PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, but he could have had a team watching the outer perimeter. The weak spot.

Anyway, it just seems like a logical solution to cover a weak area. Because it seems that the SS and the police were spread thin due to lack of resources.

imo
How would President Donald Trump (PDT)know he had a weak spot on his outer perimeter? I doubt the SS Agent in charge (SSAIC) knew (unless the conspiracy theorist are right, which I doubt) there was a hole in the perimeter. So who would have told PDT in time for him to hire someone?

I also doubt the SSAIC ever mentioned the fact that he requested more agents and was turned down by his superiors, to PDT. That could be considered disloyal to the SS and also make PDT less confident in the SS ability to protect him.

MOO

I mean, just give enough resources so some idiot who is asking to get caught, is unable to fire multiple shots at a Presidential candidate.

This isn’t a money issue, it’s a manpower one.
I think it was in the Trisha/Jim video where he said that if more LE security is needed for an event then the SS can get them from surrounding jurisdictions?

How would President Donald Trump (PDT)know he had a weak spot on his outer perimeter? I doubt the SS Agent in charge (SSAIC) knew (unless the conspiracy theorist are right, which I doubt) there was a hole in the perimeter. So who would have told PDT in time for him to hire someone?

I also doubt the SSAIC ever mentioned the fact that he requested more agents and was turned down by his superiors, to PDT. That could be considered disloyal to the SS and also make PDT less confident in the SS ability to protect him.

MOO
You make some very good points.

I don't get the idea that President Trump failed in providing for his own security when it's the job of the Secret Service, the premier security agency in the world, to do that. JMO.

I think it was in the Trisha/Jim video where he said that if more LE security is needed for an event then the SS can get them from surrounding jurisdictions?
That’s what they did here. They had a large number of officers from outside agencies working that perimeter.

Jackson stated that Trump sustained a 2 cm wide wound “that extended down the cartilaginous surface of the ear.” No sutures were required for Trump’s wound, Jackson said, but “there is still intermittent bleeding requiring a dressing to be in place.”

That dressing, a white square of gauze, was visible at the top third of Trump’s ear throughout the convention. It also became a symbol for Trump supporters who sported makeshift bandages atop their right ears on the convention floor in solidarity with the former president.

I think in this case, there weren't enough to go around. Jill Biden and Kamala Harris each had separate rallies on the same day in Pennsylvania. So, State Police were probably spread thin between the 3 rallies. You have county and some township, but how many do they have to help?

I think in this case, there weren't enough to go around. Jill Biden and Kamala Harris each had separate rallies on the same day in Pennsylvania. So, State Police were probably spread thin between the 3 rallies. You have county and some township, but how many do they have to help?
In a case like you describe the agent in charge of President Trump's security should contact headquarters and ask for more resources when there's a lack of local or state support. JMO.

In the days that followed their first site visit, the Secret Service made its requests for local assistance. The law enforcement presence at the site on the day of the rally — federal, state and local — ending up totaling more than 100 officers, a Secret Service official said.

Butler County Sheriff Michael Slupe said he had about six deputies at the rally, whose primary jobs were to secure the perimeter and “make sure people didn’t jump the fence” into the rally.

The State Police said in a statement that its approximately 30 to 40 troopers were there “to assist with securing the inside perimeter.” The statement said the agency “was not responsible for securing the building or property at AGR International.”

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement had 16 Homeland Security Investigations agents at the rally assisting the Secret Service, according to two U.S. officials. One of the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the continuing investigation, said the ICE agents were deployed in various roles such as screening members of the news media as they entered the secured area and helping direct traffic.

Who decided where the perimeter would be?

I wonder if the gun he left with for the range is the one that he used that day, maybe he hid another of his fathers guns. His dad hadike twenty guns.

Ikd jmo
Most long guns break down into pieces — I’m not experienced with an AR-15, but I assume it would, too. I saw the articles stating LE thinks TMC probably hid the gun near the building he mounted before the rally, but on @Tricia’s podcast this week, former SS Jim Rathmann said that TMC walked back into the fair grounds with the rifle dismantled in his backpack and then reassembled it. Not saying he knows more than has been reported but his version also makes sense.

Just pointing this out.

Who decided where the perimeter would be?
The advance team designates the venue’s security perimeters, or zones, and assigns agents and supporting law enforcement personnel accordingly, he said. The inner perimeter is closest to the candidate or “protectee”; the middle perimeter, within the venue but farther away, is next; and then the outer perimeter.

You make some very good points.

I don't get the idea that President Trump failed in providing for his own security when it's the job of the Secret Service, the premier security agency in the world, to do that. JMO.
Agreed. Former presidents should be able to trust the SS team assigned to them. I am looking forward to hearing what happens this week during questioning.

Perhaps in the election years, additional people need to be hired. My personal feeling: it is not the state police's job, it is not the firefighters' job, it is truly, not the local agencies prerogative. We have a very hot summer; there are fires everywhere in my states, and if local resources are drawn to big-time politicians, it is unfair to simple folks. Perhaps at the beginning when there are many runners-in from the opposite party, the POTUS has the priority in security. However, after the candidates have been nominated, they should have equal rights, SS-wise. And, sorry, anyhow, it all applies to swing states. JMO.

Most long guns break down into pieces — I’m not experienced with an AR-15, but I assume it would, too. I saw the articles stating LE thinks TMC probably hid the gun near the building he mounted before the rally, but on @Tricia’s podcast this week, former SS Jim Rathmann said that TMC walked back into the fair grounds with the rifle dismantled in his backpack and then reassembled it. Not saying he knows more than has been reported but his version also makes sense.

Just pointing this out.
If you do a close-up of the photo of the bicycle on scene that reportedly was left there by Crooks, there are a few items left with it: a backpack left beside the back wheel, what looks like a small sports or duffle bag hanging from the handlebars, something draped over one side of the handlebars (a helmet, or possibly an item of clothing), and what looks like a long brown, somewhat tubular item that is placed under the bike, stretching from one side of the bike to the other. One side of that item is obscured from view by the backpack. I wonder whether that long, brown, somewhat tubular item might be a rifle bag.
1721525249263.png

Pic from:

Last edited:
bbm
Is he still Trump’s doctor ? The letter is headed and signed “former physician” to DJT
I snipped a lot of extraneous phrases to shorten my post, but if you read the article, he states he’s been seeing President Trump regularly since the shooting. I apologize — he may not be his regular doctor/internist but he seems to be attending to him related to his gun shot wound.

I can't imagine that wasn't completely the Secret Service's call.
Yes.

I don't think that a committee of Secret Service, local LE and State Police needs to decide what the perimeter is.

The lead agency, in this case the Secret Service, is the one who makes the call on security details and procedures and then makes sure everyone is on the same page.

JMO.

Jackson stated that Trump sustained a 2 cm wide wound “that extended down the cartilaginous surface of the ear.” No sutures were required for Trump’s wound, Jackson said, but “there is still intermittent bleeding requiring a dressing to be in place.”

That dressing, a white square of gauze, was visible at the top third of Trump’s ear throughout the convention. It also became a symbol for Trump supporters who sported makeshift bandages atop their right ears on the convention floor in solidarity with the former president.

re: makeshift bandages lololol....
Companies like Kevlar or Dodge totally missed that boat, whichever, priceless...lol

This practice is wrong in principle. All it does IMHO is paving the way for the other party to behave the same way next election year towards the new candidate. Ultimately, the person who really lost all from these political games was poor Mr. Comperatore, and then, Mr. Dutch and Mr. Copenhaver. As well as all the witnesses whom I feel for, immensely. And, the poor maligned SS agents. And, the local LEO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back