PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rep. Mike Waltz (Fl/R) has been saying for a week that members of Trump's SS detail told him that they had been requesting more personnel for months. Of course it was denied-- until it wasn't. Here's hoping Monday's hearing will clear up at least some of the confusion surrounding the shooting. What about the van? Was it ever at the rally venue like the sedan and the bike? Were the "explosive materials" armed bombs or just the raw materials? TC was bullied or not, considered "nice" or a "school shooter", and had no internet footprint except for the stuff they are finding now.
I’m not sure a hearing on Monday is going to reveal much. These investigations take a long time. Miles of video to review, hundreds of people to interview.

I hope it’s not a witch hunt. Some of the members seem to have chosen their victims. It’s boring and predictable, so I don’t watch it. I’d rather wait for the reports from investigators.

I'm going on record as saying it's not that TC does not have an internet presence. It's that he has an internet presence they are still trying to track down and don't want to tip their hand in case there are other people to track down from there. OR that he has an internet presence they haven't connected him to yet. Or both, where there is more than one presence, one or some they know, others they do not.

I don't dispute that SS messed up at the Butler, PA rally, resulting in a terrible tragedy. I'm just not willing to accept that SS had been shorting Trump on his SS budget and protection for the last 2 years. Trump is a very outspoken man and it seemed unlikely he would have tolerated such cuts in his security without going public and making a fuss.

Of course, its possible, but this time I'm asking for some evidence. I still prefer to wait until the investigation is complete. JMO The only exception would be if there were some glaring problem right now in SS that threatens the security of all the individuals and families it serves.
I’m not sure it would be very smart for Trump to announce publicly that there is a lack of security at his appearances.
That said, this incident shows that the SS detail at the rally is completely inept and the only person that protected Trump was himself. That’s an absolute failure of responsibility.

Another major issue to be addressed is why the SS allowed President Trump to go out on the stage when they knew there was a possible threat underway. Why wasn't he kept in the holding area for another 15 minutes or so until they figured it all out? There was no rush, there was no expectation that President Trump had to be on the stage at any exact time.

Edited to add: We need to know who made that decision, what did they know, and when did they know it, and was this communicated to President Trump's SS security detail and did they still make the decision to give President Trump the green light to proceed to the podium?

He was in the dark while all this chaos was swirling around him.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
We are closing the thread down for the night. It will reopen in the morning.
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member