Deceased/Not Found PA - Elizabeth “Beth” Capaldi, 55, last seen by husband, phone & car left behind, Sellersville, Bucks Co, 10 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m still hung up on the part that her daughter had to report her missing 2-3 days later. If hubby was concerned for her welfare or even upset that the cash was taken, I think that contacting the authorities would have been a priority, especially since it’s way out of character for her.
not sure what to make of that... and now I am thinking now and then about:

Sarah Stern: Childhood Friend Murdered Teen, Threw Body ...​

a woman killed by friends who knew she had a cash inheritance and they wanted it. she completely trusted them and they knew where her $ was hidden. so maybe foul play...

This information about the cash seems suspect, in my view.
How much cash is usually kept in the home? Is it a joint endeavor to add to the at-home cash box or does most of the money come from one side or the other? Does the couple keep checking and savings accounts as well? (Most people have to use a bank for certain payments)

Can the daughter verify the couple kept a lot of cash at home? She would likely know.

And what were the “few personal belongings” Beth took with her? Some clothing? Personal documents or passport? For a woman who is a homebody, leaving home on foot, with the intention to never return, would be intimidating.
And to say nothing about any of this to her child?

Doesn’t sound believable, does it?

Last edited:
This information about the cash seems suspect, in my view.
How much cash is usually kept in the home? Is it a joint endeavor to add to the at-home cash box or does most of the money come from one side or the other? Does the couple keep checking and savings accounts as well? (Most people have to use a bank for certain payments)

Can the daughter verify the couple kept a lot of cash at home? She would likely know.

And what were the “few personal belongings” she took with her? Some clothing? Personal documents or passport? For a woman who is a homebody, leaving home on foot, with the intention to never return, would be intimidating.
And to say nothing about any of this to her child?

Doesn’t sound believable, does it?
It sounds unlikely but I do know some people who "always wanted to go to X place" and faced with dying relatives, some one might have a "well, it's now or never" moment.

If she lived in this neighborhood for years, I also find it odd that no one saw her in the yard, or putting out garbage or off for an errand. And lastly I find it odd that she was so distant from her family- a lot of people who do not physically see each other "check in" via text or email or something, but it was only 48 hrs, so...

Bucks County

Circumstances of Disappearance:
An adult woman has not been seen nor heard from since October 10, 2022 (possibly the evening of October 9, 2022). She left her vehicle, electronics and other personal items behind. Per her husband, there is $13,000.00 in cash missing from the residence.

Tattoo - Center of Upper Back - Multi Color Skull with Flowers
Tattoo - Outside of (Right) Ankle - Chinese Symbol

VERY curious to me that there would be that kind of cash around the house; that definitely seems like it'd be out of the ordinary for a place like Sellersville, where the median household income is just shy of $70k (SOURCE)

Some possible explanations that spring to mind:

Recent bank withdrawal:
Under the Bank Secrecy Act, banks must file a "Suspicious Activity Report" whenever a single withdrawal over $10,000 is made -- it's a federal law that's meant to help detect money laundering -- and most ATMs don't allow withdrawals over $5,000.

Recent vehicle sale:
$13,000 would be a fair price for many used cars these days, and many sellers prefer cash over dealing with personal checks or cashiers checks. Maybe they sold a vehicle recently and hadn't gotten a chance to deposit the cash yet?

Hobby income:
If Beth or her husband had a "side hustle" that involved local, in-person transactions (craft fairs, farmers markets, etc), that could be a reason for having that much cash around.

Secret nest egg:
Some common advice I've heard for women in abusive relationships is to tuck away a couple dollars here or there, taking out an extra $20 when you get groceries, for instance -- until you have enough to make a clean break from the situation. But then how would the husband have known the amount?

I heard the press conference this afternoon. It was brief and not much info was to be had or shared. Mrs Capaldi has been missing for over 2 weeks now. The one thing we do know is that her wallet is missing. I'm not sure if that means anything. At this time wouldn't bank transactions have been looked at?
I would imagine bank transactions would be looked at by now, at least I hope so. What is kind of weird to me is that the wallet is missing but the cell phone was left, or rather found at home. Today no one really seems to go anywhere without their cell phone. A cell phone today seems to hold the same importance (or even more than) as a wallet.

