PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is amazing! I hope the rally is packed with American people from both sides of the aisle in a show of support that violence against our political process won't be tolerated. I wish I lived close enough to attend.

I bet ALL roofs in vicinity
WILL be covered by Special Service and others ;)
Fingers crossed!!!

I feel like he should have been more transparent about his injury early on.

Donald Trump Former Prez All Ears, No Bandage ... Seemingly No Injury

View attachment 520831

As far as his transparency and " early on"......The shot was caught live on video! There isn't a more earlier view! There was an immediate reaction, hand to his right ear then a bloody face, hand and ear showed as he was pushed down then brought back up by SS personnel. You cannot get more early on transparency than that. IMO

I feel like he should have been more transparent about his injury early on.

Donald Trump Former Prez All Ears, No Bandage ... Seemingly No Injury
I thought his media team was fairly transparent from the start. The bullet only grazed his ear. Enough to make blood trickle down, but no more. I don't recall anyone saying it was worse than just a graze.

But, knowing Trump, he probably had makeup put on his ear if it still had redness or looked bad. I think he's pretty passionate about looking good.

He was just very lucky on that unlucky day. The shooter could have used a bolt-action rifle instead of an AR15--and Trump might not have been as lucky.

As far as his transparency and " early on"......The shot was caught live on video! There isn't a more earlier view! There was an immediate reaction, hand to his right ear then a bloody face, hand and ear showed as he was pushed down then brought back up by SS personnel. You cannot get more early on transparency than that. IMO
Transparent about his injury. There was never any report or official update, aside from the words of a close personal friend of his.

I'm not saying he wasn't injured, by any means. I'm just pointing out that his unwillingness to be transparent has led to speculation.

Transparent about his injury. There was never any report or official update, aside from the words of a close personal friend of his.

I'm not saying he wasn't injured, by any means. I'm just pointing out that his unwillingness to be transparent has led to speculation.
He was shot while being filmed at a rally. He gave a whole speech about being shot at the convention. How much more transparent could it be?

I thought his media team was fairly transparent from the start. The bullet only grazed his ear. Enough to make blood trickle down, but no more. I don't recall anyone saying it was worse than just a graze.

Two days after the incident Trump maintained the bullet "ripped through" his ear.
"I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin," Trump said. "Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening.”
Trump Says He Was Shot, With Bullet Hitting Upper Right Ear

He also later stated the bullet "pierced" his ear.
Former President Trump said in a post on his Truth Social platform on Saturday that he was “shot with a bullet,” which “pierced” his right ear, and recounted a “whizzing sound” and “shots” at his Pennsylvania rally.

“I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear,” Trump wrote.
Trump says bullet pierced his ear, recounts ‘whizzing sound, shots’

He was shot while being filmed at a rally. He gave a whole speech about being shot at the convention. How much more transparent could it be?

What I said was, there was never any report or official update, aside from the words of a close personal friend of his.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the fact the shooting was filmed. Nor that he gave a speech about it. People speak about many things, speeches aren't empirical evidence, nor are they medical reports.

The shooter could have been using a bolt action .22LR rimfire rifle and a hit to the head would have caused substantial damage.

The problem in this case is not the type of weapon the shooter used, it's the fact that he was allowed to get really close to and fire shots at President Trump. JMO.
Or- it could have been neither.

I don't envy LE or SS when those guns with that kind of ammo are perfectly legal anywhere.

I've heard the argument that you want the good guys to have guns. But frankly, Crooks WAS a good guy up until he squeezed the trigger.

It's my opinion that it certainly does matter what guns and ammo are legal and available. Even with our seamless state borders, state laws impact gun deaths. Internationally, USA has embarrassing gun statistics.

No one needs an AR15 or such a large caliber bolt action rifle. And if they want it for sports, they could be kept at shooting ranges much more safely.

MOO

Unwillingness to be transparent?

Speculation by who?
Mainstream media?
Ppl on social media?

Of all that happened and it’s down to transparency on his shot ear.

Jmo

"Donald Trump said he plans to hold another rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, after a gunman fired an AR-15-style rifle at the former president moments after he stepped on stage in the town on July 13.

It is unclear whether Trump will return to the same open-air fairgrounds where 20-year-old gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks fired at the former president from a rooftop outside a security perimeter.

