PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Let's see how the new director holds up with THREE hearing Tuesday.

WASHINGTON, July 24 (Reuters) - The acting director of the U.S. Secret Service will testify before three Senate committees on Tuesday in the aftermath of the attempted assassination of former President Donald Trump, the committees announced on Wednesday.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation will also testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee, which is holding a hearing in partnership with the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

FBI director questions whether Trump was hit by bullet or shrapnel in shooting

Christopher Wray, the FBI director, has raised questions about whether Donald Trump was actually shot by a bullet during the assassination attempt against the former president earlier this month or whether he was instead struck by shrapnel.

During a hearing on Wednesday in Washington, before the House judiciary committee, Wray told lawmakers that it was not clear what precisely caused the injury to Trump’s ear.

[…]

“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” Wray testified. “As I sit here right now, I don’t know whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else.”

[…]

Just my opinion, looking at the first pictures of Trump's bloody ear, it looked to me like he had either something round stuck in the upper edge of his ear or a hole in his ear. When objects break, they usually aren't perfectly round. I don't see a ragged piece of glass or shrapnel making a perfectly round hole.

Also, I don't remember seeing any reports of anything being broken by bullets that the shrapnel or glass could have come from.

Add this to the picture of the bullet whizzing by Trump's head at the level of his ear for further proof.

Just my opinion, looking at the first pictures of Trump's bloody ear, it looked to me like he had either something round stuck in the upper edge of his ear or a hole in his ear. When objects break, they usually aren't perfectly round. I don't see a ragged piece of glass or shrapnel making a perfectly round hole.

Also, I don't remember seeing any reports of anything being broken by bullets that the shrapnel or glass could have come from.

Add this to the picture of the bullet whizzing by Trump's head at the level of his ear for further proof.
It my non-professional opinion, based on press reports about the babies from Sandy Hook, who thankfully did not suffer, it does not seem possible that there was a hole through Trumps ear and that he is still alive. He doesn't have sticking out ears. And his former WH doctor said no cartilage was damaged. So the injury is obviously skin.

The ME at Sandy Hook said that the ammo used with an assault rifle is especially pernicious and designed to cause internal damage once it penetrates. It doesn't neatly go through people.

OTOH, it seems like broken glass or something similar would manage to injure more people superficially, or injure Trump in more than one place. It just doesn't seem to me like only one shard of something would be launched and hit one human in one place. I suppose it is possible that that it was some shard of something, but I think there would be more bits of that something about, and more injuries from it. I think it was a bullet that zipped by Trumps ear so closely that it broke his skin. Yet, it luckily did not even break cartilage or cut him enough to need stitches.

I know somebody who was shot at from a long distance while riding his bike. He could feel the bullet go by, but he wasn't hit. I don't recall the type of gun though. I have to ask him. The police felt it was a random gang initiation attempted murder. (We watch you kill; we know you won't snitch.) He told me he felt like it almost gave him a burn like injury. Yet He was not visibly injured.

It makes me think, maybe the bullet was even closer to Trump and injured his skin just barely touching, or maybe even almost touching.

I imagine the FBI is very interested in counting bullets, shells, and finding landing points. I have a feeling Wray has investigators trying to account for every round, and they are probably intellectually frustrated that Trumps injury does not definitively tell them that it was a bullet. But of course, if it were obvious, it would mean the injury would be worse, so in that way, the mystery is a very good mystery.

MOO

He is sorta trying to cloud the issue. Like the bullet side swiped something on the way in and a piece flew off and struck
Trump. Or he allows,clipped Trump and stopped somewhere else. In the dead man probably. Just difficult for them to admit it was a very near kill shot, allowed by their lax security forces.

I imagine the FBI is very interested in counting bullets, shells, and finding landing points. I have a feeling Wray has investigators trying to account for every round, and they are probably intellectually frustrated that Trumps injury does not definitively tell them that it was a bullet.

Yes, it is probably more about potential trajectory and landing points.

They are examining fragments.

The F.B.I. is examining numerous metal fragments found near the stage at a campaign rally in Butler, Pa., to determine whether an assassin’s bullet — or potential debris — grazed former President Donald J. Trump’s head ...

The bureau has asked to interview Mr. Trump as part of its broader investigation, hoping to provide insights into the shooting and possibly a more complete record of his injury ...

