PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I b
I noticed he didn't make mention of any stitches. (I assume he may be gotten several, but maybe he didn't??)
I think he's well qualified to write a report. It's a pretty straightforward wound and he's describing the healing process, so he doesn't need to run tests or review of systems. He's just examining a wound.
I believe in the letter he says it didn’t require stitches because of the “blunt nature of the wound.”

In my opinion it makes total sense that the Secret Service did not provide proper resources to protect President Trump by the fact that a 20 year old was almost successful in assassinating him.

The proof is in the fact that a bullet nearly hit him in the head killing him. JMO.

The SS was also 'not permitted' to offer any SS protection for RFK at the same time. Suddenly, miraculously and thankfully, this has now changed.

Secret Service said to have denied requests for more security at Trump events​

Top officials repeatedly rejected requests from Trump’s security detail for more manpower and gear at events before attempted assassination, at times citing lack of resources, people familiar with the asks said.

Top officials at the U.S. Secret Service repeatedly denied requests for additional resources and personnel sought by Donald Trump’s security detail in the two years leading up to his attempted assassination at a rally in Pennsylvania last Saturday, according to four people familiar with the requests.

Agents charged with protecting the former president requested magnetometers and more agents to screen attendees at sporting events and other large public gatherings Trump attended, as well as additional snipers and specialty teams at other outdoor events, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe sensitive security discussions. The requests, which have not been previously reported, were sometimes denied by senior officials at the agency, who cited various reasons, including a lack of resources at an agency that has long struggled with staffing shortages, they said.

Those rejections — in response to requests that were several times made in writing — led to long-standing tensions that pitted Trump, his top aides and his security detail against Secret Service leadership, as Trump advisers privately fretted that the vaunted security agency was not doing enough to protect the former president.

The Secret Service, after initially denying turning down requests for additional security, is now acknowledging some may have been rejected. The revelation comes as agency veterans say the organization has been forced to make difficult decisions amid competing demands, a growing list of protectees and limited funding.

Yikes.

I don't dispute that SS messed up at the Butler, PA rally, resulting in a terrible tragedy. I'm just not willing to accept that SS had been shorting Trump on his SS budget and protection for the last 2 years. Trump is a very outspoken man and it seemed unlikely he would have tolerated such cuts in his security without going public and making a fuss.

Of course, its possible, but this time I'm asking for some evidence. I still prefer to wait until the investigation is complete. JMO The only exception would be if there were some glaring problem right now in SS that threatens the security of all the individuals and families it serves.
In my opinion it's looking to be more than possible. It's looking to be very likely.

And in the end if it's determined that the Secret Service didn't restrict resources for President Trump's protection it doesn't let them off the hook.

Their job is to protect him and they failed in doing their job. JMO.

For those who aren't familiar with Carol Leonnig she's a highly respected multi Pulitzer Prize winner for her investigating journalism so I'm going with this is what took place until proved otherwise.

Well, I guess an investigation will get to the truth. Each side seems to be denying the claims of the other.

All former Presidents and their families are afforded protection from the Secret Service. As a former President and now a candidate for the Presidency, Trump should not have to rely on his own security team to keep him safe.

I get that. But all I am reading is that SS resources were spread thin. So if there is a problem with limited resources, boost them up yourself. Add to them with private resources. Especially being a presidential candidate.

imo

In my opinion it's looking to be more than possible. It's looking to be very likely.

And in the end if it's determined that the Secret Service didn't restrict resources for President Trump's protection it doesn't let them off the hook.

Their job is to protect him and they failed in doing their job. JMO.

Well, I hope they fix the problem immediately.

As the retired SS agent said in Tricia's YT video last night, it appeared that some of the agents weren't responding the way they should be. There are now questions about the amount of training and experience agents have before being elevated to handling security for government officials. IIRC, he seemed to indicate that it looked as though some of the agents may not have had as much practice as needed. In those crisis events, the agents have to react automatically, reflexively doing as they're trained. Some of the agents on and around the stage didn't respond 100% with the actions they were trained to do, like forcing Trump's head down and moving him out, instead of allowing him to stand up.

So, yeah, it could be a manpower problem, it could be not enough training and practice, or any number of problems.

It also seemed odd there were no canine's patrolling there.

Last edited:
Might seem a mundane question ... but why couldn't he have paid for his own private security, if he wasn't able to get enough due to limited SS and police resources? To bolster the protection. Add to it.

Seems a logical thing to do. Plenty of people have their own private security. imo

Maybe he will do that in the future.
The Secret Service probably wouldn't be fans of that. They'd want vetted, Federal resources to be in charge of inner perimeter security, and I can't imagine they'd allow some privately hired personnel to be anywhere near the President.

