PA PA - Chester, Deshong Park, BlkFem Pre 60, UP90745, Tattoo: Aquarius on L breast, Mar'22

I guess anything would help I do really know lol
Hi @Bit of hope can u look up on facebook and see if they have anything about Melissa Rodriguez and if she has any tattoos maybe she has that tattoo on her breast I believe it was a Aquarius tattoo

Hi @Bit of hope can u look up on facebook and see if they have anything about Melissa Rodriguez and if she has any tattoos maybe she has that tattoo on her breast I believe it was a scorpion
Aquarius tattoo I just looked at the other posts and it was Aquarius

Sadly I didn't find something new on this case. Could this mean this wasn't a murder victim, but f.i. somebody living in the homeless camp who died. I find the way the grave was dug strange. Or is that just me? It looks like she died sitting, maybe bent over or was buried somehow folded.

View attachment 396344
To be blunt, she may have been in full rigor. If her body was in a semi-seated or L position - say, seated against a wall in a closet with legs outstretched - and left there for some time before being taken to the woods for burial, her muscles may have set in that position. Rather than waiting for rigor to pass and risk discovery, her killer chose to dig an L shaped grave to accommodate her body. If she had been curled in a foetal position or laid out flat, the grave would have been short and almost square, or long, like a typical grave. There'd be no reason to dig an L shaped grave but necessity, AFAIK.

MOO

To be blunt, she may have been in full rigor. If her body was in a semi-seated or L position - say, seated against a wall in a closet with legs outstretched - and left there for some time before being taken to the woods for burial, her muscles may have set in that position. Rather than waiting for rigor to pass and risk discovery, her killer chose to dig an L shaped grave to accommodate her body. If she had been curled in a foetal position or laid out flat, the grave would have been short and almost square, or long, like a typical grave. There'd be no reason to dig an L shaped grave but necessity, AFAIK.

MOO
Right. It has to be something like you described. Thank you for the write up. So you are convinced there was a killer? You maybe right, but if this was a murder why is it so quiet. Or is this a kind of "just another day" issue. I'm still deliberating on that. Could she have died of natural causes, OD-ed right there and people around her hadn't the money for a proper burial? I don't know....just a thought. I would love to know what the homeless man who pointed to the graveside had to say. I hope she can be identified soon.

Right. It has to be something like you described. Thank you for the write up. So you are convinced there was a killer? You maybe right, but if this was a murder why is it so quiet. Or is this a kind of "just another day" issue. I'm still deliberating on that. Could she have died of natural causes, OD-ed right there and people around her hadn't the money for a proper burial? I don't know....just a thought. I would love to know what the homeless man who pointed to the graveside had to say. I hope she can be identified soon.
I think that a burial tends to mean there's something to conceal. It's suspicious circs at bare minimum. Happy to be proven wrong, but as far as I know, people die often from ODs or other health reasons if they're homeless, and people don't tend to bury them. They tend to be found in the open, in an alley, in a derelict building, in a poptent, in a dumpster. That kind of thing. Burial, even in a shallow grave, is a very labour intensive endeavour. You need a robust digging tool, you need uninterrupted time, and you need to have a strong enough motivation to hide the decedent that makes it worth the effort. So, murderers would bury the person, or someone committing, say, welfare fraud and wanting to maintain the illusion the person is alive. A drug user, rough sleeper, or someone involved in the sexworker/client dynamic wouldn't. They'd leave the person where they died, or put them somewhere away from them in a semi public or public place. Of course, I am not an expert, and these are massive generalisations to which there are always exceptions, so take what I have said with a grain of salt and a dose of skepticism, but I don't see this being a natural or accidental death.

Very much MOO

I think that a burial tends to mean there's something to conceal. It's suspicious circs at bare minimum. Happy to be proven wrong, but as far as I know, people die often from ODs or other health reasons if they're homeless, and people don't tend to bury them. They tend to be found in the open, in an alley, in a derelict building, in a poptent, in a dumpster. That kind of thing. Burial, even in a shallow grave, is a very labour intensive endeavour. You need a robust digging tool, you need uninterrupted time, and you need to have a strong enough motivation to hide the decedent that makes it worth the effort. So, murderers would bury the person, or someone committing, say, welfare fraud and wanting to maintain the illusion the person is alive. A drug user, rough sleeper, or someone involved in the sexworker/client dynamic wouldn't. They'd leave the person where they died, or put them somewhere away from them in a semi public or public place. Of course, I am not an expert, and these are massive generalisations to which there are always exceptions, so take what I have said with a grain of salt and a dose of skepticism, but I don't see this being a natural or accidental death.

Very much MOO
Makes a lot of sense.

I just realised I didn't address the part about the homeless man. In my mind, the simplest explanation was he a) saw someone out-of-place or loitering strangely in the area at the approximate time of the burial, and/or b) saw the turned over earth and thought it was weird, or investigated himself, thinking it might be something of value buried, and stopped investigating sharpish when he moved a little surface dirt and smelt decomp or found a recognisable body part. Yes, he may be connected in some other way, but simplest explanation for me is that he lived in the park or in the general area, and saw or observed something that led him to the body. I think he reported it because he's still a human being with a heart, whatever his circumstances.

I will say, I agree with you that the vast majority of drug users and rough sleepers would want someone else to get a respectful burial. I just think most of them know the best way for the decedent to get that is for the body to get reported to the police and taken to the coroner. LE and the coroner can confirm ID, contact surviving family, and, if necessary, bury, cremate, or donate the remains for medical training purposes, which regular civilians who are living in desperate circumstances just can't do.

MOO

It's interesting that Othram and some similar labs are starting to work on more recent cases, this one isn't even a year old yet. The upside of this is that cases don't linger for years with families wondering where their loved one is, and families are more likely to be alive - and so are any suspects. The downside is that often unidentified cases are identified within a couple of years anyway, when people realise 'hey, we haven't heard from our aunt/uncle/sister/brother for a while' or when there's renewed public interest and a family member recognises them. I think there has been at least one other case where the media interest developed from a DNA Doe Project case led to the ID rather than the DNA. So I sometimes wonder if the funding is better used for old cases where there's no other realistic way to ID. Ideally, this technology gets cheaper and quicker and becomes more like a first line alternative once CODUS DNA, missing person matching and fingerprints yield nothing.

I hope for a quick ID for this Doe! At 5'0 and 117lbs she was tiny. 'Pre-60' isn't very specific especially when she was intact enough for them to see her tattoo. I'm sure Othram can bring her home to her loved ones.

ETA- the NAMUS says pre-60 but the Othram post says 'over 60'. One must be a mistake.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CosDog
Back