PA - Ellen Greenberg, 27, Philly teacher’s brutal stabbing, ruled suicide but possible homicide, Jan 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have come to believe that sometimes, (not always), suicide is the conclusion for lazy coroners/medical examiners, and detectives. It is so much less time consuming to call a dead body a suicide. So much less work!!!!! they just close the case. that's it.
I’m very late to the game here because I just learned about this case. I recently read the book “Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner” by Judy Melinek. When she was working as a medical examiner in NYC, LE tried to convince her to rule a death as suicide or accident any time it was even remotely possible.

One example she provided: a wealthy 60-something woman was found dead at the bottom of her stairs by her estranged husband. Her apartment appeared to be ransacked, the husband didn’t have a key, and he tried to sell her very expensive jewelry to a nearby pawn shop the next day. That’s how the medical examiner became aware that her death might not have been an innocent fall. The owner of the pawn shop knew the deceased woman, recognized the jewelry her estranged husband was trying to sell, and contacted a mutual friend. The friend contacted the ME and relayed all of this information to her. The ME decided to re-examine the woman’s back the following day after lividity had settled and found bruises in the shape of a handprint—indicating she’d been pushed down the stairs. When she took all of this evidence to the investigators (the handprints, the jewelry, the ransacked apartment, the fact that her estranged husband found her deceased but didn’t have access and they hadn’t spoken to each other in years), they asked her if it was possible that EMS caused the bruising when rendering aid and that she’s just a messy person. She said while it was technically possible, it was also highly unlikely. They still wanted her to rule the death an accident, but she refused and ruled it a homicide.

She said this happened all the time.

I'm new too WS but i love it and this case caught my eye. I want to try and bump it back up so maybe we can get a few more eyes on it again. Thesse poor parents have had to fight this for 13 years. This breaks my heart.
pennlive.com/crime/2024/04/ellen-greenberg-case-bombshell-her-body-was-moved-family-attorney-says-in-court.html
Welcome to WS!

He had every excuse under the sun to not help her... why? jmo
Because he murdered her - IN MY OPINION.

This case is so disgusting. I'd read he comes from a politically connected family so that probably explains it.

There are actually a lot of murders that get written off as suicide. This one, though, takes the cake.

Actually that would be Bernie Madoff, who did the biggest pozie scheme (named after charles ponzie who was the first guy on record to do this!) and lied to clients in the Black Monday 1987 stock market crash and then caused the 2008 housing crash.

After that is Jordan Belfort, the main inspiration for "Wolf of Wall Street".

Both are psychopaths, which is very common to find in the financial sector.

Psychopaths on Wall Street by Ronald Schouten, MD, JD writes in their published article paper:

The headline-grabbing factoid in the article was an estimate that 10% of people in the financial services industry are psychopaths. And that’s a conservative estimate, according to Christopher Bayer, a Wall Street psychotherapist cited by DeCovny.

DeCovny describes “financial psychopaths” as individuals who seek thrills, lack empathy, don’t care about what others think, are charming and intelligent, and are skilled at lying and manipulation. Citing Richard Peterson, managing partner of MarketPsych (a firm that provides psychological and behavioral finance training for the industry), DeCovny notes that these are some of the traits that also predict success on Wall Street.

To understand the implications of all this, it helps to define psychopathy. It is a psychological condition based on well-established diagnostic criteria. These include glibness and superficial charm, conning and manipulative behavior, lack of remorse and empathy, refusal to take responsibility for one’s behavior, and others.

Determining whether a person is a psychopath is generally done using a test like the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R), developed by Robert Hare and his colleagues. People who are “normal” invariably score a few points on such scales. True psychopaths score in the top 25%.

Using formal diagnostic criteria, researchers have estimated that about 1% of Americans — about 3 million people — are psychopaths. Based on statistics alone, there are some true psychopaths on Wall Street, as there are in all walks of life. The odds increase further when we consider the competitive advantage that some of the characteristics of psychopathy, including willingness to take risks, can provide in the field.
So glad you joined. This is a subject that I've also been interested in for years. I'm convinced that the actual population percentages of psychopaths and cluster B are vastly underestimated. Robert Hare also co-authored a book about psychopaths in business, called Snakes in Suits. I'd estimate that the presence of these aliens posing as human is just as high in the top echelon of politics. I highly recommend doing a search for "Political Ponerology: A Science on The Nature of Evil adjusted for Political Purposes by Andrew M. Lobaczewski, Ph.D.".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back