PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't recall that from Tricia's interview. I recall him saying the crew on the stage did a lot of things right, some wrong.

Begin @ 25:20 Jim where says that the only thing the agents did do right after he was hit was pile on Trump and after that they did everything wrong.

The height of the female agent left
Trump exposed and vulnerable to be shot and they never should have agreed to getting his shoe and him standing there agents know the danger and ignored the possibility of a second shooter and should have gotten Trump surrounded with his head down and into the vehicle ASAP.
Once Trump was shot and in danger it's the SS's call on how the situation is to be handled and not the presidents.

@25:20 Jim begins his critique.

She keeps stating 'we are 9 days out'. I hope someone asks her exactly how long she expects the investigation involving an assassination attempt on a former president to take?? 9 days seems like a long time to me.
How many witnesses must be interviewed and, in some cases, re-interviewed to address issues raised by other witnesses? Do we know?

How much electronic evidence must be reviewed and correlated with witness testimony?

How extensive is the analysis of department policy and practice in relation to the evidence?

Until we know how extensive the investigation needs to be to find accurate answers, it seems premature to suggest it is taking too long.

I'm impatient, too, but I want to see a thorough investigation and a complete analysis. It seems apparent that this hearing is a political show with no serious attempt to conduct agency oversight.

Agree that the blame belongs squarely on the Secret Sevice. Also some have made the point that by getting up and waving to the crowd, Trump showed them that he was ok and this kept the crowd from panicking. It could have been much worse if panic ensued and people were trampled on those bleachers. IMO.
That was one thing that shocked me, no one knew it was a shooting until he went down, and then they knew...but everyone just stood there slack jawed, no one ran. Not one single person ran, they were that much in shock. Not even the man that died knew. He didn't shield his family, he was dead before he ever knew what happened.
I don't think the event would have turned into a trample, I think the spectators were kind of in shock and thrall and awaiting direction, and would have stood right where they were until someone told them to move - it was bizarre.

I have been at places where violence and shotting broke out and I have never seen a crowd just freeze like that before, like they simply could not comprehend it. But then again, maybe that is a good thing, it means they have not had to witness violence themselves before

How many witnesses must be interviewed and, in some cases, re-interviewed to address issues raised by other witnesses? Do we know?

How much electronic evidence must be reviewed and correlated with witness testimony?

How extensive is the analysis of department policy and practice in relation to the evidence?

Until we know how extensive the investigation needs to be to find accurate answers, it seems premature to suggest it is taking too long.

I'm impatient, too, but I want to see a thorough investigation and a complete analysis. It seems apparent that this hearing is a political show with no serious attempt to conduct agency oversight.

NTSB investigations often take a year or more before the final report is released. They give some information in a preliminary report, but the rest is very detailed and time consuming, as it should be.

JMO, the FBI and SS will quickly develop some interim plan to prevent further violence risk.

Just now watching Kamala Harris preparing to give a speech on the South Lawn of the WH. An outdoor event, they're probably doing that one because the WH is one of the safest, best protected places. I wonder how many future events supervised by SS will be moved indoors

That was one thing that shocked me, no one knew it was a shooting until he went down, and then they knew...but everyone just stood there slack jawed, no one ran. Not one single person ran, they were that much in shock. Not even the man that died knew. He didn't shield his family, he was dead before he ever knew what happened.
I don't think the event would have turned into a trample, I think the spectators were kind of in shock and thrall and awaiting direction, and would have stood right where they were until someone told them to move - it was bizarre.

I have been at places where violence and shotting broke out and I have never seen a crowd just freezmoste like that before, like they simply could not comprehend it. But then again, maybe that is a good thing, it means they have not had to witness violence themselves before
I don't think many in the audience knew that Presidient Trump had been shot. My husband and I were watching the rally on television, and when President Trump went to the ground and then the SS ran out and piled onto him, I really didn't know what had happened, even when they got up and were trying to get him off the stage. I thought that the SS had made a mistake and that it was a false alarm and that President Trump was wanting to stay at the podium. We're talking about a few seconds here. At most a minute or so? On the other hand, my husband had seen the blood on President Trump's face, and knew he had been shot and heard the voices say that the sniper had been taken out. So by the time a lot of people might have figured out what happened, the sniper was dead.

Just my opinion based on my experience of watching this in real time that night and trying to process the events second by second as it happened.

When did you know about a credible Iran threat?

Why wasn't someone on that roof? Basic question and she needs to answer. imo
She said she knew about the Iran threat against President Trump, she was briefed on that, both the generalized threat from Iran and the specific threat around the time of the rally. She said there was an adequate security plan. But in spite of the specific and credible threat from Iran, putting the former President and the rally attendees at risk, a 20 year old with a rifle was able to shoot at President Trump from the roof of a building only 140 yards from the President speaking and with a clear line of sight to the President. This was Congressman Turner.

I have been at places where violence and shotting broke out and I have never seen a crowd just freeze like that before, like they simply could not comprehend it. But then again, maybe that is a good thing, it means they have not had to witness violence themselves before

His family has said that he knew. His reported last words per his widow were "Get down!" and his last actions were shielding his family:
In an interview with the New York Post on Monday, Helen Comperatore, the widow of Corey Comperatore, shared her husband’s last words, spoken as he shielded his family from bullets that ultimately took his life.

“He’s my hero,” Helen Comperatore said. “He just said, ‘Get down!’ That was the last thing he said.”

What would be good to know is whether he was shot before or after Trump, like if he said to get down because he saw what happened to Trump or if he said to get down because he recognized the sound of gunshots.

I think a thorough investigation can still take place AND she can answer basic questions about HOW this happened. It does not take witness interviews to explain why that building was not in the perimeter and why a sniper wasn't on that roof. Someone just raised a great point in this hearing that 60 days is too long with this being an election year and the country needs to know that this isn't going to happen again. Of course do the full and complete analysis, but there is no analysis needed to state facts about who decided the perimeter for that event, who decided how many SS were needed, why was SS not part of the morning briefing about the event, why was the perimeter not larger to include those buildings when they were close enough to the protected person and with a direct line of sight to them, and why was Trump allowed to take the stage.

It doesn't matter exactly who was doing what when on the ground and when the gun was put there and where was the ladder, and who's bike, etc etc.. they don't need to comb video evidence and interview everyone at the rally before stating these basic facts. Those facts are what lead to a man being able to have a gun that close to the protected target. When he obtained the gun, what he did that morning, who saw him when, etc doesn't really matter because NONE of that would have had any impact on Trump if the shooter wasn't allowed to be on that roof. If that rooftop was within the protected permitted then he would have no opportunity to get to that vantage point when a weapon of any kind.

Some comments I've seen is because it was in July and just a couple weeks after the 4th of July, that perhaps some thought it was fireworks. The sound did seem muffled on the videos we've seen. That could be because the shooter was further from the area/cameras, but if the crowd heard that sound as muffled also, maybe they did not realize it was in fact a shooting.

I also think people in that setting assume they are safe. They had to go through security and metal detectors, they know it's a presidential candidate, I'm sure they see SS in the crowd and lots of LE walking around in uniform so I think for that reason, it was easier to assume it was fireworks also or sounds outside the event. If someone was in the crowd with say a handgun and they pulled it out, those around that shooter would be screaming and yelling gun or shooter, etc. I think that causes a panic from within the crowd because people are trying to run away from the person they see with a gun. Then when a few start running, others join even if they don't know why they are running. That leads to chaos. I'd say most assumed in the crowd that the threat was to Trump and not them specifically.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back