That wasn't the issue here anyway, as the threat came from outside the venue. It's not like Trump could have his own private sniper team, or private security behaving as law enforcement. That would create so much confusion.

For those who aren't familiar with Carol Leonnig she's a highly respected multi Pulitzer Prize winner for her investigating journalism so I'm going with this is what took place until proved otherwise.
I was not familiar with her until seeing that post. I now have a few of her books in my library queue including this one

Might seem a mundane question ... but why couldn't he have paid for his own private security, if he wasn't able to get enough due to limited SS and police resources? To bolster the protection. Add to it.

Seems a logical thing to do. Plenty of people have their own private security. imo

Maybe he will do that in the future.
He should not have to, he is eligible for SS protection. Why should he be expected to pay for private security when Obama and George W are provided SS?

The Secret Service probably wouldn't be fans of that. They'd want vetted, Federal resources to be in charge of perimeter security, and I can't imagine they'd allow some privately hired personnel to be anywhere near the President.

That wasn't the issue here anyway, as the threat came from outside the venue. It's not like Trump could have his own private sniper team, or private security behaving as law enforcement.

No, but he could have had a team watching the outer perimeter. The weak spot.

Anyway, it just seems like a logical solution to cover a weak area. Because it seems that the SS and the police were spread thin due to lack of resources.

imo

Anyway, it just seems like a logical solution to cover a weak area. Because it seems that the SS and the police were spread thin due to lack of resources.

imo
Private security teams have no authority. I doubt secret service would allowed private security to be armed with weaponry in the presence of a former president. Moo

imo
This is what I thought:

“It’s playing with fire,” said Jonathan Wackrow, a former Secret Service agent who worked on President Barack Obama’s protective detail during his 2012 reelection campaign. Having a private security team working events with Secret Service “increases the Service’s liability, it creates greater confusion and it creates greater risk,” Wackrow said.

“You never want to commingle a police function with a private security function,”
he said, adding, “If you talk to the guys on the detail and the guys who are running the rallies, that’s been a little bit difficult because it’s so abnormal.”

This is what I thought:

“It’s playing with fire,” said Jonathan Wackrow, a former Secret Service agent who worked on President Barack Obama’s protective detail during his 2012 reelection campaign. Having a private security team working events with Secret Service “increases the Service’s liability, it creates greater confusion and it creates greater risk,” Wackrow said.

“You never want to commingle a police function with a private security function,”
he said, adding, “If you talk to the guys on the detail and the guys who are running the rallies, that’s been a little bit difficult because it’s so abnormal.”

Seems like it will be an ongoing problem then. Unless they pour money into the SS and boost their resources.

imo

imo
Why in the world would President Trump supersede his Secret Service detail by hiring a private security detail?

The Secret Service is supposed to be the best in the world. And how well would it even work having two different groups trying to be in charge of his security?

It doesn't make any sense. Unless this idea is to deflect away from the Secret Services short comings and place them on President Trump. JMO.

I get that. But all I am reading is that SS resources were spread thin. So if there is a problem with limited resources, boost them up yourself. Add to them with private resources. Especially being a presidential candidate.

imo
In the SS dept's defense when does how much one's asking becomes too much?
We know from the past that Trump while President had no problem milking their SS coffers and even over-charging them for staying at his hotels.

Trump hotels charged his Secret Service protectors ...​

1721520566372.png
NPR
https://www.npr.org › 2022/10/17 › trump-hotels-overc...

Oct 17, 2022 — The Trump Organization appears to have overcharged the Secret Service for stays at Trump-owned properties by agents protecting the ...

Trump Organization charged Secret Service as much as ...​

1721520566406.png
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › t...

Oct 17, 2022 — During Donald Trump's presidency, Trump hotels charged the Secret Service nightly rates as high as $1185 per room, more than five times the ...

In the SS dept's defense when does how much one's asking becomes too much?
We know from the past that Trump while President had no problem milking their SS coffers and even over-charging them for staying at his hotels.

Trump hotels charged his Secret Service protectors ...

View attachment 519315
NPR
https://www.npr.org › 2022/10/17 › trump-hotels-overc...

Oct 17, 2022 — The Trump Organization appears to have overcharged the Secret Service for stays at Trump-owned properties by agents protecting the ...

Trump Organization charged Secret Service as much as ...

View attachment 519316
NBC News
https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › donald-trump › t...

Oct 17, 2022 — During Donald Trump's presidency, Trump hotels charged the Secret Service nightly rates as high as $1185 per room, more than five times the ...
I mean, just give enough resources so some idiot who is asking to get caught, is unable to fire multiple shots at a Presidential candidate.

This isn’t a money issue, it’s a manpower one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back