PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the full video, @Cool Cats .

It's amazing that at about 1:50 and onward the LEO has to assemble his rifle.
Wouldn't it be part of their duties to come with rifles ready to confront or take out an armed unknown on that roof ?
Seems unprepared, imo.

The secret service bear the brunt of the blame as they would've been fully ready to confront TC and take him down before he was able to fire a shot.
At least in a competent situation.

Someone not with either group of LE or the SS and armed-- they had a responsibility to neutralize the threat.
If that had happened, maybe no one would've been injured and killed, and we wouldn't be here discussing this.
Omo.

I am shaking my head over that police vehicle back seat footage of the LE officer having to assemble his rifle.

Just put it ready to fire in the trunk or lock box whatever. There is no time to assemble a rifle right smack dab in the middle of an active shooting.

I think everyone was complacent and 100% assumed nothing is going to happen and all of them were just doing the minimal, going through the motions. I think the SS devolved into that mind set.

2 Cents.

It was literally not part of the local LE plan to use snipers in the event of a coordinated attack, assault on Trump or a lone gunman. The plan in case one of those things happened was to respond with either the Quick Reaction Force or Counter Assault Team. Snipers could be activated to snipe, but it wasn't part of the plan to snipe in response to any listed contingency happening...like it wasn't part of the plan to use snipers to respond to a lone gunman, which happened so it's not like any sniper failed to follow the plan in that contingency.

Local LE snipers and Secret Service snipers aren't interchangeable. They have different duties and training, which can vary wildly. If the Secret Service actually thought an LAPD sniper, a Butler ESU sniper and a Secret Service sniper are all the same, that would be some seriously messed up thought by the Secret Service. If local LE was interchangeable with the Secret Service, there would be no point in having the Secret Service in the first place, so the Secret Service might as well be disbanded if that was true...which I don't think it is, especially when it comes to roles like snipers.

It's a good thing the SS snipers were well trained, experienced and paying attention. The SS sniper took out the killer extremely fast and with great accuracy, without risk to public safety. It was over before local LE knew what was happening.

The SS only role at an event such as this is to protect the important figures, and protect all general public who are there, Period. It is not the role of the local LE departments. And especially if the local LE doesn't even have a way to communicate with the SS, except, apparently by texts relayed. This is a total failure of the SS, which the higher ups have admitted. Whether this is a fault of being short staffed, not taking every event seriously, or possibly a rouge agent with a dislike of Trump. I 100% blame the SS, and 0% blame the local LE. And I also believe that being indoors or outdoors wouldn't have made a difference. JMO, MOO

Local LE snipers and Secret Service snipers aren't interchangeable. They have different duties and training, which can vary wildly. If the Secret Service actually thought an LAPD sniper, a Butler ESU sniper and a Secret Service sniper are all the same, that would be some seriously messed up thought by the Secret Service.
I agree. There is a huge difference between a trained counter-sniper and a sniper (basically anyone with a gun and a target).

Sorry, there are several parts of the videos where two or more local LEOs while discussing events...make it clear local LEOs farther away are in disbelief that nearer (or shoulda been nearer) local LEOs didn't do enough.

The bodycam LEOs do seem top notch. Youtube has four different local LEO POVs (sorted by CamID)...

122109: Butler Township Sergeant, radio 1305, in command of half the Butler Township Patrolmen, see below

122110: Butler Township Patrolman 1, TC aimed at him

122125: Butler Township Patrolman 2, the one who breaks it to the "we got him" patrolman that the local snipers were inside, knows everybody whether Butler or other local agency

Officer Helmetcam: Quick Response Force, no nametag

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back