GUILTY PA - Charlenni Ferreira, 10, suffers gruesome death, Philadelphia, 21 Oct 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
VE is making a huge point-the panel of experts that exhonerated DHS in Charlenni's case means squat. I am certain that there are cases of abuse that are subtle-Charlenni's was NOT. Glad Dr Parchuri could bill himself out as a "child abuse" expert but frankly he sucks. Why? Because she had multiple old, current and healing fractures. So if he took any xrays, he cant read them very well. If he claims he never read them, well his radiologist sucks. If I were the state I would be looking closely at the money changing hands situation between this DR and DHS. Just sayin.

God Bless America, this case has completely taken me over. What a waste of such a very, very special soul. Stepmomster will never ever be missed in this society-but Charlenni, man she held the keys to the kingdom. We are poorer for her loss.

This is absolutely one of the most heartbreaking stories I have ever read. I am at work holding back tears for this little girl. I can not believe that someone could treat this Angel like that. She is definitely in Heaven now where she is no longer suffering. RIP Charlenni...

VE is making a huge point-the panel of experts that exhonerated DHS in Charlenni's case means squat. I am certain that there are cases of abuse that are subtle-Charlenni's was NOT. Glad Dr Parchuri could bill himself out as a "child abuse" expert but frankly he sucks. Why? Because she had multiple old, current and healing fractures. So if he took any xrays, he cant read them very well. If he claims he never read them, well his radiologist sucks. If I were the state I would be looking closely at the money changing hands situation between this DR and DHS. Just sayin.

God Bless America, this case has completely taken me over. What a waste of such a very, very special soul. Stepmomster will never ever be missed in this society-but Charlenni, man she held the keys to the kingdom. We are poorer for her loss.
Personally I think,& Im really trying not to get o/t ,that there is a possible CULTURAL bias with some Doctors from 3rd world countries that has them not being sensitive (?)enough or aware enough to diagnose or recognize abuse.I also think that the reason DHS contracts with this Doctors is that they may possibly charge less .Sucks but it always comes down to the dollar doesnt it? I bet Dr Parchuri charges far less than the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia! :(

I think ,however,we need additional if not MORE training in abuse for not only medical professionals but teachers ,the general public and CHILDREN! I.e "What to do if you think or KNOW your classmate/friend is being hurt".
WE could bring back the "bad touch/good touch" (and adding in curriculum about "bad" pictures & videos) as well as what a child should do if they witness or know of another child being abused.
I would LOVE to see this in every school in America ,every school year in EVERY grade(done age appropriately of course -like the "bad pictures" for high schoolers could cover 'sexting')if this saved ONE child wouldnt it be enough???
How could this get started? I guess whenever they overhaul each states DCF!HA!:banghead:
Im sad because Charleeni is not the first nor will she be the last! :(

~respectfully snipped ~

VespaElf - I hope you did not misunderstand my post - I was NOT blaming the victim - I was blaming DHS for NOT listening to her. I agree both docs should be disqualified BUT in addition, DHS does NOT get a free ride just because they took her to the DOC. I am sure this child said something AND DHS REFUSED TO LISTEN TO HER AND PLACED HER RIGHT BACK IN HARM'S WAY.

It is my opinion that when a child complains of abuse - that child should immediately be removed from the home. I don't give a ***** how many lawsuits the parents might want to file. If a child complains - they need to be removed from the home - I don't what the Doc says, I don't care what the parents say. The child should be listened to FIRST. And if the child shows any fear about being returned to the home, the child should NOT be returned!

Salem

Salem,
So sorry! Totally misread post! I was so angry I didnt realize it was you who wrote the post I was replying to!:blushing:
Arrrrgghhhhhhhhhh! This case has me on the warpath! What makes it the worst is how helpless it makes me feel!:banghead:

Does this mean trial has not happened? Could not find any other updates.

http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-51-CR-0000468-2010

It looks to me like she picked a judge to decide the case rather than a jury? Here are the notes:

Trial 11/10/2011 9:00 am 1007 Judge Glenn B. Bronson Continued
Pretrial Bring Back 11/09/2012 9:00 am 1007 Judge Glenn B. Bronson Continued
Trial 12/10/2012 9:00 am 1007 Judge Glenn B. Bronson Scheduled
Pretrial Bring Back 12/10/2012 9:00 am 1007 Judge Glenn B. Bronson Scheduled
Status Listing 03/25/2013 9:00 am 1007 Judge Glenn B. Bronson Scheduled

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...testimony_in_10-year-old_s_beating_death.html

As a prosecutor showed a Common Pleas jury a photo of 10-year-old Charlenni Ferreira, her face battered and bruised, one juror held a wooden clipboard to his mouth, his face reddened. Another clasped her mouth with a hand.

The girl in the photo was dead. Prosecutors contend that her stepmother, Margarita Garabito, 48, who is on trial for murder and related offenses, beat her to death...

Assistant District Attorney Andrew Notaristefano told jurors in his opening statement yesterday that Garabito "took bobby pins and she jammed it into the girl's scalp, like a staple, to make sure that the weave stayed on her so no one would see the damage."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...ut_10-year-old_Charlenni_s_painful_death.html

A former Philadelphia assistant medical examiner told a Common Pleas jury yesterday how 10-year-old Charlenni Ferreira suffered a wrenching death...

Osbourne told jurors that Charlenni died from multiple blunt-impact injuries and "pleural empyema," a collection of pus and fluid between the lungs and the inside of the chest. He said the fluid buildup caused her left lung to collapse and was a source of bacterial infection...

Charlenni was not getting enough oxygen because of the fluid buildup, he said. "What's going to happen is your brain is going to be deprived of oxygen and then it's going to just give up," he said, describing what happened to Charlenni.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150222_Stepmom_guilty_of_murdering_10-year-old_child.html

After stepmother Margarita Garabito was convicted by a jury yesterday of first-degree murder and related offenses in the beating death of her 10-year-old stepdaughter, she tearfully proclaimed: "I'm not a murderess!"...

Bronson sentenced Garabito to the mandatory term of life in prison without parole for first-degree murder. The prosecution did not seek the death penalty.

The judge also sentenced Garabito to a consecutive 22 1/2 to 45 years in prison on the other charges, giving her the maximum sentence he could.

This just makes me crazy. Drop the kids off at my house if you don't want them or love them. Just drop them off. I know many people who would love the have them and take care of them. This just kills me. I don't understand.. I DON"T UNDERSTAND.
You cowards. You pathetic cowards.

Should have been sentenced to death. I hope she suffers greatly in prison.

What happened to the rapists/mutilators step-brothers?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back