PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I posted a message about Cherri's case to my Facebook! 8 years old!!!! This child deserved so much more!!!

Cherrie's case on Nancy Grace America's Missing tonight!!!

Right now talking about this new tip. Detective won't answer if it's come in since the first of the year. But it could be a very good lead. Of course, he also said it could be another dead end. But let's hope not!!!

ETA: "The strongest tip since 1985."

It looks like the tip that's been hinted at is that Cherrie may be alive. DNA tests are being performed on a woman living in Michigan to see if it matches, but she does not believe she is. Wouldn't it be amazing if Cherrie were alive though?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/28223000/detail.html

okay billy lee posted back in January that the scene from the van was from a poster for ski Michigan, this woman lives in Michigan..coincidence? hoping for the best. I lived in Butler at the time of her disapearance and my son was born not to long after this happened, everybody kept a tight rein on their kids at that time.

My excitement was short lived :pullhair:

http://www.wpxi.com/news/28247006/detail.html

Snip from Article:

A spokesman for the sheriff’s department in Michigan told Earle that the woman is not Cherrie Mahan.

The spokesman said his investigators interviewed the woman and saw a copy of her birth certificate. He said they also went to the local high school where she graduated from and saw pictures of her from as early as Kindergarten. At that time, investigators said she was a student in a school district in Michigan.

Back to square one.... Wonder what happened to that lead they had back in January, or was this the lead?

:(

So sad that this lead did not provide answers.

However, I am very happy that someone is "taking the bull by the horns" and actually trying to find answers for Cherrie! Her family deserves to know! Cherrie deserves justice!

It's strange, but I randomly ran across this one on wikipedia the other day. I grew up just south of Moundsville, WV, and we all knew about this case, though to be honest, I never knew the name of the girl until recently. Being 7 years old at the time, the thing that stood out, and what I still remember, was the van. And of course, kids my age were convinced they were seeing it around every corner, etc.--since little Washington Lands wasn't too awful far from Butler County, PA, and it was the center of our universe.

Still, since it has been a long time, and I was a child at the time, I wonder how many memories of mine regarding this incident are correct. As an example, we were told that this van may have been implicated in numerous missing children, and that there was a fella at the time taking polaroids of children before abducting them, also--in my memory, strictly--connected here.

It's sad that there has never been permanent resolution here. This was the first time I remembered thinking as a child that I was not safe.

Does anyone see a resemblance between Cherrie and the Jane "Penny" Doe found in Clarion Co. PA in 1990?

Does anyone see a resemblance between Cherrie and the Jane "Penny" Doe found in Clarion Co. PA in 1990?

There sure is a resemblance..maybe LE should be contacted what could it hurt?
:twocents:

Jane "Penny" Doe thread:
PA PA - Monroe - "Penny Doe" 246UFPA, 15-22, July 1990 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is some resemblance if Cherrie were alive and held for several years. One draw back to this theory is that "Penny" was estimated between 15-22 years old in 1990. In 1990, Cherrie would only be 13. With the progressive photo of Cherrie, there is a resemblance though.

Clairion is not far awayfrom the abduction.
Maybe 2 hours? I have t check by mapquest.
Lots of camping (hunting camps). Small town.
I do wonder if LE ever checked DNA now.
Was there any other young girl missing in those years beside
Cherrie???? in Western PA???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members