GUILTY PA - Bonnie Sweeten for staged abduction, swindle, Upper Southampton, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think its horrible that our minds go to "fishy" so quickly. Trust me, I totally get it. With so many "parents" killing kids these days it's natural for our minds to go there. It's a sad shame but it's a fact. Just as in other recent cases, my mind tells me one thing but my heart screams for there to be another explanation. I too think this is very "fishy" but my heart hopes not. Just as I prayed that the other recent "parents" had not done the unthinkable, I will pray this one did not either.

ITA. I pray that the confusion about the cars (where they were, who was in what, etc) is due to inconsistent media reporting.

This story is verrrrry odd.

Hmmm, something fishy going on with this whole story, I betcha there was no kidnapping
Im on the fence on this one

JMO

Her car was ticketed at 2:20 pm. That doesn't give the "kidnappers" enought time to get them in the car and park in Philly. I know the meter maids are quick down there but not THAT quick.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6832725

The vehicle, a GMC Yukon Denali, had a parking ticket on it with a time stamp of 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.
The vehicle looked like it was parked nicely, too. What kidnappers take the time to parallel park a tank on what looks to be a busy commercial street in the middle of the day?!

"Lower Southampton police Chief William Weigman Jr., reading from a prepared statement, said it appears to be a kidnapping. However, police said much of the case remains unclear and that the initial report indicating a vehicle accident preceded the kidnapping remains unfounded.

The case is being treated as a carjacking and abduction, according to Weigman, who read the statement alongside Chief of Bucks County Detectives Chris McAteer. However, very little evidence has emerged to support initial reports, investigators said."

So basically it sounds to me that there was no accident.

There are now 3 threads about this case going on.

On one of the other threads they stated that when the Denali was found it had a parking ticket issued at 2:20pm on the windshield.

I live in the town this occurred. This is a highly unusual crime for this area. I'm not saying it wasn't a random crime but if it was random it's bizarre to say the least.

One other thing, this abduction took place literally a block away from the police station.

Where exactly did this happen? I too am about 25 minutes North. In Montco.

There are three threads going. I'm asking the mods to combine. This forum is actually for information only no discussion.

A Denali doesn't really have a "trunk" either. They have the open back cargo area. Wouldn't they have heard her calling?

I've asked the mods to combine the threads.

Has anyone seen this little girl since May 1st?

I'm curious why we haven't heard anything from the current husband. Every mention of him is almost like an afterthought in these articles. Seems strange to me that only the ex is speaking out about wanting these two to be found. I also find it interesting that Julia was withdrawn from her school on May 1. A sign that everything was not OK at home? I wonder where the 15-year-old daughter lives (i.e., is she with the current husband or the ex?). Maybe the mother cooked this up to get away from the current husband, or maybe he set this up to get rid of his wife and step-daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932
Back