PA- Fire Burns Down Red Creek Wildlife Center, Unknown # of Animal Casualties, Schuylkill, 5 Dec 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

aThousandYearsWide

Reaction score

The Red Creek Wildlife Center in Schuylkill County was destroyed and many animals killed in a Monday morning fire, officials confirmed.

Red Creek lost its main clinic in Schuylkill Haven and all of the animals housed there during a “catastrophic” blaze, the rescue wrote on Facebook.

About 4,000 animals are rescued and rehabilitated through Red Creek each year, the rescue said. It’s unclear exactly how many were killed in the fire. No humans were injured.

The cause of the Red Creek fire is under investigation.

Red Creek said other Pennsylvania rescues are assisting with food, medicine and care for the remaining animals. The rescue said monetary donations are the most beneficial way for the public to help Red Creek.

Red Creek is scheduled to break ground on a new facility next year. The rescue said more information will be coming on the rescue’s operations and future plans.

Donations to Red Creek Wildlife Center can be made here.

I put it under 'Crimes in the News' due to not knowing which thread to put it under. No cause of the fire is known at this time. My heart breaks for Peggy Hentz!

I donated at the link at the bottom of the article. (Which is also available in my post above)

devastating
those poor animals with no way out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme