PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think they knew he had the day off, but made the assumption he was at the range.

My theory right now is that whenever he went to the range, he was gone a certain amount of time. At some point enough time had passed that they became concerned, because it broke his usual pattern.
If that was me, I would not tell my parents that I was taking the day off!! YMMV!!!

Just plopping this here with no further comment.

"Failed Donald Trump assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks’ final online search before the Pennsylvania rally shooting last weekend was for *advertiser censored*, according to a report."

https://nypost.com/2024/07/19/us-ne...-online-search-was-for-*advertiser censored*/

Edited to make it clear what was censored out. It starts with "p" and rhymes with "corn." Cornography.

Last edited:
I think they knew he had the day off, but made the assumption he was at the range.

My theory right now is that whenever he went to the range, he was gone a certain amount of time. At some point enough time had passed that they became concerned, because it broke his usual pattern.
Great points. He may have also shared his location. Once he was late returning, maybe they checked and discovered it off and became concerned.

But wouldn't the rifle be safe if in the trunk, for example? Was it a requirement that he only travel to and from the range with no other stops? Can't the kid stop somewhere on a Saturday afternoon without his parents calling him?

I just find their concern intriguing.... especially in light of what he actually was doing that day. I think there was something "off" that we don't know about yet but that his parents did. And whatever that was, it was very urgent to them.

jmo

Maybe he left them a note, or sent them a text, saying something like "If anything ever happens to me please know that I love you"?

Yeah, I just can't reconcile, "The SS let him down" but also, "I'm glad he defied them and rose above to pump his fist"... Which is it?
I think those that are speaking from a politically neutral perspective agree that there were glaring faults in the planning and prep of SS, but are not suggesting the agents actively covering him did anything wrong. At least that’s my opinion. I don’t blame Trump for his actions in the aftermath especially since none of us could say how we’d react to almost being shot in the head, but I don’t fault the SS agents covering him either. I think they did a great job and were very courageous. My qualms would be with the pre-planning and exposed areas that were left vulnerable.

The public ranges I’ve been to in TX I pay for a lane by the hour and it’s not something I spend all day doing. Even my A Girl with a Gun group only occupied the range for an hour and the other hour was spent meeting or at dinner. Given the current prices on ammo, I’m not inclined to prolonged shooting even doing my drills. I can see where after a certain time period someone would wonder about a location if not back within a given time period. I guess I haven’t looked up his gun club to see if it’s a similar set up, rent the lane by the hour or if you just pay your membership fee and shoot at will.

If he had a habit of being gone x many hours shooting and that day it was different I can see the parents wondering where he was.

IMOO

“Mark Zuckerberg said that former President Donald Trump’s immediate reaction after being shot was “bada**” and inspiring, and helps explain his appeal to voters.

“Seeing Donald Trump get up after getting shot in the face and pump his fist in the air with the American flag is one of the most bada** things I’ve ever seen in my life,” the Meta Platforms Inc. chief executive officer said Thursday during an interview at the company’s headquarters in Menlo Park, California. “On some level as an American, it’s like hard to not get kind of emotional about that spirit and that fight, and I think that that’s why a lot of people like the guy.”

An instructor at Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky, was put on unpaid leave over what university officials said on Monday was an "offensive and unacceptable social media post." By Tuesday, John James was no longer employed there, though it's not clear if he resigned or was fired, the Louisville Courier Journal, part of the USA TODAY Network, reported.

James' comments about the shooter missing were screenshotted and posted by the conservative social media account Libs of TikTok.

"Words and actions that condone violence are unacceptable and contrary to our values, which call for respecting the intrinsic value and dignity of every individual," Jason Cissell, assistant vice president for communication at Bellarmine, said in a statement to the Courier Journal.

Another post by Libs of TikTok highlighted comments made by a worker at the Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar, a restaurant with locations in several states. The restaurant later said in a post that the worker was no longer employed and had violated its social media policy.

Others out of a job include a middle school behavior facilitator in South Dakota and a Pennsylvania fire chief. In Wayne, Pennsylvania, the Wayne Business Association said its secretary resigned after a post about the shooting.

But wouldn't the rifle be safe if in the trunk, for example? Was it a requirement that he only travel to and from the range with no other stops? Can't the kid stop somewhere on a Saturday afternoon without his parents calling him?

