DNA Solves
DNA Solves

NM2NY

Reaction score
InstinctDinoDiz-e1571877230383.jpg

dino-dizdarevic-1.jpg

DizdarevicOUT.jpg
Dino_Dizdarevic_insert_courtesy_Facebook.jpg

CASE: MEDIA RELEASE #: 1838, HOMICIDE VICTIM: DINO DIZDAREVIC - CHESTER, DELAWARE COUNTY,

A mystery in Philadelphia

Help solve the Chester, PA murder of Dino Dizdarevic

Refugee from Bosnia ID'd as Chester murder victim

Celebrating Dino Dizdarevic

Attachments

Dino was 25, a chemical engineer with a bright future. On the night of April 30, he traveled to Chester, Penn. after meeting a man on a dating site.

CASE: MEDIA RELEASE #: 1838, HOMICIDE VICTIM: DINO DIZDAREVIC - CHESTER, DELAWARE COUNTY

InstinctDinoDiz-e1571877230383.jpg

dino-dizdarevic-1.jpg
DizdarevicOUT.jpg
Dino_Dizdarevic_insert_courtesy_Facebook.jpg

CASE: MEDIA RELEASE #: 1838, HOMICIDE VICTIM: DINO DIZDAREVIC - CHESTER, DELAWARE COUNTY,

A mystery in Philadelphia

Refugee from Bosnia ID'd as Chester murder victim

(The file upload are just my notes and a potential theory)

Why hasn't local LE or the county prosecutor looked into the contacts and info found on his cell phone?

Two of Dizdarevic’s friends, Kentucky resident Thomas Carrier and Philadelphia resident Mike Hollinshead, worked with McBee to tap into Dizdarevic’s Adam4Adam account. They quickly identified and tracked down the name, address and phone number of the man Dizdarevic met on the hookup site and turned over the information to police the day after Dizdarevic traveled to Chester.

“I called and left two messages to ask if they got the information I found and was given to them,” said Carrier. “They never returned my calls.”

It's been 6 years since his murder and the killer he met with can be identified from his cell phone, right?

Also wondering if Dino's family or friends have contacted the congressperson for that district, since it appears his murder may be a federal hate crime

Pennsylvania’s 5th Congressional District - PA-05 Representatives & District Map - GovTrack.us

Last edited:
Posted: May 6, 2014
Man found beaten to death in Chester was Bosnian refugee
VVKZ75PT75C4DLBIE5M32XAWXA.jpg

FACEBOOK
UNA DIZDAREVIC'S world came to a screeching halt at 1:13 p.m. Thursday as she sat in a Kentucky airport waiting for her charismatic, bright-eyed big brother to get off a plane from Philadelphia.

It was Derby weekend, and Dino Dizdarevic, 25 - the life of the party - had friends to catch up with and outings to attend. So when he never arrived, Una, 22, knew something was horribly wrong.

"That's when I realized he was missing, because he wouldn't do that to anybody," Una said yesterday. "He would have let somebody know."

Her feeling was dead-on: Law-enforcement sources said Dizdarevic's body was found partially clothed and beaten unrecognizable in a weeded alley on Parker Street near 9th in Chester about 7 that morning.

Dino Dizdarevic, whose family had fled to Kentucky from Banja Luka, Bosnia, in 1995 as war refugees, had no wallet when he was found. It wasn't until he was reported missing to Philadelphia police over the weekend that cops in Chester were able to identify his body.

Just what drew the handsome, raven-haired chemical engineer - who moved from Louisville to a North Philly loft with his boyfriend in August - to the gritty town 18 miles south is a mystery. Neither his sister nor his boyfriend of nearly two years, Nick McBee, could imagine why he'd go to Chester, where both said he'd never been before.''

''What's clear is that Dizdarevic's killing has torn apart lives and crushed his and McBee's dreams of marrying, buying a house in Philly - where Una said her brother wanted to move because of his favorite TV show, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" - and someday adopting kids.

Those dreams seemed within reach the last time McBee spoke with Dizdarevic. Both had just received good news - McBee, a job offer to work as a flight attendant; and Dizdarevic, a positive review at Stepan Co., a chemical firm in Fieldsboro, Burlington County, N.J., where he worked.''

