PA - Diana Ramos, 66, Flight attendant found deceased in hotel room, Philadelphia, Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TTF14

Reaction score
A woman who was found dead in a Philadelphia hotel room on Monday with a sock in her mouth has been identified as Diana Ramos, the Philadelphia Police Department announced Thursday.

Ramos, 66, an American Airlines flight attendant, was found by housekeepers on Monday evening at a Marriott hotel at the Philadelphia airport.

Local media:
According to Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small, officers were called to the Philadelphia Airport Marriott at 1 Arrival Road at about 10:41 p.m. on Monday after the body of a 66-year-old woman was discovered in a hotel room.

[...]

Small told NBC10 that officials are investigating the incident as a suspicious death, though he said, Ramos was believed to have suffered a "sudden death" and there were no signs of forced entry into the hotel room.

Also, she was "on several medications," according to Small.

You'd think there would be a bevy of CCTV at that hotel.
Hopefully! It's possible her crew didn't know her well or even kinda forgot about her being a "no show" by the time the landed at their next destination. Or each one thought the other one was going to look into it.... they probably didn't spend all that much time waiting for her and thought she'd get the next shuttle bus or an Uber or something? Maybe even by the time they were able to get someone to look into it, it was already Monday.

Assuming we will get a bit more info as the investigation continues...
I guess no one heard anything -- or LE isn't saying -- or her room had no other guests in close-by rooms. Most motel rooms aren't the quietest places, no sound-proof rooms, etc. -- even at the Marriott. Two days without cleaning or making up the room? Did she have a "do not disturb" sign on her outside doorknob?
Since she was a FA, I'm guessing she was friendly. Hoping some of the FAs knew her and could help point LE in helpful ways to start looking for the who-dun-it.
If this was a murder (certainly appears to be one), did she know the person; was it a food delivery to her room; a "friend" or relative came for a visit; a co-worker?
Hoping for more details.
Just SMH, as we always do... :(

This Hotel is directly connected to the PIA concourse(?) you don’t even have to go outside to enter after you leave the exit doors from flight arrivals. There are def tons of cameras and believe on the floors of the hotel also.

WHO stuffs a sock in their own mouth?

Assuming we will get a bit more info as the investigation continues...
I guess no one heard anything -- or LE isn't saying -- or her room had no other guests in close-by rooms. Most motel rooms aren't the quietest places, no sound-proof rooms, etc. -- even at the Marriott. Two days without cleaning or making up the room? Did she have a "do not disturb" sign on her outside doorknob?
Since she was a FA, I'm guessing she was friendly. Hoping some of the FAs knew her and could help point LE in helpful ways to start looking for the who-dun-it.
If this was a murder (certainly appears to be one), did she know the person; was it a food delivery to her room; a "friend" or relative came for a visit; a co-worker?
Or a maintenance worker for the building, as was the case with Miya Marcano?

“Upon reaching their gate and realising that one of the flight attendants wasn’t at the gate, the crew notified the gate agents they were missing a crew member and one of the crew members [said] that as far as they know, another crew member tried to call the hotel twice to get them to check on the missing crew member.”

This Hotel is directly connected to the PIA concourse(?) you don’t even have to go outside to enter after you leave the exit doors from flight arrivals. There are def tons of cameras and believe on the floors of the hotel also.

WHO stuffs a sock in their own mouth?
Honestly, I think self-harm is a sad possibility. Of course, that is not anything but a possibility, not a fact, imo only.

jmo

“Upon reaching their gate and realising that one of the flight attendants wasn’t at the gate, the crew notified the gate agents they were missing a crew member and one of the crew members [said] that as far as they know, another crew member tried to call the hotel twice to get them to check on the missing crew member.”
That's a big WTH if the hotel did not check her room -- even if there may have been a Do Not Disturb sign on the door (no idea if a D-N-D sign was on her door, just a thought). At least the front desk personnel could have called her in her room. And if they did call and got no answer, they should have gone to her room.

If there had been a D-N-D sign on her door while she was there, that might account why attendants did not go into her room... BUT if the airline requested it, IMO they should have checked, or knocked on her door. At least they could have called her room phone. Medical problems, a fall, etc., can happen to occupants, so seems to me a room check would not be that big a deal...
Obviously I do not know what hotel attendants are allowed to do... If they legally could not do any of the above (unlikely IMO), then they should have called their own security staff -- failing that, call LE. JMO.

That's a big WTH if the hotel did not check her room -- even if there may have been a Do Not Disturb sign on the door (no idea if a D-N-D sign was on her door, just a thought). At least the front desk personnel could have called her in her room. And if they did call and got no answer, they should have gone to her room.

If there had been a D-N-D sign on her door while she was there, that might account why attendants did not go into her room... BUT if the airline requested it, IMO they should have checked, or knocked on her door. At least they could have called her room phone. Medical problems, a fall, etc., can happen to occupants, so seems to me a room check would not be that big a deal...
Obviously I do not know what hotel attendants are allowed to do... If they legally could not do any of the above (unlikely IMO), then they should have called their own security staff -- failing that, call LE. JMO.
usually when you check in, you have a check out date....

The PHL Marriott on Google Maps:
Edit: PHL on OSM:

American (AA) uses Terminals A-East, B and C.

Last edited:
A woman who was found dead in a Philadelphia hotel room on Monday with a sock in her mouth has been identified as Diana Ramos, the Philadelphia Police Department announced Thursday.

Ramos, 66, an American Airlines flight attendant, was found by housekeepers on Monday evening at a Marriott hotel at the Philadelphia airport.

Thank you, @TTF14 for opening a thread about this since DR has been identified now. I first read about this in people the previous day prior to her being identified.

Updated on September 27, 2023 11:39AM

A no show flight crew member is not taken lightly. Each crew member is an important member needed for flight that day.

A sock in the mouth appears to show someone else in the room?
Rebecca Zahau had a t-shirt stuffed in her mouth, when she was found. :(

Even with a do not disturb sign on the door, if she was due to check out a certain date, you’d think the hotel would have checked on her.

Something isn't right with this, imo.

All speculation.

People generated another article dated Sep 29, 2023, not much info, other than DR's SIL hadn't heard from DR since her brother passed away in 2021. It's still worth the read, its a short read. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic
Back