I just find their concern intriguing.... especially in light of what he actually was doing that day. I think there was something "off" that we don't know about yet but that his parents did. And whatever that was, it was very urgent to them.

jmo
I don't know about them, but I know my husband well and if one of our adult sons that still lived in our house took one of his rifles to a range, he wouldn't want them doing all the other things with the gun in the car. At the end of the day he is responsible for those weapons and he takes that seriously so he'd want them to come right back and secure in the safe before heading out to visit friends and whatever else he was going to do. Then again we treat firearms like they are a deadly weapon and we've taught our kids what happens when they have the weapon is their responsibility. So yes we would be alarmed and we would be calling. I can't say exactly at what point we'd be worried, but if one of them went shooting and then didn't return we would be concerned sooner than if they were just out hanging with friends. We wouldn't even really be tracking their movements unless they happened to call or just give us an update (our adult kids that live in our home still do keep us fairly updated on their plans, we don't dictate where/when they can go places, but just like my husband and I keep each other in the loop about our basic plans so do our kids)

This is a welcome change after Monday's, "we're not changing anything" messaging.

Secret Service boosts and rethinks security for first Trump-Vance rally and campaign

The US Secret Service is scrambling to increase security ahead of former President Donald Trump’s first campaign rally since the failed assassination attempt on his life last week, sources familiar with the planning told CNN.

The security around Trump’s future rallies and events is being entirely rethought, including where they should be held – whether indoors or in more secure outdoor locations. Outdoor events for Trump like the one in Butler, Pennsylvania, where he was nearly assassinated, will likely be severely limited, sources said, if not entirely done away with.

Yeah, I just can't reconcile, "The SS let him down" but also, "I'm glad he defied them and rose above to pump his fist"... Which is it?
I think the SS failed him BEFORE he took the stage. There never should have been a shooter on the roof with Trump on the stage.

I don't think the SS agents that rushed to him after failed him at all.

I also don't see his fist in the air as defying anyone.

I see failures in the planning and in the lead up to Trump taking the stage. Then I see brave SS agents who risked their life to take out the shooter and to protect Trump the best they could. I see a human being then trying to reassure the thousands of people that just watched as he was shot at.

An instructor at Bellarmine University in Louisville, Kentucky, was put on unpaid leave over what university officials said on Monday was an "offensive and unacceptable social media post." By Tuesday, John James was no longer employed there, though it's not clear if he resigned or was fired, the Louisville Courier Journal, part of the USA TODAY Network, reported.

James' comments about the shooter missing were screenshotted and posted by the conservative social media account Libs of TikTok.

"Words and actions that condone violence are unacceptable and contrary to our values, which call for respecting the intrinsic value and dignity of every individual," Jason Cissell, assistant vice president for communication at Bellarmine, said in a statement to the Courier Journal.

Another post by Libs of TikTok highlighted comments made by a worker at the Tupelo Honey Southern Kitchen & Bar, a restaurant with locations in several states. The restaurant later said in a post that the worker was no longer employed and had violated its social media policy.

Others out of a job include a middle school behavior facilitator in South Dakota and a Pennsylvania fire chief. In Wayne, Pennsylvania, the Wayne Business Association said its secretary resigned after a post about the shooting.
There are so many! A University English teacher, School District behavior facilitator, a banana farm LOL, a Director of the Board of Chiropractic Examiners, a teacher association member, a yoga instructor, a teacher, a pediatric surgeon, a funeral home worker, a hospital staffer, a University associate staffer, a fire chief and a mayor. There are others but I have lost count. TikTok is flooded with examples and I see some of the ones I have noted in your news clip so sorry for the repetitions. I'm dismayed most by the occupations of these people, they should know better.

ETA removed quote.

I think the SS failed him BEFORE he took the stage. There never should have been a shooter on the roof with Trump on the stage.

I don't think the SS agents that rushed to him after failed him at all.

I also don't see his fist in the air as defying anyone.

I see failures in the planning and in the lead up to Trump taking the stage. Then I see brave SS agents who risked their life to take out the shooter and to protect Trump the best they could. I see a human being then trying to reassure the thousands of people that just watched as he was shot at.
Yes, you and I are on the same page. I agree that there were big holes left under the presumption that local LE were "on it", and unfortunately that wasn't the case. I quite dislike the SS pointing their fingers at local LE, but I can also understand that communication breakdowns exist. But when the stakes are this high, well... it's a big problem. What is, perhaps, local LE's fault, is that they secured the inside of the building, but for some reason neglected to secure the roof.

I only took issue with what I interpreted as criticism towards those SS who rushed to his aid. As I stated awhile back, they put their bodies between a gun and a politician for the good of the country. That's nothing to scoff at.

"Defied" may not be the right choice of word for his reaction. I was trying to convey that he was disobeying their orders to keep his head down. Conversely, when a crowd of your supporters is standing there watching you, wanting to know that you're okay, I can also understand his reaction and willingness to reassure his supporters in that most vulnerable moment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back