GUILTY PA - Erica Klinger, 27, Silver Spring Twp, 8 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it possible for an adult to self admit themselves to an inpatient rehabilitation program or inpatient psychiatric program without telling anyone and be considered missing?
Would law enforcement be able to find out due to HIPPA laws?

Is it possible for an adult to self admit themselves to an inpatient rehabilitation program or inpatient psychiatric program without telling anyone and be considered missing?

I would think she definitely could without telling anyone. I would assume law enforcement could find out she was in rehab, but they would need to know where to ask. And, if they find out, I doubt they can tell anyone, even her family, unless she signed a release

<snipped>

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=1854&issue_id=82009
Law Enforcement Disclosure Exceptions

Under HIPAA&#8217;s general rules, a covered entity is authorized to release protected health information if it meets specific requirements established by the code and if the entity provides the individual an opportunity to agree or object to the authorization.3 The rules further allow covered entities to disclose protected health information to law enforcement officials, without the patient&#8217;s written consent, when the information is released under any one of the following conditions:

The disclosure is required by state law, including the reporting of injuries such as gunshots or stab wounds.4

The disclosure is necessary to comply with a court order or a court-ordered warrant, a subpoena, or a summons issued by a judicial officer or a grand jury.5

The disclosure is in response to an administrative request, such as an administrative subpoena, investigative demand, or other written request from a law enforcement official. Law enforcement officials can make this request without judicial involvement but must include a written statement that the information is relevant and material to a legitimate law enforcement inquiry, that it is specific and limited in scope, and that information is stripped of personal identifiers that cannot be used.6

The disclosure is in response to a request for information to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, witness, or missing person.7 The information released is limited to pedigree information, injury type and date of treatment, date and time of death, and any distinguishing physical characteristics. The covered entity is not authorized to release an individual&#8217;s DNA or dental records in these circumstances. A covered entity may also release such information if an individual admitted to committing a violent crime and the entity believes that this person may have caused serious physical harm to the victim.8

The disclosure is required by law enforcement to investigate a possible violation of law, and the victim cannot consent due to emergency or incapacity. In this instance, law enforcement agencies cannot use the information against the victim and must show that waiting for victim consent will materially and adversely affect the investigation (the covered entity must judge that it is in the victim&#8217;s best interest to release the information).9

The situation involves child abuse or neglect,10 adult abuse, neglect, or domestic violence as required by law,11 or where law enforcement officials are notified of a suspicious death possibly involving criminal activity.12

If a health-care provider is rendering emergency services off its premises, it may disclose protected health information to the extent necessary to alert law enforcement officials to the commission, nature, or location of a crime or a crime victim as well as the identity, description, and location of the perpetrator.13

It should be noted that the release of private health-care information to law enforcement officials by a covered entity does not authorize those officials to disseminate the records beyond what is needed for the investigation or in court proceedings.

I believe LE could find out, and of course they do search those kind of things. If LE did find out she had checked herself into rehab or for psychiatric help all they would be able to say is that she is no longer a missing person. Even to family I don't think they can say anything more than she is no longer considered a missing person.

Since investigations can be quite expensive, I think they generally do try to find out if the person is in the hospital or treatment.

I am confused about Lara. Did I miss any news on what her reasoning for having EK's car in her possession?

Also, what is a hypodermic needle used for? What kind of drugs?

The only thing about this that concerns me is, wouldn't the girl driving her car know that she checked in? Wouldn't she tell someone? She also posted the new article about her being missing, so I think she is trying to cover something up by making herself look innocent. If my BFF was missing, I'd have a lot more on my facebook than a link to an article a week after she went missing. JS.

Also, it seems to me the kind of people ek ran with were not good news at all. Doing some investigating on her friends pages have got me very worried. :(

Excellent point that ML would likely know if EK was missing for a legit reason. If it were me Id be singing like a birdie if suspected of a nefarious situation regarding a dissapeared person.

http://cumberlink.com/news/local/communities/mechanicsburg/family-hopes-found-car-leads-to-missing-mechanicsburg-area-woman/article_7c509cfe-fd3c-11e3-b4da-0019bb2963f4.html

Klinger's mother says the family is hoping the recovery of her daughter's 2000 black Chevrolet Malibu might lead to Erica's whereabouts.

