PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
51m ago

Two local law enforcement officers went to look for the shooter who targeted Donald Trump at his Pennsylvania rally before the assassination attempt, raising questions about whether a key post was left unattended.

The AP reports:

Two local law enforcement officers stationed in the complex of buildings where a gunman opened fire at former President Donald Trump left to go search for the man before the shooting, the head of Pennsylvania State Police said Tuesday, raising questions about whether a key post was left unattended as the shooter climbed onto a roof.

Pennsylvania State Police Col. Christopher Paris told a congressional committee that two Butler County Emergency Services Unit officers were stationed at a second-floor window in the complex of buildings that form AGR International Inc. They spotted Thomas Matthew Crooks acting suspiciously on the ground and left their post to go look for him along with other law enforcement officers, he said.
Paris said he didn’t know whether officers would have been able to see Crooks climbing onto the roof of an adjacent building had they remained at the window. A video taken by a lawmaker who visited the shooting site on Monday shows a second-story window of the building had a clear view of the roof where Crooks opened fire; it was unclear if the video showed the window where the officers had been stationed.

The Pennsylvania State Police commissioner’s testimony before the House Homeland Security Committee provides new insight into security preparations for the Trump rally in Butler, Pennsylvania on July 13, but raises further questions about law enforcement’s decisions before Crooks opened fire.

Trump shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks' father speaks for first time since son, 20, was shot dead after trying to kill former president

'We just want to try to take care of ourselves right now. Please, just give us our space,' Crooks told Fox News Digital.

The father declined to comment further, but said the family will eventually release a statement when 'our legal counsel advises us to do so.'

Interesting…

In his testimony, Paris said that in his briefings he was told that in addition to Crooks, three other people had been identified as suspicious.

Many employees incorrectly believe that they will lose their federal retirement benefits if the agency fires them.

However, the truth is that federal employees whose retirement benefits have vested are all but guaranteed to receive those benefits, subject to a few exceptions.

Employees unaware of this may be tempted or pressured to resign if they know they are about to be fired.

Seems she had retired before so she (i.e., her benefits) was probably already double protected.
When I got the call asking if I would return to the Secret Service after my brief retirement, I did not hesitate.
^^rsbm

51m ago

Two local law enforcement officers went to look for the shooter who targeted Donald Trump at his Pennsylvania rally before the assassination attempt, raising questions about whether a key post was left unattended.

The AP reports:

Two local law enforcement officers stationed in the complex of buildings where a gunman opened fire at former President Donald Trump left to go search for the man before the shooting, the head of Pennsylvania State Police said Tuesday, raising questions about whether a key post was left unattended as the shooter climbed onto a roof.

Pennsylvania State Police Col. Christopher Paris told a congressional committee that two Butler County Emergency Services Unit officers were stationed at a second-floor window in the complex of buildings that form AGR International Inc. They spotted Thomas Matthew Crooks acting suspiciously on the ground and left their post to go look for him along with other law enforcement officers, he said.
Paris said he didn’t know whether officers would have been able to see Crooks climbing onto the roof of an adjacent building had they remained at the window. A video taken by a lawmaker who visited the shooting site on Monday shows a second-story window of the building had a clear view of the roof where Crooks opened fire; it was unclear if the video showed the window where the officers had been stationed.

The Pennsylvania State Police commissioner’s testimony before the House Homeland Security Committee provides new insight into security preparations for the Trump rally in Butler, Pennsylvania on July 13, but raises further questions about law enforcement’s decisions before Crooks opened fire.

It just keeps getting worse.

MOO

51m ago

The AP reports:

I couldn't pay close attention today so I'm looking for clarification... was it one of these two officers that was hoisted up to the roof top and Crooks pointed his weapon at him? I think this was asked specifically by someone on the Oversight Committee but I didn't catch the answer nor the full question.
TIA!

21m ago

Secret Service advises Trump not to hold large outdoor rallies – report

The Washington Post is reporting that the Secret Service has “encouraged” Trump to stop holding large outdoor rallies or other large events outdoors.

Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, the Washington Post said: “For upcoming events, Trump’s team is scouting indoor venues, such as basketball arenas and other large spaces where thousands of people can fit, people familiar with the request said. The campaign is not currently planning any large outdoor events, a person close to Trump said.”

