PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zoom in: Rowe was appointed in April of last year as deputy director, a role that granted him direct oversight of "daily investigative and protective operations," according to his Secret Service biography.

Protective operations?

Is this the guy that only sent 3 to rally?

The one that denied extra protection in the past?

Zoom in: Rowe was appointed in April of last year as deputy director, a role that granted him direct oversight of "daily investigative and protective operations," according to his Secret Service biography.

Protective operations?

Is this the guy that only sent 3 to rally?

The one that denied extra protection in the past?
He was the boss over the Pittsburgh Office, agents who only sent three. Yes, I would think he would be one to approve or deny additional services.

The Pittsburgh office was in charge of the Butler Rally. I think we're going to hear today he was not directly involved in the planning and organization.
Moo
Organizational Chart

Attachments

• USSS-Office-Org-Chart-2020.pdf
    290.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Wow! From the video LE was alerted and surrounding the building, for at least 3-1/2 minutes before the first shots were fired. And I have no idea how long this had been going on before the guy started filming so it could have been more than 3-1/2 minutes.

You can hear President Trump speaking and no one thought to remove him from the stage?

I will add - the guy that filmed said he had his phone taken and he was handcuffed and arrested.

imo
Bbm.
What for ???
Doesn't sound like an arrestable offence, imo.
Is he still in jail ?

Edited to add : Not 100 % certain, but I'd imagine he was released the same day, as they had nothing on him, afaik ?
Perhaps they need to confiscate the phones of the SS from that day ; and see what transpired before TC went on his murderous rampage ?
If the local PA LE couldn't communicate with the secret service -- why ?
Omo.

Last edited:
Senator Paull opening statement.
*Met w/local LE Fri. was told SS has NOT spoken with any local law enforcement since the attempted assassination
*Secret service Command center was notified 20 minutes in advance of a suspicious person
*10 minutes prior to you the attempted assassination the Secret Service sniper team was informed.

** They have requested interviews with each secret service agent involved. This has been denied by the director of The Secret Service

They're going to request why he denied access to speak with individual agents.

Per Judicial and Homeland Security Congressional committee.

Moo

It is sad to me how real the distress is to my fellow Americans when they do their own research and learn from very unreliable sources that the government they voted for and should be able to trust tried to kill a candidate they love. The belief that the deep state attempted a hit or slow walked security is without merit, but the pain people feel in believing this is very, very real.

The conspiracy theory that the "deep state" is composed of child-trafficking cannibals is untrue but I partially get the appeal. A happy ending where a hero is the star of a storm and the bad guys are jailed and we live happily ever after. It's a story as old as the New Testament; it gave enslaved Romans hope, and it gives modern day Americans hope. The problem with it is it is not true, and is dangerous when it creates lone operators willing to shoot us a pizza shop, or mobs willing to kill law enforcement to enter the capitol for, among other things, the imaginary child victims.

I get hope by looking for verifiable heroes. For example, Trump has clearly stated that the inner ring of secret service agents 100% were on task and committed to their sworn duty to literally take a bullet. The female agent in particular was singled out as a brave hero.

MOO

Edited to add related link: Check out this balanced piece on conspiracy theories springing from left and right regarding the assasination attempt.

Last edited:
Acting Secret Service Director ROWE said he went to Butler, PA and got on the rooftop where Crooks took his shots at the former President:

"What I saw made me ashamed...I cannot defend why that roof was not secured."

Acting Secret Service Director ROWE says he wants to address a conspiracy he's seen:

The countersniper who neutralized the shooter did so "within seconds" – Rowe says sniper did NOT need to seek authorization to fire.

NEW from FBI deputy dir ABBATE: agency has found a social media account they BELIEVE associated with shooter Crooks.Account posted around 700 comments from 2019-2020. Some posts are antisemitic and anti-immigrant and extreme in their nature

Wow! From the video LE was alerted and surrounding the building, for at least 3-1/2 minutes before the first shots were fired. And I have no idea how long this had been going on before the guy started filming so it could have been more than 3-1/2 minutes.

You can hear President Trump speaking and no one thought to remove him from the stage?