$13,000.00 is missing? That's a lot of cash.
What an odd amount. And who keeps that kind of cash in the house? It doesn't say there was a safe. Just missing from the residence. Stuffed in a mattress like people did during the Depression? Not sure if I'm believing the husband.

On another note - would be nice if whoever entered her into NamUs would have added her picture.

Just started reading here - not sure what to make of this. What's the general consensus? Did she decide it was time to see the world, so she took some cash, her wallet, and went on an adventure?

Did anyone see her leave? Does anyone in the area of her house have CCTV?

Just started reading here - not sure what to make of this. What's the general consensus? Did she decide it was time to see the world, so she took some cash, her wallet, and went on an adventure?

Did anyone see her leave? Does anyone in the area of her house have CCTV?
I think if there was any evidence of her taking off, the DA wouldn't have held that press conference.

We don't know much of anything at this point, which is frustrating. I think this is a murder investigation though.

I didn't see the press conference, was it confirmed by LE that she left with $13,000 or did this information come from a different source? I understand her husband is the one claiming that she left with $13,000, but I think this is just BS (unless it has been confirmed by LE) Not only did he not report her missing for the 2 days, technically he didn't report her missing at all. I find it hard to picture anyone carrying around $13,000 dollars on foot. I also can't wrap my head around his wife and $13,000 dollars both vanish without a trace and he doesn't appear to be concerned-not enough to even report her missing. Seems like someone is trying to direct the narrative.

$13k in cash allegedly gone and a missing wife and no pleas from the husband, although his mother did weigh in.
I didn't see the press conference, was it confirmed by LE that she left with $13,000 or did this information come from a different source? I understand her husband is the one claiming that she left with $13,000, but I think this is just BS (unless it has been confirmed by LE) Not only did he not report her missing for the 2 days, technically he didn't report her missing at all. I find it hard to picture anyone carrying around $13,000 dollars on foot. I also can't wrap my head around his wife and $13,000 dollars both vanish without a trace and he doesn't appear to be concerned-not enough to even report her missing. Seems like someone is trying to direct the narrative.
That’s a very valid and most likely correct hypothesis. To play devil’s advocate though, I do wonder, perhaps the husband really did not do anything. Maybe he noticed the $13k gone and her gone and he thinks she just took off on him? What was their marriage like I wonder?

So the options I'm thinking are:

1. She left and took the money to start a new life while her husband was away.
2. Someone got paid $13k to do something (foul play)
3. Self harm, took the money because she was upset for some reason (to hide it or otherwise)
4. Went to pay someone 13K for something and an altercation happened
5. Foul play by the most likely person, and money is 'missing' to make it look otherwise.

Am I missing anything....
ALL the above is MOO!

Just caught up. She didn't take her car, and she's not a hiker. Her mother-in-law speculated that she might be depressed after the recent deaths of her father and father-in-law, and the institutionalization of her dementia mother. If this is a suicide, she did not take $13k from the house.

If she ran away to start a new life, she now knows to contact police because her daughter is worried.

Last seen early morning hours. Red dot is: last seen at home. It's also possible that she's no where in the area - I hope people have been asked to check and preserve CCTV footage in the area.

1667879329502.png

1667878488423.png

Definitely an odd amount of money to just have at home? And why are we only hearing about this now? No mention of it at the PC? Has husband really only just realised?
Given it is only coming from the husband I’m not giving much credence to it at this point. I’ll wait to hear more and hopefully we do. JMO

I hope they've checked her computer to see if there has been any contact with other individuals. I just can't see her leaving her car behind unless she was picked up. Also hope they checked with Uber.

Looks like she was last seen at home near a cemetery.

If she's not alive, I think she was driven somewhere. The train tunnel is mentioned upthread. Or maybe she is really close to home. If she is alive, I hope she hears that her daughter is worried.

There are wooded areas within 15 minutes of her home by car. Maybe she was out for a short walk and something happened to her.

1667879845829.png

1667880305793.png

1667880896125.png

Google Maps

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members