Like him or not, it takes some REAL courage to get back up on a rally stage indoors or out, after coming this * close to having your head blown off. Particularly, after this security plan was such a disastrous failure with an innocent man dying, two others very seriously injured, and so many others traumatized.

How many other candidates would do this... I guess Reagan... and who else ?

jmo

Shocking new footage shows local cops and a Secret Service agent standing over the dead body of would-be Donald Trump assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks as they appeared to confirm the 20-year sniper was identified as a suspicious person before he opened fire.

The bodycam video, released by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, shows Crooks’ lifeless body as a pool of blood trails along the roof where he wounded Trump and killed a hero firefighter earlier this month.

Attachments

• IMG_2658.jpeg
    IMG_2658.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2659.png
    IMG_2659.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2660.png
    IMG_2660.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I look forward to seeing the people who designed and approved the plan being held accountable, along with the individuals who abandoned their assigned posts at the event and the ones who ignored the bystanders trying to point out the shooter on the roof.
And anyone who aided, encouraged, or knew and remained silent about the shooter should face accountability.

Shocking new footage shows local cops and a Secret Service agent standing over the dead body of would-be Donald Trump assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks as they appeared to confirm the 20-year sniper was identified as a suspicious person before he opened fire.

The bodycam video, released by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, shows Crooks’ lifeless body as a pool of blood trails along the roof where he wounded Trump and killed a hero firefighter earlier this month.

I best not say what I think about "the suit".

jmo

Last edited:
I suspect this, too. She ends up being the only person forced to resign, even though she wasn't at the location. Will Congress let the rest of the investigation continue w/o holding anyone else accountable?
I heard an interview with Ralph Basham, SS Director under GW Bush. Among other things, he said he found Cheatle's testimony "responsible" and that he was "shocked that Congress went ahead with a hearing" at this way premature date.

This hearing was not about holding anyone accountable. It was about satisfying the atavistic need among members of the public to see someone - anyone - severely punished when bad things happen. Former directors lived in more rational times, when learning from mistakes was the priority.

As a society, we have regressed since then. We are headed for a more primitive existence, I'm afraid.

A link to a source saying she had information that could have given them but refused. I don't recall that.

Any member of Congress knows that in a public hearing, heads of agencies are not required to provide sensitive information.

If the committee wanted security sensitive or investigation information from her, they could have called a closed door hearing for a briefing. That's standard practice. Instead, they grilled her for answers they knew she couldn't provide in public.

I have zero respect for those committee members who played that game.

When Michigan Republican Rep. Lisa McClain pressed Cheatle on how many shell casings were found on the roof from which the would-be assassin opened fire, Cheatle refused to answer.

The director said she had met with top FBI officials who informed her of the exact number.

Cheatle revealed that the FBI did tell with her the number of shell casings that were found on the roof of the building from where the gunman fired, but declined to reveal the information. She said she would tell lawmakers the information that the Secret Service has, not the bureau.

Just curious, have any other heads of SS resigned after assassinations or attempted assassinations?

I don't believe so. After JFK's assassination, neither the director nor any of the agents were fired or asked to resign.

H. Stuart Knight - Dir. of SS ... resigned after assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan 1981

When Michigan Republican Rep. Lisa McClain pressed Cheatle on how many shell casings were found on the roof from which the would-be assassin opened fire, Cheatle refused to answer.

The director said she had met with top FBI officials who informed her of the exact number.

Cheatle revealed that the FBI did tell with her the number of shell casings that were found on the roof of the building from where the gunman fired, but declined to reveal the information. She said she would tell lawmakers the information that the Secret Service has, not the bureau.

If anyone wants to know how to defect and evade answering a question while admitting you know the answer to that question just watch Cheatle. What a professional.

jmo

exclusive:%20Trump%20shooter's%20father%20returns%20to%20public%20life,%20says%20%E2%80%98we%20just%20want%20to%20try%20to%20take%20care%20of%20ourselves%E2%80%99https://www.foxnews.com/us/exclusive-trump-shooters-father-returns-public-life-says-we-just-want-try-take-care-ourselves

I would just like 2 ask something if I can In the video they asked if the feds release the body I was wondering about this if anyone knows is that something the feds do is keep the body until they release it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back