PA - couple hid 5 children from society

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Johnson is her UNCLE BY MARRIAGE??!!

http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_16668032

" She was living with a relative when police found her -- Sinhue Johnson, 45, her uncle by marriage, who also has been charged with child endangerment. But according to court documents, her immediate family didn't know where she was."

She was 16 years old and he was 28 years old and her Uncle by marriage... They took great pains to be hidden and to hide their children... I wonder what the Whole Story is here...

Very Dodgy Situation...

Bowers ran away from “a very chaotic household” when she was 16 and ``didn't want to be found, “attorney Ronald Gross said.

“I think, unfortunately, Mom's desire to not be found by her family impacted the children's growth,” he said. “She realizes now, ‘I should have done it differently.’”

Johnson's public defender did not return a phone message seeking comment on the case, which was first reported by The York Dispatch and York Daily Record.

Years of isolation have taken their toll on the siblings. Now living in foster homes, “some of the children suffer health and vision issues,” Ward wrote in an affidavit. “None of the children are at their expected education levels, and there are possible mental health issues.”

Since their discovery, the children have been vaccinated and the older ones have been enrolled in school.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...le-Hid-5-Children-From-Society-110945714.html

Accused of hiding 5 children from the world, York woman gives birth to a 6th

BY ELIZABETH EVANS -- The York Dispatch
Updated: 11/30/2010 03:12:23 PM EST

A woman accused, along with her boyfriend, of hiding their five children from the world has just given birth to their sixth child.

Defense attorney Ron Gross confirmed that Louann E. Bowers gave birth on Monday.

more here

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/news/ci_16742314

Oh lordy. I didn't even realize she was pregnant! Poor poor child, coming into the world into such chaos. But also a very lucky child, at least it wasn't born in a squalid rowhouse without running water or electric or heat. Which is what mom and dad had in mind for it, just like all the rest. Probably the first one of hers to be born in a hospital.

There are many and I do mean many radical so called christians in this country. Everything they do, they profess to do because they love the Lord Jesus Christ. Many crimes against women and children are hidden under the guise of Christianity. I know this because I have lived it. Many young teenagers are taken as "brides" by these so called christians and made to be brood sows and are treated as sex slaves and treated as cattle. America needs to tend to their own backyards and take these young teens away from these fanatics and give them a normal life. There is no difference in what this teen is forced to go through than what a kidnapped young girl who is forced to sex and having child after child is forced to do. God is always used as an excuse of why these "religious" men force young women into sex slavery and the resulting children's lives are sacrificed and are held in virtual slavery.
The initial article from Yahoo (see post#1) stated that they had studied over 70 religions and practiced something close to Islam, not Christianity.

Johnson is her UNCLE BY MARRIAGE??!!

http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_16668032

" She was living with a relative when police found her -- Sinhue Johnson, 45, her uncle by marriage, who also has been charged with child endangerment. But according to court documents, her immediate family didn't know where she was."

She was 16 years old and he was 28 years old and her Uncle by marriage... They took great pains to be hidden and to hide their children... I wonder what the Whole Story is here...

Very Dodgy Situation...

Her UNCLE BY MARRIAGE?? How did he keep her hidden from his wife?? Did HE also go missing at that time? OR was he living a double life somehow?? I am so confused by all of this. :waitasec:

So, just who is the father of this new child? The uncle by marriage.....and whose marriage?

I wanted to back up a bit and bring up an issue about the children. I have a feeling that many of us on board share similar views concerning child rearing, safety and even housekeeping. However, I have learned (through adoption) that children are quite resilient.

Children have been born in unheated and "squalid" environments since the beginning of time. After all, Jesus was, and he did quite well for 33 years. I'm still shaking my head over how Frank McCourt was able to write the way he did, and win the Pulitzer, after living on tea and soda bread for his entire childhood.

Granted, these children are not in great shape but let's look at each statement separately. They didn't have vaccinations. Many kids don't. Most of my grandchildren don't and never will. One of my son-in-laws doesn't. There are arguments pro and con. The children were behind intellectually. They will probably catch up. And any IQ tests or psych evals done this week are not worth the paper they are written on, IMO, as the children are in shock.

They have some health and vision related issues. No doubt they have not seen a doctor nor an optometrist. It would amaze most Americans to know how many kids never have.

I'd like to put this into perspective without minimizing these particular children's needs. When we adopted twins from Los Angeles County in 1992, they came to us at age four. They had been born at 25 weeks gestation weighing only 1 lb and 1 1/2 lbs. respectively. They had been prenatally exposed to crack cocaine, heroin, PCP, and probably a host of other substances. They were their parents' 7th and 8th children. They were abandoned at the hospital.

Our daughter was never diagnosed with cerebral palsy, autism, ID, severe vision impairment or deafness. She had no braces for her legs and no hearing aids nor glasses. She didn't even have a pair of shoes that fit. Our son had never been diagnosed as seriously mentally ill nor had he received treatment or medication for that disability. They had had no documented vaccinations but had lived in six foster homes--and high priced specialized ones at that. They were clients of the California Regional Center.

Most everyone here knows that our family became foster parents for the first time two years ago, after our 13 children were grown. It is a noble calling. I have the greatest respect for most foster parents.

My point is that even with high end foster care payments, social workers, teachers, and case managers, our children still were sorely lacking in basic care--in Los Angeles, CA. In our current economy, many children are going without. Any child mired in poverty is likely behind intellectually and suffers from some health and vision deficits. It is truly tragic but it is a fact.

I am not happy about the condition these children lived in but my biggest concern is their isolation. That can hamper their development more than anything. Unless (and this is a very big UNLESS) their mother was there for them and loved them. If she loved them and if they are bonded to one another, there is no limit to how they can blossom and grow. Consider the two men I mentioned above.

Time will tell. The story is not yet fully revealed. JMO

What will become of the newborn. I hope and pray the baby does not get stuck in a holding pattern. I would really love to see this child given a new life with a good solid family and have the chance to grow and thrive. But I am worried that the legal system will require that the child be in a holding pattern, waiting to see if reunification of the family is possible.

If they can help this family get it together and the older children WANT to reunite in healthier environment, so be it. But the newborn, that would make me sad to put him through this when he has a good chance to blossom and thrive.

Most likely the child will be placed in what is called a fost/adopt home...a home which is certified for foster care but which is willing and wanting to adopt a child placed with them, if that child becomes "legally free". This is called concurrent planning and is now mandated in all states.

The child will be assigned an attorney and will have regular court hearings so the judge can hear the progress of the child and the case. It will be up to the judge to decide when and if to terminate the parental rights for the infant (if it looks as if the mother will not be reunited with her children) and set the child on an adoption track. Sadly, I doubt that all the children are together as it's very unusual to find a family willing and able to take in a large sibling group.

We had 7 placements in less than two years (for adoption)--two are twins, four are cousins, and one little guy alone (who was separated from his birthbrothers due to their severe acting out). We parented full time for almost 5 years straight as the children are all within a 20 month age range. It was not an easy task. And then, we had nine teenagers all at the same time!!

My heart goes out to these children and their caregiving families. It's a lot to process.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawlessinvestigates
Back