PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be no such worry.

The president has a very long track record for putting his country and democracy (small d, not the party but the concept) first.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the president would fail to fire anyone who needed to be fired for the good of the country.

That said, I disagree with some comments on this thread that seem to want to take action before all the information is in. It's a process. Fact finding first.

Otherwise, we run the risk of taking an impulsive action, and thinking a problem is solved prematurely.

The investigation is not over. We don't know who should resign or be fired yet. And, if she should, I do hope she stays on long enough to give us clarity into what she did wrong or failed to do right for the benefit of the next incumbent.

MOO
She can still be subbpoenaed by Congress if she is fired or resigns. That doesn't stop Congress from calling her to account before Congress/the American people regarding the serious and complete failure of the SS under her leadership, or lack thereof.

I can't believe this woman tried to float that sloped roof excuse. Because it was a blatant lie, it further arouses suspicions. Did she lie to cover up for whomever gave the orders not to cover the roofs? Somebody deliberately made that call so who was it?

<Snipped for focus>

Exactly, and that would preclude the current incumbent who has failed to accomplish this during her tenure.
There’s long been talk of putting SS back as part of the US Treasury. They had fewer problems there and seemed to have more strict standards.

They may also be having problems with a large wave of retirements and difficulty replacing the retirees.

Last edited:
2 hours and 59 minutes ago

Sen. Hawley: Whistleblower claims law enforcement abandoned post on roof due to heat​

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said Monday that a whistleblower had come forward to his office claiming there was supposed to be a security officer posted on the roof of the building where the gunman fired from, but that that person abandoned the post due to the heat.

And this was more important to her than trying to find out what went wrong with her agency with the assassination attempt on the life of President Trump? This is beyond the pale.

Just my opinion combined with some research I did today to get a better understanding of what happened including the perimeter. The only experience I have with guns is with the 22 caliber, bolt action, single shot rifles we were allowed to use on my grandfather's farm as a child so that is what I looked up. My father warned us that a fired 22 bullet could kill/injure someone a mile or more away if we missed our target. I found out today that one mile equals 1,760 yards. The rifle shot is only accurate up to 150 yards. After that the bullet starts to drop. The roof the shooter shot from is 140 yards from Trump. Again, this is only my opinion. I wanted to get a better idea of why SS did nothing to stop TC. What I found only makes it seem worse than I thought.

2 hours and 59 minutes ago

Sen. Hawley: Whistleblower claims law enforcement abandoned post on roof due to heat​

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., said Monday that a whistleblower had come forward to his office claiming there was supposed to be a security officer posted on the roof of the building where the gunman fired from, but that that person abandoned the post due to the heat.

And so someone decided that was no biggy and never stopped Trump from taking the stage while, at the same time Crooks had been spotted using a rangefinder and scoping out the property, was tagged as "suspicious", had a photo taken of him by SS and was seen crawling on that same roof. Oh, and in what universe is someone using a rangefinder at such an even not considered a threat (per Cheatle)? I've been to rock concerts with better security.

She stated she was a speaker. I don't see her listed as a speaker nor in the agenda.
I can't imagine her showing up as a speaker at a conference like this after the SS failure to protect a former president and current presidential candidate from a would-be assassin's bullet. I would think the audience and conference organizers would be pretty uncomfortable. What would she speak on? Even if she attended not as a speaker and just as a conference attendee, the conference organizers and other conference attendees would wonder what on earth she was doing there at a time like this when she should be back in Washington dealing with the events that transpired.

OK closing this thread for the night. It will re-open in the morning.
Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members