure. Being in the mental health field that would be a huge red flag that would warrant removing firearms from the home at the absolute minimum. That is just my MOO at this moment in time.
Very good point about having guns in the home. So does that indicate they didn't have any concerns about his mental health??

jmo

One might think TC's parent's first action would be to call him.
Then his friends, to see if he'd stopped by ?

Bbm.
Agreed.

TC may have exhibited red flags, but his family probably never imagined he had murder on his mind !
I'm sorry for all of the people he hurt, including his own family.
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back