Delaware County has a new DA since the passing of Dino - With similar family immigration roots. Maybe he will look at the case with new eyes?

Jack Whelan, Delaware County DA: Dino Dizdarevic's phone not yet accessed

Judge John J. Whelan - Delaware County Court of Common Pleas

District Attorney Jack Stollsteimer Takes Office Jan. 6 and Implements Reforms
https://www.delcopa.gov/publicrelations/releases/2020/dastollsteimer.html
Jack Stollsteimer - Delco
"Jack’s mother Henrietta was born in Soviet Ukraine and was detained during World War II in a Nazi slave labor camp. After the war, Henrietta and her family lived homeless on the streets of war-ravaged Europe until they immigrated to America. They settled in the City of Chester in 1951 and began their lives as free people."

Contact The Delaware County DA, Jack Stollsteimer

Yes, welcome @NM2NY!

JMO, this looks like a situation where criminals use these dating apps to lure unsuspecting people in order to assault and rob them. This time, it may have included a murderous hate crime against a gay man. Some questions I have, if any of Dino's friends can answer for us:

When the cab driver dropped Dino off, did he see anyone? Was Dino dropped off at the same location where his body was found? Did the driver see if he went to a building or meet someone in their car, etc. at that location?

It sounds like a very violent crime, Dino probably fought so perhaps the killer was also injured. Was there any DNA from the killer at the crime scene?

How much time elapsed between the time Dino was dropped off and the discovery of his body? Was he killed where he was found?

Dino's friends were able to use his phone to identify the individual who arranged to meet him via the dating app. Was that person from the Chester, PA neighborhood? Had they been using the dating app very long to meet other people? Were there any other people who met this person via the app?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Yes, welcome @NM2NY!

JMO, this looks like a situation where criminals use these dating apps to lure unsuspecting people in order to assault and rob them. This time, it may have included a murderous hate crime against a gay man. Some questions I have, if any of Dino's friends can answer for us:

When the cab driver dropped Dino off, did he see anyone? Was Dino dropped off at the same location where his body was found? Did the driver see if he went to a building or meet someone in their car, etc. at that location?

It sounds like a very violent crime, Dino probably fought so perhaps the killer was also injured. Was there any DNA from the killer at the crime scene?

How much time elapsed between the time Dino was dropped off and the discovery of his body? Was he killed where he was found?

Dino's friends were able to use his phone to identify the individual who arranged to meet him via the dating app. Was that person from the Chester, PA neighborhood? Had they been using the dating app very long to meet other people? Were there any other people who met this person via the app?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

After reviewing one of the coverages, it appears Dino was dropped off by the driver at the yellow circle (because there is a playground there). His body was found at the end of a staircase in the blue circle (building image included).

Btw: I have reached out to the manager of his Family and Friends Facebook page (link included) to let them know of this post and his mom reached out to me. Its awful a mother has to spend a Mothers Day without her child.

"Hello Joshua, this is Dino's mom. Thank you for message on Dino's page. Today is very heart aching day. Every day is but specially today. Miss my baby. I hope case will be solved and responsible people will be punished. Thank you for your support, because we are really on our own. We need help, but all doors are closed. Thank you again and hope you get this message."

Attachments

• by default 2020-05-11 at 5.30.55 PM.png
    by default 2020-05-11 at 5.30.55 PM.png
    906.8 KB · Views: 13
  • by default 2020-05-11 at 5.31.21 PM.png
    by default 2020-05-11 at 5.31.21 PM.png
    659.9 KB · Views: 7
Just noting..
Three Bucks Residents Who Allegedly Beat Gay Couple Surrender to Police
''Sept 24, 2014
The three Bucks County residents who have been charged with their involvement in an alleged attack on a gay couple earlier this month have turned themselves into police, according to reports.

The Bucks County Courier Times reported that Philip Williams, 24, Kevin Harrigan, 26, and Kathryn Knott, 24, turned themselves in Wednesday morning. The publication also reports that Knott is the daughter of Chalfont Police Chief Karl Knott.''

