PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@layer
Sorry couldn't link your post

No. The 20 seconds is the time lapse from local LE notification to the Local LE lead in the Command center.

The lead immediately informed his counterpart at the Secret Service. They were all located in the same room. The Secret Service failed to record their communication that day. I violation of procedure.

No one knows why the detail was not notified.
Rowe did state the former President's SS detail was on it own separate radio system.
Rowe couldn't answer how the SS command center was to communicate directly with the Secret Service detail.
(I'm blown away, 17 days and he still doesn't know how they world to contact the Secret Service detail.)
Moo from the Congressional hearing today
Bbm.
That sounds worse than a simple mistake, indifference, poorly-trained agents, or outright incompetence.
That sounds intentional ?
Only my opinion.

What are the chances that someone (SS being part of Homeland Security, under Mayorkis) decided to leave the opportunity for murder wide open and some local kid just happened to show up with killing on his mind? There are no coincidences and while I don't know who planned the failed assassination, resulting in Cory's murder, I don't want any of those people in charge of investigating.
Of course there are coincidences. They happen all the time in life.

IOW, what we've got here is failure to communicate.

I'd say failure to communicate quickly enough is part of the downfall.

IIRC (somewhere back in the thread) it was stated that communication between the different policing entities was a 2-step thing. That local law enforcement communicated back to their central point, and that was then relayed along to the SS, and vice versa.

imo

The Judicial and Homeland Security Congressional hearing is WELL worth the time. Every senator on either side of the aisle had good, indepth questions and were consistent and demanding answers and follow-ups. Every senator stressed the importance of releasing information to Congress and the American people, to prevent additional rumors, and threats.

The committees asked for SS policies, site plans, emails video recordings, radio traffic communication
(SS failed to record communication that day). The chairman demands the SS allow the 17 agents to be interviewed within days. Rowe refused to answer who was denying the request.

Moo .. from congressional hearing

Moo ... I see subpoenas on the horizon. I think they're done with invites.

I agree that subpoenas will be issued, but we know from past experience that leaders of federal agencies often refuse to testify even when a subpoena has been issued by Congress, and the DOJ refuses to prosecute.

I would also like to know who's at fault.
The person who was supposed to assign someone to that roof, or the one who was assigned but didn't go up there is at fault. I think it's as simple as that.

Today I took my car in to a local garage because it had developed a knock on the front driver's side. The problem was loose lug nuts on both front wheels! Potentially very dangerous. I phoned Canadian Tire who had replaced my car brakes just three months ago. The head mechanic checked records and said he knows who worked on the car and who retorqued the wheels a week later. Both will be pulled aside and be reminded how important it is to tighten lug nuts properly. My point is... Canadian Tire knows who is responsible for an error 3 months after the fact, but the Secret Service doesn't know immediately after an assassination attempt who or why no one was covering that roof??

The FBI revealed Tuesday that Donald Trump’s would-be assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks may have owned a social media account whose posts were antisemit
yes, until they verify it's his account there is no point in speculating further MOO But sheesh, young indeed if his views were that extreme already.
Totally agree - seems irresponsible to share this news before verifying. They won't speculate about anything else during questioning, yet they have no problem sharing this "bombshell". Huh.

MOO

Canadian Tire knows who is responsible for an error 3 months after the fact, but the Secret Service doesn't know immediately after an assassination attempt who or why no one was covering that roof??
Right!!!! I've been at many jobs where an employee makes a mistake or something catastrophic happens on their watch that could have been prevented and they immediately get reprimanded and/or fired. It's hard for me to reconcile. MOO.

I'd say failure to communicate quickly enough is part of the downfall.

IIRC (somewhere back in the thread) it was stated that communication between the different policing entities was a 2-step thing. That local law enforcement communicated back to their central point, and that was then relayed along to the SS, and vice versa.

imo
Right, but it's not like this was their first rodeo. My god, this is ALL they do - protect high-profile people, secure large areas, prepare for the worst case scenario. When civilians are shouting about a man having a gun 20+ minutes prior to any shots being taken, it's indicative that there's a systemic issue happening somewhere across the SS, in my opinion.

Why do you view treatment of "little girls" in the pejorative? It'd be different if you just said "children." SS expressing sadness at the outcomes is a natural and human emotion. Would you rather them NOT feel sad for the injury and loss of life?
I think they're feeling sadness, because the media, Congress and the American people is blaming them. Rightfully so. There were many, many failures. Not just one, not just two but a systematic failure to quote Rowe.

They treated local law enforcement like second rate security. They didn't have one or two that were worthy enough to carry a radio to be in contact with the Secret Service Command center.

Per Rowe they lost sight of ....
Situational awareness.

If they're having issues with sadness, not being able to accept the fact they did not do a good job, that the media is bringing to light the steps leading to the failure. Then they need to step aside, take some time for mental health. We do not need nor can we afford agents protecting the president or former president if they're caught up in self-pity

In the press conference afterwards. Many on the committee are calling for an immediate crisis intervention team to take control of SS.

Moo...

While LE and SS checked out suspicious persons, President Trump was held back from making his scheduled entrance onto the stage to speak this past weekend at the Bitcoin conference in Tennessee. Just as a precaution, and then the two suspicious persons were cleared and President Trump was allowed to go to the stage.

Seems SS in this case had figured out how to communicate.

Right, but it's not like this was their first rodeo. My god, this is ALL they do - protect high-profile people, secure large areas, prepare for the worst case scenario. When civilians are shouting about a man having a gun 20+ minutes prior to any shots being taken, it's indicative that there's a systemic issue happening somewhere across the SS, in my opinion.

I was just reading text messages sent by local LE, among themselves in group chats, and then to their command centre. Who then relayed the info to SS. And all of it not so quickly.

At 5:14 p.m., an officer took photos of Crooks sitting outside. Twenty minutes later he sent those images to a group chat, the texts show.
“Kid learning around building we are in,” one text reads. “I did see him with a range finder looking towards stage. FYI. If you wanna notify SS snipers to look out. I lost sight of him.”

10 minutes later, an officer sends the images to a second group chat and tells the other members to forward it: “if you wanna send this to whoever at command.” Six minutes later, at 5:51 p.m., someone responds: “Sent.”

“They are asking for a direction of travel,” one person wrote at 5:59 p.m., referring to the command center.
Someone responded a minute later: “Not sure. He was up against the building. If I had to guess towards the back. Away from the event.”

11 minutes later, Crooks started firing.

Text messages, radio chatter show confused communications around tracking Trump’s would-be assassin

The military are also human beings, as are the SS. When dealing with staff (of any organisation), they need to be praised for what they did right, and improved upon for what they did wrong.

It does no good continually slamming them for any mistakes that may have been made along the way.
You find the areas of concern, and tighten them up. Without destroying everyone's morale - which enables personal growth and the strength of the organisation.

(Speaking from a managerial aspect)

imo
Sorry, I don't believe in praising them for what they did wrong. They either have tough standards, or they need to be replaced by someone who puts aside their feelings to do their job. In this case, the SS agents that rushed to protect Trump were praised, but that doesn't need to include those who appear to not take their job seriously. The lead SS agent who scoped out the perimeter that didn't include the roof TC shot from needs to be held accountable and retrained. You don't need to take down an entire division when one or more people were simply not doing their job. (also speaking from a position of accountability). MOO

I am just brainstorming here, but after watching the hearing today and hearing vague and veiled answers from SS....I really want to know just exactly where was the Command Center? Were they all in Pittsburgh with the FLOTUS detail that day?

This delay and obfuscating the communications issue makes me wonder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back