It is not unusual for the type of bullet that Mr. Crooks fired from his AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle to tumble end over end and break apart after hitting even a small solid object. Gun experts say a fragment might, for instance, have hit a metal stanchion.

Gun experts said the F.B.I. could rely on trajectory analysis, a physical examination of any linked bullet and the president’s wound to possibly figure out what happened.

(If you can't read the article, signing up for a free account will allow you to read it)

I wonder what difference it makes to most people whether "it" was shrapnel or a bullet that hit Trump's ear??

Do most people think the gunman was firing aimlessly?! Was he just firing some nerf balls?! If so, you might want to have a conversation with the Comperatore family and the two men seriously injured. jmo

You are right, it doesn’t matter. It was bullets flying from the shooters gun, that was shot at a Presidential candidate with the intent of killing him. The motive was clear; it was assassination.

I don't see a round hole, outside the bandage. But, if I know one thing, it's that he would have paraded his injury around the block like a badge of honor for all to see had it been more graphic.

Just a reminder, more than 10 days out there is STILL no official report or medical reports.

wooefw_1721521666.jpg

I think the FBI are just trying their hardest to provide a full investigation and full account of what happened. Because that is what everyone wants.

This latest news is just another part of their investigation into the attempted assassination. It doesn't mean it wasn't an attempted assassination, or the murder and serious injury of others. imo

And don't forget the photo of the bullet whizzing by. If that bullet didn't graze him, then I'd be surprised that it came that close AND shrapnel then actually hit him. I feel like the bullet photo is good evidence that what grazed him was in fact that bullet. It doesn't matter to me either way though. We know the shooter shot several rounds at Trump and the trajectory can be determined based on where those who were shot were located. We have a photo of a bullet whizzing by his head. We know who the shooter was aiming for and what his goal was.
Maybe it was a bullet. Maybe it was shrapnel. Either way, he was very nearly assassinated that day, and others were shot. Were others struck by shrapnel? Anyone standing near Trump?

If it was shrapnel, Wray will be able to tell us what exploded to cause the shrapnel. There will be evidence.

One way or the other, Trump missed a bullet that day, and the SS is no longer the elite protective force we once thought it was. Disheartening, to say the least.

I hope this event serves as a lesson to future SS agents to take their jobs seriously and not cut corners.

JMOO

FBI director questions whether Trump was hit by bullet or shrapnel in shooting

Christopher Wray, the FBI director, has raised questions about whether Donald Trump was actually shot by a bullet during the assassination attempt against the former president earlier this month or whether he was instead struck by shrapnel.

During a hearing on Wednesday in Washington, before the House judiciary committee, Wray told lawmakers that it was not clear what precisely caused the injury to Trump’s ear.

[…]

“There’s some question about whether or not it’s a bullet or shrapnel that hit his ear,” Wray testified. “As I sit here right now, I don’t know whether that bullet, in addition to causing the grazing, could have also landed somewhere else.”

[…]

I don't see a round hole, outside the bandage. But, if I know one thing, it's that he would have paraded his injury around the block like a badge of honor for all to see had it been more graphic.

Just a reminder, more than 10 days out there is STILL no official report or medical reports.

View attachment 520562
Agreed. Regardless of whether or not you support Trump, I think we can all agree that he almost intuitively knows what would fire up his political base even more. Case in point, his defiant, bloodied-face fist-raising moment after the attempt and his 90+ minute RNC speech!

Agreed. Regardless of whether or not you support Trump, I think we can all agree that he almost intuitively knows what would fire up his political base even more. Case in point, his defiant, bloodied-face fist-raising moment after the attempt and his 90+ minute RNC speech!
I think we can all agree not everyone agrees with your opinion.
JMO

Maybe it was a bullet. Maybe it was shrapnel. Either way, he was very nearly assassinated that day, and others were shot. Were others struck by shrapnel? Anyone standing near Trump?
If I'm not mistaken, Comperatore was between the shooter & Trump. It could have been part of his skull that hit his ear. Here's a map from early reporting:
rallymap-240716-update-bug-1-1.jpg

Source

View attachment 520562
You can look at bullet graze wounds in the images of any search engine. What you think a medical report will provide? It's a minor injury. You clean it, patch it up and that's that.

Christopher Wrey, like some others, is seeking to minimize the seriousness of what happened: an attempted assassination. Trump was supposed to be dead now.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back