Transgender Woman Assaulted, Killed By 5 Men In Philadelphia: Report
''Oct 7, 2015
Civil rights communities across the nation are in uproar after a transgender woman was assaulted by at least five men and killed in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.

Keisha Jenkins, 22, was walking along the 1300 block of Wingohocking and Logan in North Philly at about 2:30 a.m., police said, when she was set upon by her attackers.''

rbbm.
Adam4Adam - Wikipedia
''Crime

In October 2006, New York City-area media including The New York Times and WCBS-TV reported that Adam4Adam was the focus of a conspiracy to find gay men online to rob. A number of men in New York City used the site to lure a Brooklyn man to a remote area where he was robbed and murdered. The men were found when one user was identified via his screenname.[12][13][14][15]

Many news sources reported similar occurrences in the Washington Metropolitan Area. In discussing the case of a perpetrator of multiple robberies in that region, a Washington, D.C. police officer from that police force's Gay & Lesbian Liaison Unit said "We've definitely seen an increase in online dating crimes in the past five years" and added that victims of internet dating crimes are "overwhelmingly men cruising for sex."[16]

The same police officer also noted that these criminals are often technologically savvy and create profiles using fake information and other people's photos from cyber cafés or public libraries, making them difficult to trace.[16]

A high-profile April 2010 murder investigation in the Washington, D.C., area revealed that the victim, a high school principal, met his assailants through adam4adam.com.[17]

In reporting on the murder of a 39-year-old San Diego man by a 19-year-old U.S. Marine, an editorial in the Gay and Lesbian Times said that the victim:

was an avid user of adam4adam.com, a popular gay chat and hook-up Web site
. Instincts told us that the victim may have met his killer online and invited him into his Little Italy apartment, where he ultimately met his fate.[18]

Outing
Adam4Adam has also been used to "out" people who have otherwise kept their sexual orientation somewhat secret.

The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network warned United States military personnel in 2004 that online profiles on Adam4Adam and similar sites were a violation of the “Don’t ask, don’t tell” policy, and that in some cases online profiles were being used as evidence in outing service members to military command.[19]

According to the Gay and Lesbian Times:

In many cases it’s either a jilted ex-lover, a roommate or friend who is upset about something who knows that the service member has the online ad or profile and they then print out that profile and give it to the command.[19]''

Just noting..
Three Bucks Residents Who Allegedly Beat Gay Couple Surrender to Police
''Sept 24, 2014
The three Bucks County residents who have been charged with their involvement in an alleged attack on a gay couple earlier this month have turned themselves into police, according to reports.

The Bucks County Courier Times reported that Philip Williams, 24, Kevin Harrigan, 26, and Kathryn Knott, 24, turned themselves in Wednesday morning. The publication also reports that Knott is the daughter of Chalfont Police Chief Karl Knott.''

Transgender Woman Assaulted, Killed By 5 Men In Philadelphia: Report
''Oct 7, 2015
Civil rights communities across the nation are in uproar after a transgender woman was assaulted by at least five men and killed in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.

Keisha Jenkins, 22, was walking along the 1300 block of Wingohocking and Logan in North Philly at about 2:30 a.m., police said, when she was set upon by her attackers.''

This is very interesting. I also checked into a similar case. The case of Scott Bernheisel, a year after Dino's.

Guilty plea in slaying of man; body found in suitcase near airport

Intriguing Case of Sex, Drugs, Love, and Murder Which We Intend to Win on a Solid Self-Defense Theory

The map I've attached shows where:
Scott Lived: Red Circle
Scott's body found: Blue Circle

Dino Lived: Green Circle
Dino's body found: Purple Circle

Also, just a thought.

Attachments

• by default 2020-05-11 at 6.05.57 PM.png
    by default 2020-05-11 at 6.05.57 PM.png
    913.7 KB · Views: 13
This is very interesting. I also checked into a similar case. The case of Scott Bernheisel, a year after Dino's.

