GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bbm

If that is true ('narcing' is street slang for someone who rats out someone else, so it's possible DK was offered a release deal if she gave up names?) it opens the possibility DK may have been targeted for retaliation.

That begs the question: who was busted after DK narc'd and was released from jail?

Also .. were there reward dollars for narcing? ... purchase new car ... just brainstorming ...

that was brought up, and it was also said she was seenspeaking with the people she narced on, but this hasn't been confirmed..and there is just so many rumors its hard o tell which are tue, they are all plausible...there is no reward, except for getting out of trouble, I think there is something elsegoing on with the money situation

I have been following this since I first heard Devan was missing Saturday morning. Devan's mother is a childhood friend and classmate. Devan was born 2 weeks before my youngest child. This is TRAGIC!!! There are so many rumors and as a parent and friend of Devan's mother, I am overwhelmed with sorrow. I do believe foul play is involved........To clarionpa...why was it impossible for Devan's car to have been there before Saturday morning? And I was told that the gentleman Devan cared for co-signed for her to purchase the new car.

because the roads were so terrible back here until late saturday/early sunday that all wheel drive and four wheel drive cars could barely make it and were getting stuck, her type of car wouldn't have been able to make it this far back...it is another reason I don't think she brought it back herself. No one who bought that car would bring it back these roads, especially since it was brand new and you could tell how excited and proud she was to have it...I am so very sorry for your loss, and her family's and friends

There wasn't any evidence of foul play to him that he noticed or immediately stood out to him. He did not check the doors, as it was apparent that he could not help by then and he didn't want to tamper with anything in case it was a crime scene. I'm not sure how old the owners of the camp are, I haven't lived at this house for too long, and haven't met them yet, but I can find out when my boyfiend gets home. It is such a shame, I know alot of her friends and they all said she was a fun, nice person. Her mom has thanked everyone for the help searching and prayers, so I pass that info on to you all as well. As far as bad stuff being given to her, I thought of that possibility, it happened (by mistake) a few years back to a couple of people in this same area. If you think it would help or be relevant I can write down a list of the rumors and hear say that is being said around here...I just don't want to go from speculation and helpful into gossip, if that makes sense

Thanks Clarion. We best stay away from the rumor mill, as it's not allowed at WS. Keep your list tho for when you have PM priviledges. (I think after 25 posts) LOL Did Devan have family in Fisher or just a hang out place for her? I'll do a map if you know the closest crossroad to Summerville Rd. LE are going to have their hands full with this one, imo. Shakedown time.

I'm not sure how this works or if I'm posting in the right spot. This s in reference to the Devan Knapp investigation. Without trying to sound mysterious, I am not in the investigation but am close to it. These are some facts...Given what car she drives it was literally impossible for her car to be where it was until early Sunday morning or late Sat night. It was found by my boyfrind on Sunday but was not reported until Tuessday because it was in front of the gate to a camp. This is a common practice in our area to keep out atv's and trespassers (privacy gates). Summerville Dr is a/b 4 miles long with only 7 full time residents, and where she was found is past where any residents live, so until our area became aware of the make/model/color of the car she drove, it did not seem out of the ordinary for a random car to be there(that in itself scares me, but there are so many camps in the area a strange car is not out of the norm). The camp she was found at was owned by ppl from Pittsburgh, that may be why the Pitt number was on her phone(wanting to crash there?) it is also owned by a cop( that adds another question I know, I'm just giving hard core facts without speculation). She was inside her car. She was a drug addict. She did have a criminal past. She did get releasd from jail for narcing. If I think of any more concrete facts I'll add them, in closing She was a 19 yr old girl with problems, and we should all remember that, because not one of us would want your entire lives judges at 19, I know I'm light years away from who I was at 19.

Whoa.....:what::what:

If the car was found Sunday morning and Devan was in it, WHY wasn't it reported?????

The car wasn't reported until Tuesday by two strangers.

This doesn't make any sense...TIA

welcome to all new members and guests! :cheer:

Also: Social Media Reminder:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Welcome all the newbies...:seeya: FromBrookville and MammaB!!!!! Glad to have you here.

Well that makes sense. I do recall the weather now that you mentioned it. I agree things just don't add up. Something is "off" with this whole thing. I just pray the truth comes out and justice is served where necessary so that Devan's family, friends, and the community are able to find closure. It's unfortunate that the kids in this area get so caught up with drugs and alcohol.

I am assuming that the link I posted to a facebook post was removed then.

Sorry if it was not allowed, I actually saw 9inchnails talking about THAT VERY post on here & they were wising they had a link to it, so I provided one. :(

Hope this case gets solved, it would be easy to write it off as an OD.
But there were so many threats against her & the one I posted said he" hoped she'd OD because he wanted her gone." :(

I have been following this since I first heard Devan was missing Saturday morning. Devan's mother is a childhood friend and classmate. Devan was born 2 weeks before my youngest child. This is TRAGIC!!! There are so many rumors and as a parent and friend of Devan's mother, I am overwhelmed with sorrow. I do believe foul play is involved........To clarionpa...why was it impossible for Devan's car to have been there before Saturday morning? And I was told that the gentleman Devan cared for co-signed for her to purchase the new car.

I'm am so sorry for the loss of Devan. Please give our condolences to her family.

It appears there could be various motives for foul play....and quite a drug problem in the area. It's just everywhere.........:(

If she did die from an overdose, it would be very difficult to prove murder, IMO, unless someone talks. It sounds as though there isn't an apparent cause of death, or trauma, from what has been released. Her death may end up being "unsolved" as far as ever knowing what really happened, unless LE has more than they are saying.

I am assuming that the link I posted to a facebook post was removed then.

Sorry if it was not allowed, I actually saw 9inchnails talking about THAT VERY post on here & they were wising they had a link to it, so I provided one. :(

Hope this case gets solved, it would be easy to write it off as an OD.
But there were so many threats against her & the one I posted said he" hoped she'd OD because he wanted her gone." :(

Stick around....there are quite a few stipulations/rules, but WS is a "good place"....and we all are still learning! LOL

Thanks Clarion. We best stay away from the rumor mill, as it's not allowed at WS. Keep your list tho for when you have PM priviledges. (I think after 25 posts) LOL Did Devan have family in Fisher or just a hang out place for her? I'll do a map if you know the closest crossroad to Summerville Rd. LE are going to have their hands full with this one, imo. Shakedown time.

There is no family that I know of. I was told she knew the owners of the camp, so it must just be a hang out spot. The closest roads I know are the beginning of Summerville dr is turned onto off of Strattanville-Fisher Rd..it comes to across road that i'm not sure the name of, you continue on summeville dr to the cross of it and McKisson Dr., then it continues on a very little way to a t -section that I'm also not sure the name of..sorry I don't know the names of roads, this may not have been very helpful, I'll try to get them

Whoa.....:what::what:

If the car was found Sunday morning and Devan was in it, WHY wasn't it reported?????

The car wasn't reported until Tuesday by two strangers.

This doesn't make any sense...TIA

it wasn't reported because no one realized that it was the car of a missing girl until tuesday morning. It's just not unusual for a car to be sitting at the camp gates, or even along the road as people will park to hunt or scout deer, etc. Not trying to sound flippant in any way, but if the people in this small town stopped to check every car that was parked somewhere, it would be a full time job, and if the owner came back to the car as you were checking it out, they wouldn't be too happy with you. I'm sure we all may start checking more often...and I personally know we wished we would have sooner in this case:(

If she did die from an overdose, it would be very difficult to prove murder, IMO, unless someone talks. It sounds as though there isn't an apparent cause of death, or trauma, from what has been released. Her death may end up being "unsolved" as far as ever knowing what really happened, unless LE has more than they are saying.

If she was taken there (which I believe) then hopefully some kind of physical evidence can be linked to someone responsible. :please: Between waiting for tox reports and possible DNA....it will be awhile. Hoping for prints and tips.

it wasn't reported because no one realized that it was the car of a missing girl until tuesday morning. It's just not unusual for a car to be sitting at the camp gates, or even along the road as people will park to hunt or scout deer, etc. Not trying to sound flippant in any way, but if the people in this small town stopped to check every car that was parked somewhere, it would be a full time job, and if the owner came back to the car as you were checking it out, they wouldn't be too happy with you. I'm sure we all may start checking more often...and I personally know we wished we would have sooner in this case:(

Thank you for the clarification. I understand the "out in the country/small town"; I was raised and still live in one.

So I gather, your friend "saw" the car but was not close enough to see "Devan"? Must not have connected the dots from the news stories about the missing teenager and her new car. So sad.

Thank you for the clarification. I understand the "out in the country/small town"; I was raised and still live in one.

So I gather, your friend "saw" the car but was not close enough to see "Devan"? Must not have connected the dots from the news stories about the missing teenager and her new car. So sad.

on sunday he saw the car from a fourwheeler trail/road. At that time he did not stop. we hadn't seen the news or facebook all weekend, so we had no idea at that time. he checked on tuesday as soon as he found out and reported it. We just found out that some loggers near by reported it too. They were allowed to continue logging that day and all week, so I'm surmising the police didn't think the nearby surrounding woods held any clues...

There is no family that I know of. I was told she knew the owners of the camp, so it must just be a hang out spot. The closest roads I know are the beginning of Summerville dr is turned onto off of Strattanville-Fisher Rd..it comes to across road that i'm not sure the name of, you continue on summeville dr to the cross of it and McKisson Dr., then it continues on a very little way to a t -section that I'm also not sure the name of..sorry I don't know the names of roads, this may not have been very helpful, I'll try to get them

the 1st cross road is wilcox

MSM often report things that are considered straight away as fact, but they often get it wrong as we have seen in many cases. The majority of the time this happens it is down to lazy journalism.
Often, they report things that are irrelevant to the case, Devan's criminal history really didn't have to be mentioned. Hatchet journalism.

Can any of the locals suggest who is the 'most' reputable of the local media that is covering this story?

ETA Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babycakes15
Back