PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
just a small note though - he wasn't a kid
he was fully an adult and referring to him as a kid diminishes his terrible act IMO
yeah he looks young and is maybe a lot younger than some of us here but he was an adult

I don't think calling him a kid diminishes his crime.

I call anyone whose brain isn't fully developed a kid. It doesn't mean anything legally. It's not like saying he shouldn't be held accountable as an adult. We even charge teen killers with adult charges. But the point is, to me, he was a kid. It doesn't take away from the heinous crime he committed. MOO

Seems like it.

Try this:
LHO
- frustrated intellectual had job beneath his intellect
- show off he could outsmart all the security experts
- important VIP JFK was visiting in neighboring area
- close to home opportunistic assassin/assassination
- notoriety to leave his mark by killing/trying to kill JFK

Works surprisingly well. The point being that if this kid was being used as an asset ("village idiot" in tradecraft) this is about what you'd expect to find. It's something that bothers me, because whatever led this kid to do this: foreign or domestic intelligence or terrorism, lone nut sociopathy or psychopathy; or just plain ole evil; whatever it is it's still out there. And there are a whole lot of other troubled kids. And they take notes.
JMHO
For some of these attention seeking guys, feeling like an unnoticed nobody as a good guy can lead to them doing the opposite in order to affect a change into becoming a noticed bad guy. DJT has the money, the fortune, the businesses, the properties, the power, the fame, the women, the relationships, the connections, the looks, the fans, the followers, etc. compared to TMC who had nothing close. Did he want to feel more powerful by trying to kill him?

Last edited:
Seems like it.

Try this:
LHO
- frustrated intellectual had job beneath his intellect
- show off he could outsmart all the security experts
- important VIP JFK was visiting in neighboring area
- close to home opportunistic assassin/assassination
- notoriety to leave his mark by killing/trying to kill JFK

Works surprisingly well. The point being that if this kid was being used as an asset ("village idiot" in tradecraft) this is about what you'd expect to find. It's something that bothers me, because whatever led this kid to do this: foreign or domestic intelligence or terrorism, lone nut sociopathy or psychopathy; or just plain ole evil; whatever it is it's still out there. And there are a whole lot of other troubled kids. And they take notes.
JMHO
That's why the FBI, DHS and others are looking into it. They have much better tools these days, but then so do the killers.

It's a similar, but not identical profile for all the shooters in public mass murders these days. They usually have the following traits:

anti-social factor/mental health problems
access to military grade weapons of mass murder
injustice collector who wants revenge or to right some perceived wrong
above average intelligence
history of researching other mass murderers
desire to be famous, sometimes bragging in advance on social media
target innocent people, oftenstrangers, in public places

They aren't usually led by anyone, but are responding to their own inner demons.

That's why the FBI, DHS and others are looking into it. They have much better tools these days, but then so do the killers.

It's a similar, but not identical profile for all the shooters in public mass murders these days. They usually have the following traits:

They aren't usually led by anyone, but are responding to their own inner demons.
They also think that they are the only ones suffering socially and/or economically and think that most people have it better than them when in fact many others are also suffering as well silently and don't show it and don't go killing innocent people.

For some of these attention seeking guys, feeling like an unnoticed nobody as a good guy can lead to them doing the opposite in order to affect a change into becoming a noticed bad guy. DJT has the money, the fortune, the businesses, the properties, the power, the fame, the women, the relationships, the connections, the looks, the fans, the followers, etc. compared to TMC who had nothing close. Did he want to feel more powerful by trying to kill him?

It's difficult to say, but possibly. Like the kids who seek to have a "body count" in their mass murder that's higher than previous killers. The strange thing is that they usually know they won't survive the atttack, so must be motivated by some delusion of their "fame" afterwards. Normal people can't understand that way of thinking.

It's difficult to say, but possibly. Like the kids who seek to have a "body count" in their mass murder that's higher than previous killers. The strange thing is that they usually know they won't survive the atttack, so must be motivated by some delusion of their "fame" afterwards. Normal people can't understand that way of thinking.
Since they may be suicidal, this may be mass murder/suicide. They may think that their death is worth several deaths in how they see themselves taking others down with them.

RBBM

TC didn’t use a military grade weapon.

An AR-15-style rifle was found next to the body of Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old authorities say wounded Trump and others and left one man dead in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
(…)
The AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle, meaning one bullet is fired each time the trigger is pulled and the gun automatically loads another bullet. An automatic rifle – illegal to own in most states – can continuously fire bullets as long as the trigger is held down.
(…)
“It was nothing special,” said Joseph Price, special agent in charge of the ATF in Pittsburgh, of the weapon used by the shooter.

RBBM

TC didn’t use a military grade weapon.

An AR-15-style rifle was found next to the body of Thomas Matthew Crooks, the 20-year-old authorities say wounded Trump and others and left one man dead in Butler County, Pennsylvania.
(…)
The AR-15 is a semi-automatic rifle, meaning one bullet is fired each time the trigger is pulled and the gun automatically loads another bullet. An automatic rifle – illegal to own in most states – can continuously fire bullets as long as the trigger is held down.
(…)
“It was nothing special,” said Joseph Price, special agent in charge of the ATF in Pittsburgh, of the weapon used by the shooter.
When our neighbor used one, police referred to it as military grade, as did my relatives who are recently retired military officers Most people also buy the military grade ammo as well. It's easily obtained and what some consider affordable. This one also had a collapsible stock, which also puts it in a special category.

I think our love cal SWAT team looked at it differently. Than the LE you quoted above. When they have to approach the live, drunken shooter standing next to his AR 15, they see it as a dangerous weapon

I'm clueless but I interpret military-grade to convey "not hunting gear" nor "protection gear". Gun range enthusiasts prolly legitimately enjoy military-grade target challenges, I'd prefer they switch to archery.

Re the subject and re my previous theory that the clocking-out local sniper spoke to TC, maybe it's like "Where've I seen that kook before? Oh, yeah. The Gun Club."

When our neighbor used one, police referred to it as military grade, as did my relatives who are recently retired military officers Most people also buy the military grade ammo as well. It's easily obtained and what some consider affordable. This one also had a collapsible stock, which also puts it in a special category.

I think our love cal SWAT team looked at it differently. Than the LE you quoted above. When they have to approach the live, drunken shooter standing next to his AR 15, they see it as a dangerous weapon
Military Grade or Military specification (mil spec) is a specific term, though it has become more vague by usage. Mil spec refers to particular specifications that US military requires for items. In regards to a weapon like this it would have full auto or burst capability (likely), it would have a thicker barrel, the bolt and bolt carrier are hardened to specification not seen in civilian versions, and many more things. The stock wouldn't matter really since military uses both full static stock and collapsible. But the term "military grade" has sort just come to be used for military "type". I know many might think it just splitting hairs, but those terms do have meanings. Keep in mind that the bolt action 30-06 that was ubiquitous in game hunting throughout the 20th century in the US came from the US Army M-1903 rifle that was used in WW1. After the war they were widely available has hunting rifles.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back