Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't / couldn't DJ walk / wait with his co-worker to her Uber pick-up? Was he running late for a meet-up?

Are they 100% that he definitely made it to that spot? I know I saw that he was heading in that direction but is it possible that he could have turned and went another direction? Any other direction to walk from that small street before getting to this intersection?
Last known:
attachment.php

Are they 100% that he definitely made it to that spot? I know I saw that he was heading in that direction but is it possible that he could have turned and went another direction? Any other direction to walk from that small street before getting to this intersection?
I believe it was mentioned earlier that there was another alley that runs parallel to Penn and Fort Duquesne Blvd that goes from Barker Place to 6th Street by Giovannis Pizza named McCrea Way.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

LE stated he did not "backtrack" through Scott Place.

I thought the exact same thing when I went down to Katz Plaza. I remember looking at the side streets and thinking that no one would walk down them during the day let alone at night. They're narrow with tall buildings on either side, and they're lined with dumpsters.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Maybe he ended up in a dumpster...by the time they looked there for him it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he ended up in a dumpster...by the time they looked there for him it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack...

I thought that same thing when I first went downtown to search for him. It was was early Feb on a Sunday, and I wondered whether it would be worthwhile to go into those spaces since so much time had passed. :-(

I thought the exact same thing when I went down to Katz Plaza. I remember looking at the side streets and thinking that no one would walk down them during the day let alone at night. They're narrow with tall buildings on either side, and they're lined with dumpsters.

They should of checked the dumpsters first thing for a body...By the time they did he was probably in a landfill....

They should of checked the dumpsters first thing for a body...By the time they did he was probably in a landfill....

That's the thing though, they really had no ability to even follow up on the wellness check until Friday. I think you have to be missing for 24 hours before they can do one.

That's the thing though, they really had no ability to even follow up on the wellness check until Friday. I think you have to be missing for 24 hours before they can do one.

One of Dakota's mom's relatives, sadly, said that the family has combed through landfills. My heart breaks typing that.

I had hoped that as part of today's news conference, the police would mention why this weekend's searches are extending to the North Park, which is probably a good 10 miles from Katz.

I find it is odd that Dakota has worked very little (two years) and he is 23 years old...Did he have any problems?

I find it is odd that Dakota has worked very little (two years) and he is 23 years old...Did he have any problems?

Also at 23 / 24 years old he should have his masters...

Also at 23 / 24 years old he should have his masters...

I wouldn't make assumptions on that not knowing his home life. I graduated with my bachelor degrees, 150 credits, in six years.

I wouldn't make assumptions on that not knowing his home life. I graduated with my bachelor degrees, 150 credits, in six years.

What I am saying is he has not worked much if he wasn't going to school he should of been working...I am saying it is odd. 6 years equals masters...How well was he doing at school? Just some questions could he of been having a rough time in school?

Did you work while going to school? I did. Most do... I used to hire college kids from various colleges around Pittsburgh (usually 100 to run proof) at Allegheny Center when I first got out of college when it was Integra Bank...

I'm guessing he was a part-time student. I've wondered how things were going with his studies. Duquesne is a strict-seeming school, so it might be challenging to juggle a job and the demands of a graduate curriculum.

At the press conference, reporters asked whether he had had any arguments/disagreements with people of late. But nobody asked about his standing in his job and school.

He has his Bachelor's and was persuing his masters at Duquesne. Many people don't get their first "real" job till their 20s. How do you know he did not work prior?

He has his Bachelor's and was persuing his masters at Duquesne. Many people don't get their first "real" job till their 20s. How do you know he did not work prior?

Looked up his LinkedIN account

North Park , seems so strange to search there. It's about 10m north of where he was last seen. Maybe following a tip?

The founder of this BOMH said it is being searched because the family requested it to be searched.

What I am saying is he has not worked much if he wasn't going to school he should of been working...I am saying it is odd. 6 years equals masters...How well was he doing at school? Just some questions could he of been having a rough time in school?

Did you work while going to school? I did. Most do... I used to hire college kids from various colleges around Pittsburgh (usually 100 to run proof) at Allegheny Center when I first got out of college when it was Integra Bank...

He's had a solid work history after graduating. He has some limited work experience during undergrad. I had friends that didn't have to work in college. This seems to be the case here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member