I will add - the guy that filmed said he had his phone taken and he was handcuffed and arrested.

imo
Bbm.
Plenty of time to stop TC.
Smh. :(

Wanted to add -- from the link :
However, details coming from the congressional investigations of the shooting show that the Secret Service and local cops had trouble communicating with each other that day — so it’s unclear whether the agents protecting Trump knew about the sniper on the roof in advance.
RBM

There were people in the crowd that attempted to warn about TC's actions, so it's a good bet that the secret service knew.
Not faulting the media link--NYP, but an outside source needs to investigate the secret service and not the fbi.

Imo.
Omo.

What are the chances that someone (SS being part of Homeland Security, under Mayorkis) decided to leave the opportunity for murder wide open and some local kid just happened to show up with killing on his mind? There are no coincidences and while I don't know who planned the failed assassination, resulting in Cory's murder, I don't want any of those people in charge of investigating.
Bbm.
Agreed. There needs to be an impartial investigation !

Too many factors at play that day that coalesced conveniently into one terrible act that led to the death of an innocent man; and although the former president Trump praised the secret service, the questions --and blame if need be -- may go much farther up the chain of command ?

Omo.
Imo.

Last edited:

This article was just published by Washington Post. Basically it says local LE “shot at” Crooks first. Then the SS sniper neutralized him. Again this is from Washington Post

I am searching for credible audio now from the rally just to try to hear the shot described

I completely agree this needs to be investigated by unbiased party(s). There’s a lot of finger pointing and now use of “protocols” and word salads being tossed about by everyone involved. Someone did not do their job that day. Or more. And should be accountable. Period

Was seen on roof with backpack by dashcam in police car for brief time.
Interesting. Was he caught on dashcam (viewed later) or seen on dashcam in real time?

And what time was it?

At this point, the most frustrating facts that I would like to learn is where to crooks climb to the roof, where was officer who confronted him and had to drop back, and was the shooter smart or lucky to chose his perch where the snipers facing his direction were blocked from seeing him by a tree?

MOO

That's really strange. I work at a university and work with campaign organizers who bring candidates to our campus during presidential election years. Our local LE are paid by the campaign, not by the city or SS. We build the total cost of the rally on our campus (including campus LE, local LE and state LE) into what we charge the campaign to hold the event- both Republican and Democrat rallies/campaigns, and we work with city and state entities to do so. There may be LE who volunteer to work the event, but they are compensated for it through the politician's campaign through a signed contract ahead of time. The costs are spelled out and negotiated ahead of time with the campaign leads.

ETA: There is only one check or other form of payment provided from the campaign to the university, and we distribute the payments to others who also provided resources for the event, such as local and state LE, etc.

Looking into the particularities with this instance it's a very convoluted structure. There's the Beaver County ESU - made up of officers from various police departments and the sheriff within Beaver County - that then had an arrangement with the Butler County ESU - made up of various PDs from Beaver County - to show up. I wasn't familiar with ESUs until now, but apparently they're done in areas that have townships as a cost-saving emergency response measure that are managed by a county's District Attorney and then on top of that you have mutual aid agreements as a second layer of that, which Butler County ESU called for mutual aid from Beaver County ESU, where by contract any payment had to come from within Beaver County...which I doubt the Secret Service knew this since it's so convoluted. I too find it unusual, like back in college the Bob Dole Presidential campaign literally landed on my college campus and I know campus Public Safety worked it and got paid, but having assistance come from mutual aid doesn't seem to contemplate an event like this. I can see in general how officers would want to be volunteer unpaid SWAT team members on an emergency basis just as there's volunteer unpaid firefighters. The person killed at the event had been a volunteer firefighter for Buffalo Township, so people will do difficult and dangerous work around there for free. Doing Presidential protection under unpaid mutual aid just might have been too unappealing, so officers declined to do such work for free and I don't blame them while it seems like the Secret Service was totally oblivious to the struggles and issues of the local PDs, didn't communicate well with them and fast to cast blame on them.

Interesting. Was he caught on dashcam (viewed later) or seen on dashcam in real time?

And what time was it?

At this point, the most frustrating facts that I would like to learn is where to crooks climb to the roof, where was officer who confronted him and had to drop back, and was the shooter smart or lucky to chose his perch where the snipers facing his direction were blocked from seeing him by a tree?

MOO

I brought up the trees a bit back, it was hard to tell from maps and sometimes the map image is years old so trees would appear smaller. It was nice to see an image of what the shooter could see and the fact that he was very hard to see.

Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back