Guilty plea in slaying of man; body found in suitcase near airport

Intriguing Case of Sex, Drugs, Love, and Murder Which We Intend to Win on a Solid Self-Defense Theory

The map I've attached shows where:
Scott Lived: Red Circle
Scott's body found: Blue Circle

Dino Lived: Green Circle
Dino's body found: Purple Circle

Also, just a thought.
Ws thread..
GUILTY - PA - Scott Bernheisel, 40, slain, stuffed in suitcase, Philadelphia, 14 May 2015

OMG, this guy went down to Chester at night. Obviously, he had no idea what he was walking into. You don't go down there at night. If you look in the archives, you will find a few stories. like the woman at the Howard Johnsons, and another kid shot at Wallios bar, and another missing guy found weeks later (one of the smiley fase stories) just outside that area, where they never found the killers. No person, gay or straight, should be walking down there at night. Very dangerous town, especially in the summer.

OMG, this guy went down to Chester at night. Obviously, he had no idea what he was walking into. You don't go down there at night. If you look in the archives, you will find a few stories. like the woman at the Howard Johnsons, and another kid shot at Wallios bar, and another missing guy found weeks later (one of the smiley fase stories) just outside that area, where they never found the killers. No person, gay or straight, should be walking down there at night. Very dangerous town, especially in the summer.

Yes, dotr, they found the murderers of Scott's case but I am curious whether they were questioned about Dino's case. I just hope that his lifestyle wasnt a factor in the cold case.

TMAN2014, .... Youre right and 2014 was awful for murders in Chester:

"The year 2014 will go down as one of the deadliest in Delaware County history.

If the numbers hold until midnight, 49 people will have lost their lives at the hand of another in the county in 2014, breaking the previous record of 44 homicides set back in 2005, according to Daily Times archives."

Homicide count in Delco reaches all-time high

Chester is 10 minutes up the road for me. I worked at the hospital bordering Chester. I even went to high school in the area. It is a shame when you don't know an area, and you wander into a trap, lured by these social apps. There is no doubt this guy got set up.

Chester is 10 minutes up the road for me. I worked at the hospital bordering Chester. I even went to high school in the area. It is a shame when you don't know an area, and you wander into a trap, lured by these social apps. There is no doubt this guy got set up.

He, indeed, may just not have know the area or to be on high alert. I mean, he was dropped off by the driver around a school with playground. What is more safe than a school playground? Its just very interesting that it hasnt been solved. Brenda Lewis, unofficial crime watch dog of the area was also interviewed. She said that she was on the look out, always, and didnt hear anything disturbing that night.

Last edited:
They probably have so many murders and don't have enough resources.

What is more safe than a school playground? Wow ummm, I don't know how to reply to that. Keep in mind, this poor guy basically was in the badlands. There are no safe areas. I could tell you some personal stories about playgrounds, but too off topic.

Why hasn't local LE or the county prosecutor looked into the contacts and info found on his cell phone?

It's been 6 years since his murder and the killer he met with can be identified from his cell phone, right?

Also wondering if Dino's family or friends have contacted the congressperson for that district, since it appears his murder may be a federal hate crime

Pennsylvania’s 5th Congressional District - PA-05 Representatives & District Map - GovTrack.us

I reached out to the current DA of Delaware County to see if the case is still active and this was the response.

"In answer to your question: yes, the murder of Dino Dizdarevic is still under active investigation.
Regards,
Jack Stollsteimer
Delaware County District Attorney"

Maybe since there is a new DA, the case will be reevaluated.

Seems like in 2014 PA had several attacks on men after making date arrangements. imo.
June 10, 2014

Man Arrested in Gay Dating App Rape, Robbery
''Philadelphia Police have arrested the man they say raped, beat and robbed a tourist after the two men met on the popular gay dating and hookup app Grindr.

Twenty-six-year-old Douglass Spady, a.k.a. Douglass Casey, of the 5200 block of Cottage Street, was arrested Sunday and is facing a slew of charges, including deviant sexual intercourse and kidnapping for ransom in connection with the April 9 attack at the Hilton Home 2 Suites on 12th and Arch Streets.

Spady allegedly pulled a gun on a 34-year-old Canadian man, in his hotel room, and raped him.

The victim, who was visiting Philadelphia to take part in an education conference, told NBC10.com that he invited the suspect over to his room after they met on Grindr''.

Dino is referenced in this blog..
Grindr Sucks Rant Blog: Death by Grindr: Is It the New Killer App?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back