PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion if he knew how to hotwire a car (and could secure tools to do so) he would have been able to get a car his first day out.

good point but he was hiding in the bush
I just don't see how he could NOT know how to do it but there are different techniques with different vehicles so maybe he hasn't come across one that he knew how to do
he's a felon and has contact with felons who are more likely to know how to hotwire than the average joe
he's either a mechanic or at least someone who knows about cars since he killed someone who owed him money for working on their car

I just don't see how he could NOT know how to do it but there are different techniques with different vehicles so maybe he hasn't come across one that he knew how to do
he's a felon and has contact with felons who are more likely to know how to hotwire than the average joe
he's either a mechanic or at least someone who knows about cars since he killed someone who owed him money for working on their car

Can late-model cars be hotwired?
"The answer is no. Essentially, these cars work more like computers. They unlock whenever the key fob is in the vicinity, and the ignition starts with a press or turn of a button. There's no ignition lock cylinder to bypass. These changes basically rendered the entire hot-wiring process obsolete."

As we continue to proactively search and follow up on tips, residents around East Nantmeal Twp. in Chester County may still see a law enforcement presence in the area. We urge anyone with info to call the tip line at 717-562-2987.

Edited: incorrect post/wrong thread (original post about David Maynard)

Last edited:
As far as I know he's only been a convicted felon for under a month now. Yes he's been living in jail for the past 2 years, but we don't know a whole lot about his life before that. The roommate who gave interviews today seemed shocked about the fact he was a murderer. Reports seem to point to the fact his girlfriend had no idea about the murder in Brazil & broke up with him immediately. People did help him escape after the murder but for whatever reason they were granted immunity in exchange for testimony. I don't know how common that is for people with heavy records or possible criminal activity. I just think finding a car to get as far away from the prison as soon possible would have been top priority but he got stuck in Longwood.

Live

3,122 watching now Started streaming 35 minutes ago

The manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante has continued into its 12 day. Authorities are now shifting their focus several miles north of their original search zone, after police say the 34-year-old stole and work truck and ditched it in a different part of Chester County. Ride along with FOX 29's Chris O'Connell as he follows the latest developments.

As far as I know he's only been a convicted felon for under a month now. Yes he's been living in jail for the past 2 years, but we don't know a whole lot about his life before that. The roommate who gave interviews today seemed shocked about the fact he was a murderer. Reports seem to point to the fact his girlfriend had no idea about the murder in Brazil & broke up with him immediately. People did help him escape after the murder but for whatever reason they were granted immunity in exchange for testimony. I don't know how common that is for people with heavy records or possible criminal activity. I just think finding a car to get as far away from the prison as soon possible would have been top priority but he got stuck in Longwood.
The idea I got from the things I read and listened to on the news etc, was after being together for 2 years I believe- he became jealous and mean and broke it off with him and got a restraining order but the RO expired. She asked him to leave her alone and when he would not, she threatened to tell police about the brazil murder. That is when he killed her.

The idea I got from the things I read and listened to on the news etc, was after being together for 2 years I believe- he became jealous and mean and broke it off with him and got a restraining order but the RO expired. She asked him to leave her alone and when he would not, she threatened to tell police about the brazil murder. That is when he killed her.

Stabbed her 38 times In front of her two children.

Thank you, I was under the impression she had only recently found out.

The person in that live video said that Cavalcante had tried to reach several of his coworkers and acquaintances. Other than showing up on the porch of the one guy, how did he reach others. He can't have a phone right?
I’ve been wondering about that too, but now I’m leaning towards it being unlikely because even the most basic of phones would’ve required a recharge by now.

Last edited:
The person in that live video said that Cavalcante had tried to reach several of his coworkers and acquaintances. Other than showing up on the porch of the one guy, how did he reach others. He can't have a phone right?
I read, but can’t recall where, that he showed up on the doorstep of the second house and they spoke to him through a doorcam but didn’t let him in. The woman then called her friend, and then they called the police. Does anyone recall this story? So in both scenarios, the people were out when he appeared.

Live

3,122 watching now Started streaming 35 minutes ago

The manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante has continued into its 12 day. Authorities are now shifting their focus several miles north of their original search zone, after police say the 34-year-old stole and work truck and ditched it in a different part of Chester County. Ride along with FOX 29's Chris O'Connell as he follows the latest developments.
Between 8:00 - 8:06PM EST the reporter announced there were out of state FBI in the search today and specifically mentioned Virginia - anyone one else thinking Quantico?

JMO

Shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday he went to an East Pikeland Township home of a person he had worked with several years ago and asked to meet with him, police said. [...]

The homeowner, who was at dinner with his family and didn’t respond, called police after returning home and reviewing his doorbell video. Shortly after 10 p.m. Saturday, police said, Cavalcante went to the Phoenixville area home of another former work associate, who wasn’t home, police said. [...]

Last edited:
I read, but can’t recall where, that he showed up on the doorstep of the second house and they spoke to him through a doorcam but didn’t let him in. The woman then called her friend, and then they called the police. Does anyone recall this story? So in both scenarios, the people were out when he appeared.
Saturday, he was recorded at two different residences on their Ring Cameras. Hoping he didn't get help if then visited a third acquaintance and the person helped him get out of the area.

There have been no sightings of him after the 10:07 pmEST recording on the second Ring Cam....

[...]
Saturday: Cavalcante stole the van and at 9:52 p.m. local time, he went to the home of the first acquaintance where he was seen on doorbell video. He then went to the home of another old work associate at 10:07 p.m. in Phoenixville area, according to Bivens, who said authorities learned of the sightings around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
[...}

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads