PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She doesn't seem to realize she makes the Secret Service look worse. The Secret Service shouldn't be outmaneuvered by some rando. This just seems like such an invitation for school shooter types to instead be political shooters if they think they can do as well or better than TMC.

Yeah, it couldn't look worse. A 20-year old on a bicycle, climbing up on a rooftop in plain view.

I am familiar with internal investigations, and I respectfully disagree that she should be forthcoming on these details at this point. She's under oath before a congressional committee. If she gets anything wrong or allows herself to open lines of inquiry into questions that have not been completely investigated, she gives the politicos another stick to beat her with. If there is any disciplinary action to be taken against SS staff, the employees involved have a right to due process. If anything she says suggests she has reached conclusions prematurely, she screws up the discipline process. She has these and other reasons to be circumspect in these hearings.

All the committee members know this, and they also know most of the public has no clue. They are using her as a political punching bag, to show the public they share our fears and concerns and impatience. They are playing us, in the most cynical way, by suggesting that it's a realistic expectation that the answers we seek should be available today, when they know that is not a realistic expectation.

All MOO, and with great respect for the very real concerns we all have about the safety and security of our public officials.
All of these real security concerns etc. like you mention still cannot interfere with her answering truthfully when she is under oath. In this situation, at the hearing under oath, her first concern should be truthfully answering the questions asked of her. She can explain that she has to keep certain info private for security concerns, she can explain that she doesn't have the answers to certain questions and then tell them why not, but in all this, she still cannot LIE. It's illegal for her to lie here.

She takes accountability by making sure a thorough investigation is conducted before any actions are taken, including her own decision to resign. She takes accountability by assuring the actions takes will have integrity to the facts, whether they are politically satisfying or not.

Moreover, it is entirely possible that the report will highlight the failure of Congress adequately to fund the agency, and that the resulting resource constraints played a big role in this particular failure. Cheatie is not inclined to give them the easy political out: "She's the problem. We forced her resignation. Another problem solved quickly and cheaply by your heroic congressman." I say, good for her.

IMO, she's getting the bum's rush from a cynical congress. I am disappointed but not surprised that members of the public are playing into it.

MOO.
My view that she should resign has zero to do with anyone in congress or what they have asked her or said. I am not playing into anything. The largest security failure in 30 something years happened on her watch and just saying I take responsibility isn't enough. She gave an interview to the news and shared more info than she's sharing in this hearing. Why speak to the news if you are worried about integrity and facts?

I just googled the SS funding and their budget is over 3 billion dollars. I see no reports indicating that they are underfunded. Understaffed, yes. Underfunded, I can't find anything suggesting that. I see that congress approved a huge increase to now over 3 billion yearly.

She takes accountability by making sure a thorough investigation is conducted before any actions are taken, including her own decision to resign. She takes accountability by assuring the actions takes will have integrity to the facts, whether they are politically satisfying or not.

Moreover, it is entirely possible that the report will highlight the failure of Congress adequately to fund the agency, and that the resulting resource constraints played a big role in this particular failure. Cheatie is not inclined to give them the easy political out: "She's the problem. We forced her resignation. Another problem solved quickly and cheaply by your heroic congressman." I say, good for her.

IMO, she's getting the bum's rush from a cynical congress. I am disappointed but not surprised that members of the public are playing into it.

MOO.
Rbm.
This reply is directed solely at the director of the secret service.
I appreciate your viewpoint.

Re. the red bolded : At this time it looks like she is not stepping down ?
Would also add that imo, congress is being fair and impartial.

There are questions that need answering, beyond Ms. Cheatle already taking responsibility.

Ms. Cheatle took responsibility on the 16th of July interview with ABC News Chief Justice Correspondent Pierre Thomas :

"The buck stops with me," Kimberly Cheatle said in an ABC News interview.

Red emphasis mine.

This interview was conducted on July 16th.

Wondering what her stance is now ?
Because, Ms. Cheatle --when you're in charge, the responsibility lies with ... you.
It's all well and good when nothing untoward happens.

She needs to speak up, answer questions, and not evade nor give deflecting replies.
Imo.

The Secret Service director, Kimberly A. Cheatle, angered members of Congress on Monday by repeatedly refusing to answer specific questions about security failures that led to the attempted assassination of former President Donald J. Trump,
prompting members of both parties to demand her resignation.
But she
cited the continuing investigation when declining to answer queries about the would-be assassin’s access to the warehouse roof from which he fired, how he had managed to bring a firearm to the event, why Mr. Trump was allowed to come onstage despite warnings about a suspicious person and many other details.

RBM.

It's tragic that we are here discussing this -- as imo it never should have happened.
The bulk of the blame lies on the directors and heads of security whose job it was to make the event secure for everyone.
True, it should never have happened and tragic that we have to be here discussing this, but think of how much more tragic it would be if we were discussing these things say, after Trump's funeral if he had actually been shot and killed. I still can't get over how close it was to that actually happening. He was literally shot in the head. Not many survive that. Pure luck that it only grazed his ear. As I've said before, he is so lucky to be alive.

True, it should never have happened and tragic that we have to be here discussing this, but think of how much more tragic it would be if we were discussing these things say, after Trump's funeral if he had actually been shot and killed. I still can't get over how close it was to that actually happening. He was literally shot in the head. Not many survive that. Pure luck that it only grazed his ear. As I've said before, he is so lucky to be alive.
I think an important note to add to this is the SS role in this and their failure is no less of a failure because he didn't die. Their lack of securing the venue is what lead to him being shot. No actions they took prevented him from being killed, that was luck. So I think we must treat this failure as if Trump did die because if not for a slightly off center shot, he would be dead. The SS may have got him out of there, but they prevented nothing and it was purely a matter of less than 1 inch that saved the SS from having an assassination on their hands.

Some more msm news videos of the witnesses apprehensions regarding why TC was there on that roof ?

"We were there maybe 10 minutes waiting for Mr. Trump to come on. And then after he came on and started to speak, after he started, my wife nudged me and said, hey, what's going on behind us ? That's when we noticed some commotion," said Difrischia.

Difrischia said he noticed Crooks climbing the roof of the building--which was just over the length of a football field from where Trump stood--then noticed he had a gun.

He said they tried alerting police then took cover.
Notice how the building TC ascended is just one story with a very shallow sloped roof ?
Easy to climb on.

Signs of trouble were evident in the minutes before shots rang out at Donald Trump’s rally in Pennsylvania: Police had a report of a suspicious man pacing near the magnetometers and were apparently exchanging photos of the suspect.

At about 0:13 seconds you can see TC appear to climb or hoist himself onto the lower edge of that roof.
At 0:46 second it looks like he hunches upwards and then pushes the rifle forward ?
There was ample time to stop him and prevent the murder and injuries !

I realize it's speaking 'after the fact' ... but for starters I'd have made sure no one could get on any of those roofs.
Too sloped or not.
Too hot or not.
Or even if not a 'sterile roof', whatever that's supposed to mean.

Disgraceful.
Omo.
This video really shows how close the shooter was to where Trump was speaking. Because you can see plenty of people milling around in the SAME place as the shooter (except they were on ground, while shooter was on roof.) All these people were there to watch and listen to Trump; they were part of the audience that day. They thought that the place they were in was a perfectly fine spot to watch the rally from. They thought they were close enough to see and hear it all. And they're right below the shooter!

So the shooter wasn't in some far off spot situated away from the crowd and what they were watching (Trump). He was closer than I thought. And listen to the audio too. Trump's voice is coming thru on the speakers loud and clear. Doesn't sound far away at all. I hadn't realized how close that roof was, just from seeing the aerial pics and reading he was 140 yards away.

The $64,000 question is will Biden fire Cheatle?

KC is very close to Jill Biden and she was on Jill's detail and well liked by her and recommend for
the position by Jill's close aide, Anthony Bernal.

"Cheatle served on Dr. Biden’s second lady detail and Anthony pushed for her,” a Democratic insider told The Post. “Anthony has no national security or law enforcement experience. He should have no influence over the selection of the USSS director.”

“I heard at the time she was being considered for director that Anthony had pushed her forward as an option,” another well-placed source told The Post.'

Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle landed job after push ...
1721672508865.png
New York Post
https://nypost.com › 2024/07/15 › us-news › secret-ser...

7 days ago — Embattled Secret Service director Kimberly Cheatle, who is facing congressional outcry and calls to resign over security lapses leading to ...

No wonder there are so many conspiracy theories out there. IMO this hearing and her responses will only make it worse.
Agreed.

Deflecting or saying you cannot answer due to the ongoing investigation makes it sound like Ms. Cheatle has something to conceal.
She is the head of the secret service and needs to be more forthcoming.

At this time she should know quite a lot about how this crime happened ... and who exactly was in charge of making sure the rally area was secure !
The latter would have been her responsibility; imo.
Omo.

I wonder if the local LE have to get permission from the SS before they can approach someone acting suspiciously at the rally?

That question ought to be asked in this hearing.
Not that I know of.

Sara Jane Moore was standing in the crowd 40 feet away from Ford when she fired two shots with her .38 Special revolver. The first shot missed Ford's head by five inches and passed through the wall above the doorway Ford had just walked out of. A bystander named Oliver Sipple heard the sound of the first shot and dove at Moore, grabbing her shooting arm before she pulled the trigger a second time. The second shot struck John Ludwig, a 42-year-old taxi driver standing inside the hotel, in the groin.[4] Ludwig survived.

San Francisco Police Capt. Timothy Hettrich grabbed Moore and wrestled the gun from her hand Many other officers immediately joined in subduing Moore. In the meantime, the president's Secret Service team pushed Ford into his waiting limousine where the Secret Service and Donald Rumsfeld lay on top of him. The limousine raced to San Francisco International Airport (SFO) where Ford boarded Air Force One and, after being joined by the First Lady, flew back to Washington, D.C.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back