GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is what I am doing. The problem is her 'church' is reinforcing that she should stay with him because 1) divorce is a sin and 2) they have a child together. It just infuriates me to no end. But I can't say anything bad about her church or it will just drive her further away.

curious1 said:
Thanks for the article luthersmama. It just so sad. If he did do this it is very said for his Mother. I mean the woman survives the holocaust and thinks she has survived the worst and then her son turns out to be a murderer. He has destroyed so many lives. I will never understand people who think murder is a solution....if you get caught you lose so much more than you would ever gain in not getting caught. Why take that gamble?
---Why Indeed? Many reasons,actually--first is money--In his mind all the money was HIS, nobody else's--Another reason is hate--he totally despised her and probably blamed her for everything--the criminal mind states that nothing is ever HIS fault--It is everybody elses fault--third reason is that some people just have a lack of empathy for other people and see people as only objects--So, to him and to other killers like OJ, ITS WORTH THE RISK

Let's hope I never fully 'understand' the criminal mind.

nanandjim said:
It was about control. However, Ellen allowed it. It's amazing how a beautiful, college educated woman who was outgoing and lively became an introverted, depressed woman who wouldn't leave home. This just shows you what emotional abuse and mind control can do to a person. It's no wonder that Michael Devlin could so easily control a young boy using the same if not worse techniques.
Yes, Ellen was unhappy in her marriage for a long time, and had been suffering from depresssion. She also had some illnesses which kept her somewhat housebound - and medications sometimes made her tired and zapped her energy. However she was always doing, being there and running for and with her daughter. She made the efforts when at all possible.

Peter Hamilton said:
---Why Indeed? Many reasons,actually--first is money--In his mind all the money was HIS, nobody else's--Another reason is hate--he totally despised her and probably blamed her for everything--the criminal mind states that nothing is ever HIS fault--It is everybody elses fault--third reason is that some people just have a lack of empathy for other people and see people as only objects--So, to him and to other killers like OJ, ITS WORTH THE RISK

You are right!
He was angry, resentful and controlling. He was furious that Ellen was leaving him, taking their child and pet dog out of the family home, and that Ellen was entitled to one-half of everything they had in marriage, and she was going to get it. HE would not move and allow his wife, child and pet dog to remain secure and comfortable, maintain continuity and stay in the family home, that which was best for their well being. Same schedule, bedrooms, school bus, neighborhood and neighbors, and friends. He did NOT have his child's best interests at heart.

Now nothing is the same. The child has no mother, a father in jail and her life as she knew it is over. She's living out of state with loving family, but none of her friends, no familiar neighbors, different school. A continued tragedy.

i wasn't sure where the end of the thread was, but my hubby read that there is going to be a hearing sometime tomorrow. Its bound to be on the news.

ohdear said:
What kind of hearing???
Raffi Robb's preliminary hearing is tomorrow. Both sides make presentations, the DA's about Robb's alleged guilt, motive and means to commit the murder and the defendent's lawyer abouit his innocence; his lawyer might ask for bail again, which will be most probably be denied again, and I think the next step is setting a trial date.

http://www.timesherald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17792628&BRD=1672&PAG=461&dept_id=33380&rfi=6

Robb murder hearing expected today
By: KEITH PHUCAS, Times Herald Staff
02/01/2007

UPPER MERION - A preliminary hearing is scheduled Thursday morning for Rafael Robb, the former University of Pennsylvania professor accused of bludgeoning his wife to death.

The hearing will be held at 9 a.m. at the Upper Merion Township building in King of Prussia.
At his Jan. 8 arraignment, Robb entered a plea of not guilty to killing his wife, Ellen Robb, who was 49.

And again, he's dresssed for the garage sale- not his trial. Is this some kind of new strategy?? I don't undertand this at all.

I think he just doesn't get it. Maybe he has lived a charmed life up until now and has never had to answer for anything he has done. Or he may be so arrogant he thinks he is above it all and does not have to dress to impress anyone and that he will get away with this.

I hope he does dress like a slob for the trial. That is what he is so why put on airs. Let the jury see him as he really is. They are going to be turned off by him anyway. He'll set there looking so arrogant while looking like a bum. The jury doesn't miss much when it comes to the person on trial. They will see right through him. Maybe he thinks he is so handsome that he doesn't have to dress to impress...creep.

luthersmama said:
The two stories you posted are so heart-breaking to read. Even when I read more details of Ellen's murder and the murder scene, I am shocked like it was yesterday I found out about Ellen's brutal murder- and sickened by the newly revealed information (to me). I still can't believe this even happened.

Thanks for posting the stories; I would maybe not have read them otherwise.

The docket sheet is finally up on the court website. Nothing surprising, but it appears that a search warrant was issued on February 8. Can't tell what for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo
Back