PA PA - Cherrie Mahan, 8, Cabot, 22 Feb 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I understanding this right? She claimed on social media to be said person? Is it possible she did so for the attention online, not expecting LE to be involved? Didn't expect it to gain public traction, just attention in her small orb?
I am shocked the story even went nationwide with her claims. I believe it might have been for attention.

State police: Fingerprints of female caller indicate she is not Cherrie Mahan​

June 06, 2024 Last Updated: June 06, 2024 06:20 PM Crime & Courts

A 1985 photograph of Cherrie Mahan alongside a computer age progression depiction of how she may look at age 33. Cherrie Mahan was 8 when she vanished from a Winfield Township school bus stop. Submitted photos

Pennsylvania State Police announced Thursday, June 6 that an initial review of fingerprints linked to the name of a female caller claiming to be Cherrie Mahan indicate she is not the missing girl who disappeared in Winfield Township in 1985 when she was 8 years old.
The department shared that it is investigating a recent online post and voicemail left with state police in which a female caller claims she is Cherrie Mahan. Since her initial voicemail and post, the caller has not contacted law enforcement, and could not be reached at the phone number and address she provided, nor has law enforcement had in-person contact with her, according to state police.
The woman’s claim will be investigated if she makes herself available to any law enforcement agency, state police shared in a news release.

Nancy Grace released a podcast about the Cherrie's disappearance and the women who claimed to be Cherrie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back