A statement from an FBI spokesperson later clarified that “what struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle.”

On Friday, Trump said he “fully accepted” the FBI’s latest statement as an “apology” from Wray."

Trump promises ‘big and beautiful rally’ in return to Pennsylvania town where he was shot
This doesn't surprise me, I expected an announcement like this at some point. The people who attended the Butler rally were incredibly traumatized, and a supporter was shot and killed, and two other individuals are still undergoing critical treatment. I think the security will be very tight, whether indoors or outdoors, perhaps one of the most secure events to date. And for the rally-goers, I think it will be a very uplifting and healing experience.

Two days after the incident Trump maintained the bullet "ripped through" his ear.

Trump Says He Was Shot, With Bullet Hitting Upper Right Ear

He also later stated the bullet "pierced" his ear.

Trump says bullet pierced his ear, recounts ‘whizzing sound, shots’
I think that's what happened.

MOO, but it seems as though most of those who watched the video thought the same thing. Bullets do that -- they "pierce" or "rip through." I don't think that's an unusual way to describe a bullet graze.

Now, if he would have said the bullet took his ear off, that would have been something quite different.

I actually think he played down the event. He was the target of an assassination. He came very close to losing his life that day. He was shot. Others were shot. Not everyone survived the attempt to snuff out Trump's life.

This doesn't surprise me, I expected an announcement like this at some point. The people who attended the Butler rally were incredibly traumatized, and a supporter was shot and killed, and two other individuals are still undergoing critical treatment. I think the security will be very tight, whether indoors or outdoors, perhaps one of the most secure events to date. And for the rally-goers, I think it will be a very uplifting and healing experience.
There's no way in the world I could return to that town and re-do the rally. I'd be shaking in my boots.

But, that's just me.

I got caught up in the Netanyahu motorcade yesterday, lost an hour of my day.

I hear you, but IMO that means the Secret Service was doing its job appropriately.

I don’t want to be repetitive, but I know I’ve mentioned several times that as a lifelong New Yorker, getting stuck in a frozen zone when the president or a foreign head of state is passing by just comes with the territory, IF the SS is doing its job correctly.

If something is happening at the U.N., or a president or former president is here, then we all get stuck in a frozen zone and lose an hour or more of our lives, but of course that’s vastly preferable to an assassination or attempted assassination taking place.

The only time I remember voluntarily putting myself in this situation was when JFK Jr. died and his memorial was held at the St.Thomas More church in Manhattan.

President Clinton was there, as well as all the Kennedys and many politicians, but we wanted to see so we willingly were stuck for hours on the sidewalk a distance from the church, behind police barricades.

As you know in Florida, if you are anywhere near PBI airport, when Trump was president there were sometimes issues when we landed there if Air Force One was parked there, even though it was in a secluded area.

Or- it could have been neither.

I don't envy LE or SS when those guns with that kind of ammo are perfectly legal anywhere.

I've heard the argument that you want the good guys to have guns. But frankly, Crooks WAS a good guy up until he squeezed the trigger.

Not to mention, how many "good guys" would be willing to whip out a gun in front of the SS on high alert during a shooting.

I remember reading from some witnesses at the Vegas shooting who were armed that said they didn't take out their firearm because they were afraid of being shot by LE, having been mistaken for the shooter.

On transparency, and the perceived 'unwillingness'...

I believe Trump was obviously and willingly transparent from the moment he took to the podium in PA, and the shots fired we all saw and heard. He did not end up curled up in a ball in a hospital bed, or on a ventilator thankfully. He had been grazed by a bullet. He was treated and released. The very next day, he was seen on video golfing. His right side was not shown, but clearly he was up and about. Two days later, he boards a plane to Milwaukee and is seen on National TV with a bandage to his right ear in place. Days after, he holds events publicly and visibly, speaking about the assassination attempt.

IMO, the man has been as transparent as he can be. He certainly doesn't ( now or previously ) shy away from cameras and or microphones.
He has spoken often and freely about his injury and the assassination attempt on his life, on camera as well a Social Media.

Absent him showing his confidential Medical Records, I am just not sure what more some are expecting? Transparent about what exactly?

Is There really a " Man Behind the Curtain"........ ??????

Is this 1984 ???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay