GUILTY PA - Devan Knapp, 19, Brookville, 11 Jan 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes I caught that comment. I also caught the names on the FB page you posted early. Devan was "friends" with KM, but I can't find any posts on his site. If you go to LO's you can find alot of connections with others. It's so sad... LO's son, ZO, just committed suicide this past July and he and Devan were apparently pretty close.

Sounds like this whole community has been turned upside down lately. Hope LE can get to the bottom of it.

I certainly want to know if she did know the owners of that camp. If she was taken there, then the perp would have known the connection between them as well. JMO, but if messing with heroin, there had to be a connection to P'burg, State college or some place larger. She was in the "thick" of everything and caught in the middle. Too young, too vunerable, and too visible.

Does anyone know if she had a lawyer with the case of the beating in May? TIA

The ZO you are talking about lost his life in July 2010, not this past July. All the people being mentioned earlier are all connected in some way or another. Most of which is drug related. There have been many drug overdoes in this area, but it is kept hush hush, like it is shamefull sin. It is my hope that with the loss of DK that our community gets some help and these young people are given a chance at a clean life. I have come across other information into DK's death but unsure if I can share the the information on here but but it scares me to know that this going on and no one wants to call this information and people involved out. It is nice to get on here and read all the information, opinions, and thoughts of others, I just hope that this terrible experience is not an example of whats to come for the children of this area.

Mother from Brookville - I don't know if you are allowed to post your information on her or not. But I am very concerned with these things going on in our area. You are right about things being kept hush hush, three deaths here in Clarion County and not a word said, just swept under the rug. I think parents and the community need to be aware of face reality that we have a drug problem in our area.

I am concerned with the case of DK, I've heard rumors and it sounds scary like there were high level criminals involved. If you can share that would be great. I'm in Shippenville on the other side of Clarion County so I don't know anyone from Brookville really but it's bad here in Clarion Co.

If you can share it would be greatly appreciated.

Why was this girl hated so badly?

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bull*hit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”
Jim Morrison quotes

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/my_vocation_is_more_in_composition_really_than/253059.html

I have come across other information into DK's death but unsure if I can share the the information on here but but it scares me to know that this going on and no one wants to call this information and people involved out.

You can relay it in a way that indicates a question towards, or opinion on, what might have happened rather than a statement of fact and/or rumor that can't be verified.

For example, if someone told you 'A' occurred you could say, 'Though I can't confirm it, I am being led to believe that 'A' happened, IMO' or something along those lines.

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bull*hit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”
Jim Morrison quotes

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/my_vocation_is_more_in_composition_really_than/253059.html

Jim Morrison was a brillant song writer and performer, but he bartered his pain as well in his addiction of heroin in trying to deal with it...that also ended with an deadly overdose. It's ok to acknowledge the emotional hurt of pain, but I don't think he was on the road to make the right decisions to handle it. JMO

If another person or persons had been at the site where DK and her car were found, wouldn't there have been tracks left behind? Based on the description of the area and that the road had been impassable due to either snow or heavy rains (not sure what the weather event was), wouldn't the ground be pretty soggy making someone elses presence fairly visible? Either tire tracks, footprints or both?

You would think, but is it possible the tracks were in the snow and they melted away? Let's hope if there was another car there, they got the prints.

I wondered about tracks too. It was unseasonably warm in this area when DK disappeared, in the high 50's and 60's with a lot of rain earlier in the week and all the snow melted.

The police are not really releasing any information at all. My husband pointed out IF there is suspected foul play the police want to keep all details confidential in hopes that someone involved would "slip" and reveal something that was not public knowledge.

The link didn't open. I did look up the obituary manually at www.thecourierexpress.com. There is also a letter from the editors of the Jeffersonian Democrat and an article that the investigation is ongoing and contact police with any information.

DK's obituary was published again today...as was the update on the investigation included in this link.

bnhttp://www.thecourierexpress.com/jdemocrat/jdemocratlocal/991193-349/investigation-continues-into-the-death-of-brookville.html

Thanks for this.
What I find interesting is that in this 2. obituary her day of death listed as 15. January.
Devan Cathlene Knapp, 19, McElhinny Avenue, Brookville, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. http://www.thecourierexpress.com/jdemocrat/jdemocratobit/991197-380/devan-cathlene-knapp.html
In theory at the time of submitting this 2. ad her autopsy was completed, and the approximate time of death would have been known to the ME and therefor probably to her family too.

There are several possibilities:
- this is the day of death relayed to them by the ME's office
- this is the day they went with, because this is when she was found, and the ME's office hasn't informed them otherwise
-this is the day they used because they were asked not to release the real date of her death to protect the integrity of the investigation

It would be interesting to know which one is the case.

Regarding the obituary that was published today it is the same obituary that was previously published. The newspaper it was posted in today is The Jeffersonian Democrat. The Jeffersonian Democrat is only published once a week on Wednesdays. Last Wednesday DK's obituary wasn't available so it wasn't printed in The Democrat until today.

Can anyone clarify something for me? The reports indicated her cell ping was from Fisher area on Monday(14th) and they sent track and search out. She wasn't discovered until tuesday(15th) even though her car was seen parked at the camp on Sunday morning. Was the track and search team being sent out on Monday a rumor also.... if not, where did the ping from her phone send them searching in Fisher from where she was found the following day?
Although someone had said in an earlier post that her cell being found somewhere "away" from her was a rumor.

Can anyone clarify something for me? The reports indicated her cell ping was from Fisher area on Monday(14th) and they sent track and search out. She wasn't discovered until tuesday(15th) even though her car was seen parked at the camp on Sunday morning. Was the track and search team being sent out on Monday a rumor also.... if not, where did the ping from her phone send them searching in Fisher from where she was found the following day?
Although someone had said in an earlier post that her cell being found somewhere "away" from her was a rumor.

Searching did take place that Monday but, AFAIK, DK's *exact* location was not determined via cell site communication pings, nor via GPS data from her phone.

That info led the search team to the Fisher area, but not directly to DK('s cell phone).

Armed only with ping data, the best LE can do is determine to which cell site(s) a cell phone had connected and then search outward from the cell site(s).

If signal level data is included, it might aid in determining a best direction, that is assuming you are able to determine how the signal was affected by terrain (topography), weather, movement, etc.

Computer apps are available to process ping data to determine most-likely positioning.

GPS locating is an entirely different animal, and brings with it its own complexities.

Using GPS, you can pinpoint a location to within yards, but only if the cell phone contains a GPS chip (most cell phones manufactured today contain a GPS chip) and the GPS is enabled (both on the phone and with the Carrier).

Even then, the cell phone must have a feature or an installed active app that sends the GPS data to the Carrier and the Carrier makes it accessible to tracking software. Example: http://www.accutracking.com/

R.I.P Devan.........May the truth be bought out, i to believe there was foul play and to the ones who mention the post concerning km,bm and km girlfriend i to read those it sickin his son to read! said he took the post to police but they seemed to care less so he posted for everyone to read and see just what kind of people they were and km wanted her to od and make it real they did want her gone!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back