"We do understand how they got her car. I feel empty. My stomach feels like it is being ripped out. My heart feels like it is being ripped out," Michelle Klinger said.

Klinger's family has been posting flyers and searching day and night, but as days turn into weeks Erica's mother is fearing the worst.

A few pages back - the conversation about money being owed was posted. It was under a picture on Maria's page. The gentleman "BK" has (on his page) - the article about ML. Very interesting comments and it states that while he thinks ML knows something - he doesn't think she has anything to do with "it".

What is "it" ? that is my question. Very quick to assume the worse I guess

A few pages back - the conversation about money being owed was posted. It was under a picture on Maria's page. The gentleman "BK" has (on his page) - the article ability ML. very interesting comments and it is states while he thinks ML knows something - he doesn't think she has anything to do with "it".

What is "it" ? that is my question. Very quick to assume the worse I guess

Good eye! That's interesting indeed.

Unfortunately I feel like this one won't have a happy ending.

Good eye! That's interesting indeed.

Unfortunately I feel like this one won't have a happy ending.

Agreed - and he could have just been speaking in general terms but I just thought the comment was pretty confident both in the outcome of Erica's fate - and that Maria didn't do it. I assume the implication is that her boyfriend did "it " - which by his actions is highly likely.

I'm wondering what they've found in that hotel room...anything to prove Erica had been there? Did that hotel have security cameras? Any guests in the other rooms see her there?

I'm wondering what they've found in that hotel room...anything to prove Erica had been there? Did that hotel have security cameras? Any guests in the other rooms see her there?

Judging from the times / frequency of her Facebook posts - she seemed to be a consistent poster from early morning to late evening - some posts are are at 1 am. On June 8th - the posts stop before 9 pm which means she probably went off the radar for whatever reason not long after this time.

I would say she could have even went missing the next morning but again she seemed to post to FB quite frequently and would have given a status update. She either went to meet someone or they came to her is my guess.

Judging from the times / frequency of her Facebook posts - she seemed to be a consistent poster from early morning to late evening - some posts are are at 1 am. On June 8th - the posts stop before 9 pm which means she probably went off the radar for whatever reason not long after this time.

I would say she could have even went missing the next morning but again she seemed to post to FB quite frequently and would have given a status update. She either went to meet someone or they came to her is my guess.

She was last seen at work at 2PM. She was still posting on Facebook until just before 9PM. They need to see where that post came from. IP address, and assuming it was from her phone, last known ping. Where was she from 2PM to 9PM? Since no one has come forward saying they were with her from 2 to 9, I would guess whoever was with her during that time is the one at fault for this.

She was last seen at work at 2PM. She was still posting on Facebook until just before 9PM. They need to see where that post came from. IP address, and assuming it was from her phone, last known ping. Where was she from 2PM to 9PM? Since no one has come forward saying they were with her from 2 to 9, I would guess whoever was with her during that time is the one at fault for this.

To me - it sounds like she was fine until 9 pm - could have been home by herself. After the last post was where things went silent . Could have also happened early the next morning - she may have gotten up and went to meet someone.

I must say, BK is one of the most unsavory characters I've seen.
I think EK's long term-ex boyfriend shares the same last name as BK.
The woman in jail seems to be a link between BK and EK as she is a frequent participant on both of their FB posts.

Any idea if BK and MK are related?

State police continue search for man who was spotted driving missing woman's car
15305206-small.jpg

Luis Lugo-Davila

Authorities last saw Luis Lugo-Davila, 28, in Harrisburg on June 17 as they arrested Maria Lara, 32, his girlfriend. Lugo-Davila ran from police, who developed information that he may try to flee to Puerto Rico.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/06/klinger_missing_woman_man_soug.html

I looked at the comments on BK's page under the article he posted about ML. The second commenter has a FB pseudo name. A wee bit of reading indicates he also shares the same last name as BK and the ex MK.

Tangled web of unsavory characters in my opinion.

Dunno if this has been brought up, but a family member on her first facebook page is looking for someone. Hopefully this is a good lead and will help with the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowan1978
Back