Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding speculation that DJ may have entered in to The Encore for a meet-up then something nefarious occurred while there does not make sense. I do not expect anyone would risk discovery if something nefarious were to occur. How could they dispose without discovery? Barrel? Enclosed basket? Rolled-up carpet?

I'm not buying that scenario. If someone was planning nefarious I would not expect they would want to do so in their high-rise apartment building dwelling.

I also expect The Encore employs a decent security system, i.e.: cameras and access restrictions.

http://www.theencoreon7th.com

I believe whatever happened to DJ occurred outdoors or in a vehicle.

I apologize for being so blunt, but given what this sight is about this is a possible aspect of this case and qualifies as a valid discussion point.

Will DJ's clothing be a factor in potential recovery efforts?

Snagged? Water-logged / weighed down?

AFAIK, the Allegheny hasn't been dredged in three+ years since they stopped dredging-for-profit (sand / sediment recovery) operations.

Aerial searches of bodies of water are not entirely effective in murky / deep water. The Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio rivers each qualify as murky and deep.

The Ohio river sports a number of locks and dams along its run, they should be regular points of observation / searches:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1024px-Ohio_River_Locks_and_Dams_Navigation_System.jpg
    1024px-Ohio_River_Locks_and_Dams_Navigation_System.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 218
http://www.wtae.com/article/dakota-james-mother-criticizes-police-no-evidence-of-abduction/9081075

bbm

Mayor Bill Peduto said Wednesday that authorities have followed up on every lead they've received, but nothing has yielded results.
“We know all of the facts about where he was that evening, who he was with that evening, the condition he was in that evening, where he was traveling that evening," Peduto said. "And then, once he gets to that bridge, it all disappears."

To emphasize DJ's "condition" that evening means it may have been a significant factor in what happened to DJ.

"Once he gets to that bridge"? That's an interesting statement from the mayor.

Given that statement, are we to assume LE has video or eyewitness of DJ at the (assumed) Sixth Street Bridge?

Would LE withhold video of DJ on the bridge? If so, why?

Well, there's this tidbit:

Police also refused once again to release surveillance video of James walking through downtown in the moments before he vanished Jan. 25.

It is clear LE has no problem withholding video, so why shouldn't we assume LE could be withholding video of DJ on the bridge, especially given the fact that it was reported two weeks ago there was video showing DJ "on the bridge", that the camera was mounted on one of the buildings on FDB.

If the video recordings are from "city-owned" cameras then LE should release the videos... and by "city-owned" I mean the people of Pittsburgh, the people who pay taxes, the taxes of which a portion was used to purchase said cameras.

RELEASE THE VIDEO(S)!

I addressed this next point in an earlier post, but I want to revisit: DJ's mother accused LE of lying, specifically about DJ and his coworker and the Images bar. Once again, LE did NOT state DJ and the coworker never went to Images. I hope someone in the family or very close friends clarify this point to her because if she continues with that belief and continues stating it publicly she likely will experience additional and unnecessary suffering and cause a shift in focus in the case: it will become all about her few comments that appear to be inaccurate while her other valid comments might go unnoticed.

My bus stop is Katz plaza. My question is... Wood street T station is a couple blocks away from Katz. If the timeline was correct of Dakota being seen at Wood street at 11:49 and Katz plaza st 11:46 it would imply Dakota was walking into town and not out and towards home.

Video shows Dakota at wood streetT station at 11:49 and Katz at 11:46, indicating Dakota was walking into town, not out towards home

Dakot was on video in rear of this parking garage walking through the alley . This is the front of garage

DJ is a male... I am from the same area as the James Family, although I do not know them personally. My daughter attended the same elementary school, a year behind Dakota.

Curious.... Could DJ have left the area willingly with a friend or partner?

My mind wanders to the fact that he may have had enough of the PHG area, University and job and wanted to start over.

I've read on SM that's not his character but I think it is possible.

bbm

My mind wanders to the fact that he may have had enough of the PHG area, University and job and wanted to start over.

Would that include for DJ to stop using or to destroy his credit card(s) and abandon his bank account(s) and cell phone?

I found something interesting in Maryland court records. It could be nothing but want to point it out. Search his name on the link. I am sorry if this offends anyone or if I am totally off base.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/
His mom stated DJ didn't care for his original middle name, so he changed it as an adult. Not unusual or specious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bbm

Would that include for DJ to stop using or to destroy his credit card(s) and abandon his bank account(s) and cell phone?

I know that sounds crazy and far fetched, but yes.

There was lady that went missing within the last year from a local area, left cell phone, purse, everything, only took her car keys and wallet.

Foul play was suspected, ended up finding her in Ohio, only by a traffic stop. Her response was she wanted to get away..

Maybe I am just wishfully thinking that DJ is somewhere safe and needed a break from life.

At that age, I think really only close friends know a person. The persona someone at age 23 portrays to their family may not necessarily be true.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

At that age, I think really only close friends know a person. The persona someone at age 23 portrays to their family may not necessarily be true.

I agree. Anything is possible at this point

Was there another press conference yesterday by Mayer Peduto? I must of missed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it that Grindr will not give his information?
I think this is so important... Why won't they help this family. I think people ought to boycott using this app.

Why is it that Grindr will not give his information?
I think this is so important... Why won't they help this family. I think people ought to boycott using this app.
Perhaps they need to be subpoenaed and the police haven't done so. Or perhaps they have and Grindr is fighting it. Just my opinion.

That is the only vehicle entrance and exit of that parking garage. Or, do you mean he was on video walking through Barker's Place? I have not seen that anywhere, so please provide a link. I'd be interested in seeing it.

Dakot was on video in rear of this parking garage walking through the alley . This is the front of garage

With the rain we've been having, the rivers are high and currents are moving quickly. I walk across the Smithfiled Bridge every morning and I was amazed at how much debris was floating. If DJ did end up in the river, it might be a good time for them to search the surface and banks again.

I wonder if they've tried looking for his phone on the riverbed in the areas they've searched by the Clemente Bridge. I don't really know how metal detectors work, but would searchers have that capability? Would any data be able to be recovered from the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe