PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think in this case, there weren't enough to go around. Jill Biden and Kamala Harris each had separate rallies on the same day in Pennsylvania. So, State Police were probably spread thin between the 3 rallies. You have county and some township, but how many do they have to help?

Very well could have been an issue for Trump/Harris rally.

Trump in Butler
Kamala Harris in Pittsburgh
Distance: 51 min (33.1 mi) via State Hwy 8 S

Trump in Butler
Jill Biden in Philly
Distance : 5 hr 6 min (325.8 mi) via I-76 E

Jackson stated that Trump sustained a 2 cm wide wound “that extended down the cartilaginous surface of the ear.” No sutures were required for Trump’s wound, Jackson said, but “there is still intermittent bleeding requiring a dressing to be in place.”

That dressing, a white square of gauze, was visible at the top third of Trump’s ear throughout the convention. It also became a symbol for Trump supporters who sported makeshift bandages atop their right ears on the convention floor in solidarity with the former president.
His gauze looked like was held in place by the magic of tincture of benzoin. That old fashioned OTC sticky stuff is magic.

Very well could have been an issue for Trump/Harris rally.

Trump in Butler
Kamala Harris in Pittsburgh
Distance: 51 min (33.1 mi) via State Hwy 8 S

Trump in Butler
Jill Biden in Philly
Distance : 5 hr 6 min (325.8 mi) via I-76 E
Kamala Harris was in Philly

Jill Biden was in Pittsburgh with crowd of about 300

How would President Donald Trump (PDT)know he had a weak spot on his outer perimeter? I doubt the SS Agent in charge (SSAIC) knew (unless the conspiracy theorist are right, which I doubt) there was a hole in the perimeter. So who would have told PDT in time for him to hire someone?

I also doubt the SSAIC ever mentioned the fact that he requested more agents and was turned down by his superiors, to PDT. That could be considered disloyal to the SS and also make PDT less confident in the SS ability to protect him.

MOO

Would it be better if Trump hired his own security, outside of the secret service ?
However .... one answer to that might be 'no' as any of the other former presidents would be afforded that courtesy.
Omo.

Might seem a mundane question ... but why couldn't he have paid for his own private security, if he wasn't able to get enough due to limited SS and police resources? To bolster the protection. Add to it.

Seems a logical thing to do. Plenty of people have their own private security. imo

Maybe he will do that in the future.

I'm a bit late commenting on this but I don't believe SS would cooperate with private security, the risk would be too great.

I'm a bit late commenting on this but I don't believe SS would cooperate with private security, the risk would be too great.
A 2016 article explaining when Trump also used private security.

Trump private security force 'playing with fire'​

1721528544399.png
Politico
https://www.politico.com › story › 2016/12 › donald-tr...

Dec 19, 2016 — — President-elect Donald Trump has continued employing a private security and intelligence team at his victory rallies, and he is expected to ...
Videos

Kamala Harris was in Philly

Jill Biden was in Pittsburgh with crowd of about 300
Thanks for the correction on rally locations.

How would President Donald Trump (PDT)know he had a weak spot on his outer perimeter? I doubt the SS Agent in charge (SSAIC) knew (unless the conspiracy theorist are right, which I doubt) there was a hole in the perimeter. So who would have told PDT in time for him to hire someone?

I also doubt the SSAIC ever mentioned the fact that he requested more agents and was turned down by his superiors, to PDT. That could be considered disloyal to the SS and also make PDT less confident in the SS ability to protect him.

MOO
Agreed.
Also there's this :

The Secret Service, after initially denying turning down requests for additional security,
is now acknowledging some may have been rejected.

Red emphasis mine.
Well, that's a start ?

This was an interesting statement :

Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the Secret Service...(etc.)

Guglielmi said the agency had learned new information indicating the agency’s headquarters may have in fact denied some requests for additional security ....
“The Secret Service has a vast, challenging, and intricate mission,” he said in a statement.
“Every day we work in a dynamic threat environment to ensure our protectees are safe and secure across multiple events, travel, and other difficult environments. We execute a comprehensive and layered strategy to balance personnel, technology, and specialized operational needs.”

Red emph. mine.

I understand his meaning, but it comes across as unnecessarily verbose.
Couldn't he just say, "It's complicated" ?

The events on July 13th came across as anything but 'comprehensive and layered'; imo.
No one was positioned on that building TC accessed.
Not even around the outside of the bldg.

He scaled it without being prevented or questioned.
Omo.

Last edited:

Trump private security force 'playing with fire'

View attachment 519343
Politico

Dec 19, 2016 — — President-elect Donald Trump has continued employing a private security and intelligence team at his victory rallies, and he is expected to ...
Videos
From your link.

For instance, federal law prohibits anyone other than law enforcement officers from bringing firearms into federal buildings, and there are even stricter rules about who can carry on the White House grounds or around Secret Service protectees.
That seems to make it very difficult for private armed security to be employed by President Trump. JMO.

I get that. But all I am reading is that SS resources were spread thin. So if there is a problem with limited resources, boost them up yourself. Add to them with private resources. Especially being a presidential candidate.

imo
It's a sad day when the U.S. government can't afford to hire an adequate number of SS officers to protect its presidents and our presidents have to hire their own security detail.

Trump private security force 'playing with fire'

View attachment 519343
Politico

Videos

Sounds like Schiller's last (published) duties were overseeing security at the 2020 RNC. Probably not involved any more. imo

... is advising the Republican National Committee on security for the 2020 convention, a contract that nets Trump’s longstanding personal aide $15,000 a month.

Rep. Mike Waltz (Fl/R) has been saying for a week that members of Trump's SS detail told him that they had been requesting more personnel for months. Of course it was denied-- until it wasn't. Here's hoping Monday's hearing will clear up at least some of the confusion surrounding the shooting. What about the van? Was it ever at the rally venue like the sedan and the bike? Were the "explosive materials" armed bombs or just the raw materials? TC was bullied or not, considered "nice" or a "school shooter", and had no internet footprint except for the stuff they are finding now.

I think in this case, there weren't enough to go around. Jill Biden and Kamala Harris each had separate rallies on the same day in Pennsylvania. So, State Police were probably spread thin between the 3 rallies. You have county and some township, but how many do they have to help?
I was also wondering how many sniper teams did they have to work the events that day. Not every LE has those. IIRC someone said it’s possible some SS were pulled from eastern Ohio.

Combined with the RNC convention, they were probably spread pretty thin, but it doesn’t explain everything. I saw in news coverage of the RNC convention, there were LE from FrankLin Co, OH helping out there.

I was also wondering if Congress cut the budget for US SS in recent years?

This was an interesting statement :

Anthony Guglielmi, a spokesman for the Secret Service...(etc.)

Guglielmi said the agency had learned new information indicating the agency’s headquarters may have in fact denied some requests for additional security ....
“The Secret Service has a vast, challenging, and intricate mission,” he said in a statement.
“Every day we work in a dynamic threat environment to ensure our protectees are safe and secure across multiple events, travel, and other difficult environments. We execute a comprehensive and layered strategy to balance personnel, technology, and specialized operational needs.”

Red emph. mine.

I understand his meaning, but it comes across as unnecessarily verbose.
Couldn't he just say, "It's complicated" ?
RSFB

It would appear that Mr. Guglielmi is using AI to write his statements. AI, in turn, is rapidly advancing in "comprehensive and layered" bureaucratic lingo. They just have to add "multi-strategized" to its vocabulary and it will be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member