Identified! PA - Bensalem, WhtFem 461UFPA, 20-30, pregnant, in pumphouse, Jan'88 - Lisa Todd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got a quick reply from NAMUS:

"Unfortunately, we can't comment on any case details or specifics that are not viewable to the public in NamUs."

Don't know what to make of that.

Did you ask if there was DNA for Anne? If so, that's what the response was about. Biometric data is no longer viewable to the public so, no, they will not tell you.

To submit the possible match via email, in the subject line put "possible match NamUs MP#13614 and UP#2202. In the body of the email just paste the NamUs links into an email. Maybe with a note: for your consideration. Something simple since you'll only get a standard one-size-fits-all response. Then sign with a thank you and your name. Let them take it from there.

Full list of rule outs as of 27 August 2017:
  • Katherine Anderson 1954 Maryland
  • Kimberly Blackburn 1958 Indiana
  • Tracy Byrd 1968 Pennsylvania
  • Bernadette Caruso 1963 Maryland
  • Susan Cerritelli 1956 Pennsylvania
  • Evelyn Davis 1962 Ohio
  • Gina Hall 1962 Virginia
  • Marchelle Hansen 1964 Wisconsin
  • Charlotte Heimann 1954 New York
  • Christine Huyer 1960 Florida
  • Anne Manchester 1954 Delaware
  • Amy Matthews 1959 Pennsylvania
  • Monique McClelland Unknown Pennsylvania
  • Launa Merritt 1966 New York
  • Mary Opitz 1963 Florida
  • Linda Peterson 1949 Utah
  • Deborah Post 1961 Massachusetts
  • Michele Reidenbach 1964 Pennsylvania
  • Leichia Reilly 1963 New York
  • Susan Reidling 1967 Kentucky
  • Deanna Saccone 1967 California
  • Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
  • Barbara Shumac 1953 Pennsylvania
  • Esther Valdez 1967 New Mexico
  • Karen Wilson 1963 New York

Christine Green from Philadelphia has been added to the ruleouts. Unidentified Person Case

I have some clarification regarding the multiple clothes: she was wearing ALL of them. She had on jeans and three black/purple blouses. She was wearing the white dress over the top of the jeans/tops.

Not sure if this is a worthwhile lead, but this article references a kidnapped girl wearing a purple blouse and jeans. The article is from a Pennsylvania newspaper on December 31, 1984.

2202.webp

(if article image isn't working, try this link: https://www.theunidentified.org/images)

It was a style around 1984 to 1986 to wear two blouses in a layered style. I remember doing it. Never wore a dress over top of course.

It was a style around 1984 to 1986 to wear two blouses in a layered style. I remember doing it. Never wore a dress over top of course.

I remember people wearing a jumper-type dress over layered blouses. It was a style I never liked because it's so bulky.

Was this a US fashion thing? I can't seem to find any results plowing through old photos or even googling it, and I have a bit of a hard time imagine it.

For the record, it’s described as “three black and purple blouses on top of each other, and a white dress over the jeans and blouses.”

That really doesn't sound like the kind of layering I'm remembering.

Not sure if this is a worthwhile lead, but this article references a kidnapped girl wearing a purple blouse and jeans. The article is from a Pennsylvania newspaper on December 31, 1984.

2202.webp

(if article image isn't working, try this link: https://www.theunidentified.org/images)

Do you happen to know what newspaper this was from? I poked around on that page, and could not find the article.

Coming up on 31 years since Publicker Jane Doe was discovered. This is the one that sticks with me the most. I think a lot of it has to do with the haunting expression on Frank Benders bust of the UID. Is there a list more comprehensive than NAMUS with rule-outs that is published anywhere? Or is NAMUS considered definitive? I wish there was more we could do. I would love for the DNA Doe Project to take this up.

Coming up on 31 years since Publicker Jane Doe was discovered. This is the one that sticks with me the most. I think a lot of it has to do with the haunting expression on Frank Benders bust of the UID. Is there a list more comprehensive than NAMUS with rule-outs that is published anywhere? Or is NAMUS considered definitive? I wish there was more we could do. I would love for the DNA Doe Project to take this up.

No, NamUs doesn't have a complete list. For instance, Myra Manley, Shelley Luty and Tammy Leppert were all submitted and ruled out (I believe by dentals on all). They're not on the NamUs list but they were all looked at before NamUs was launched.

Myra Manley
Missing Person Case

Shelley Luty
Missing Person Case

Tammy Leppert
Missing Person Case

You're right about the look, that melancholy look, that Frank Bender captured in his reconstruction. For years, he thought Jane Doe was Jeanette Tambe, who disappeared from Bensalem in 1984. She was identified in 2012 as a NJ murder victim who had been found in 1986. I've always felt bad that Mr Bender didn't live long enough to know that Jeanette had been found.

No, NamUs doesn't have a complete list. For instance, Myra Manley, Shelley Luty and Tammy Leppert were all submitted and ruled out (I believe by dentals on all). They're not on the NamUs list but they were all looked at before NamUs was launched.
DoeNetwork states that "at the time, 50 missing person reports nationwide that fit the description of the woman, but all of them were eliminated from the investigation."

Digging through old files and emails ... this is a list of young ladies who, over the years, have been submitted as possible matches for Publicker JD. Some go back to January 2006. which was right after Bensalem PD introduced me to the case (in Dec 2005). I don't have specific rule-out info but thought it might be helpful to at least know who has been submitted.

Jinisinia Stonehouse
The Doe Network: Case File 1268DFON

Anne Riggin
Missing Person Case

Robin Adler
Missing Person Case

Jennifer Pandos
Missing Person Case

Kimberly Mileo
Missing Person Case

Leann Faulk
Missing Person Case

Barbara Hunt
Missing Person Case

Rose Marie Gayhart
Missing Person Case

I emailed the Bradley County TN Sherrif's office about this UID in relation to Heller Sample, though I admit it's a longshot. However, the physicals and the timeframe seem to line up. There appears to be very little on Ms. Sample. She doesn't even have a NAMUS page, no DNA, fingerprints or dentals listed. Sorry if this person has been covered with relationship to Publicker Jane Doe... but without being able to see all the rule-outs in one place, it gets a little hard to keep track of everything.

The Doe Network: Heller Sample - 3161DFTN

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back