GUILTY PA - Four Young Men killed, 18-22, Bucks Co., 5-9 July 2017 #8 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just :bump: this one up for today!

Thursday, Dec. 14th:
*Arraignment Hearing (delayed from Oct. 6th) @ 1:30pm ET - PA - Jimi Tara Patrick (19), Mark R. Sturgis (22), Thomas C. Meto (21) & Dean R. Finocchiaro (18) murdered (July 5-9, 2017) - Cosmo DiNardo (20) (confessed in exchange for DP off table) accused of 4 counts of 1st deg murder, abuse of corpse, robbery, illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy (with cousin, Sean Kratz (20) 8-30 update: New lawyers for SK who is also accused of killing 3 of the men (CD killed a 4th man w/o his cousin's help during the same week.
9/7 Update: Cosmo waived his preliminary hearing, which happened at 11am/no future court date given; Sean will appear at 1:30pm/Sean charged with 3 counts 1st deg murder, abuse of corpse, robbery & illegal poss. of weapon & conspiracy. 9/30 update: Arraignment delayed - Previously scheduled for Oct. 6, the cousins now are set to appear Dec. 14 before Bucks County Judge Wallace Bateman Jr. The delay affords prosecutors extra time to decide whether to seek the death penalty against Kratz.

Found this tweet from yesterday

Bucks Co DA's Office Retweeted
James O'Malley‏ @omalley_news
Dec 13

Today’s filings are not formal intent to seek death, but apply pressure to Kratz while covering prosecutors in event DiNardo’s confession deal dissolves.

still trying to find someone who IS tweeting for today....

:doh: just noticed that the hearing starts at 1:30pm ET; and it's only 11am there - right?

8m8 minutes ago

Coming up this afternoon... stay tuned for updates

Cosmo DiNardo, Sean Kratz set for formal arraignments today
http://www.theintell.com/news/20171214/cosmo-dinardo-sean-kratz-set-for-formal-arraignments-today

Their arraignments come one day after Bucks County prosecutors filed notice of aggravating circumstances in the slayings, making clear to the men the death penalty is still a potential consequence.

Prosecutors say the deal they made this summer with DiNardo, sparing the Bensalem man from the death penalty in exchange for a confession and the location of a hidden body, still stands so long as he continues to cooperate.

Kratz, of Northeast Philadelphia, has not made any such deal. His attorneys said they are “disappointed and confused” by the filing of aggravators against their client, since it is DiNardo who is the admitted killer.

more at link

I am not an advocate of the DP, but if any person ever earned the maximum penalty by law, it is these two.

https://twitter.com/omalley_news
2m2 minutes ago

James O'Malley Retweeted James O'Malley

UPDATE: Cosmo DiNardo and Sean Kratz have now been arraigned in Bucks County Court. Both entered pleas of not guilty to multiple counts of homicide, other charges.

Guess we'll have to wait for an article; maybe they will have the next court date for this....

:waiting:

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Cosmo Dinardo and Sean Kratz, the cousins charged in the deaths of four men found buried on a Philadelphia-area farm, both entered not guilty pleas during their arraignment Thursday.

http://6abc.com/amp/dinardo-and-kra...co-murders/2780752/?__twitter_impression=true

As a DDA in PA- A not guilty plea at a formal arraignment is irrelevant. Typically for prisoners- judges are often not even present at a formal arraignment. That is just the formal process to move cases from the magisterial District judge level to the criminal court of common pleas. It is the time in which the Commonwealth informs defendants of their rights such as the timeframe for discovery and the timeframe to file motions. The Commonwealth in all cases I have seen is unable to even take a plea at the formal arraignment and a not guilty plea is entered instantly on the defendants behalf. I have had defendants in formal arrangements tell me they want to plead guilty but I am not even allowed to enter a guilty plea at that point. When I arraign people, I am not even permitted to ask them how they plea. The not guilty for anything higher than a misdemeanor of the 3rd degree cannot be done at an arraignment. It needs to be entered at the court of common pleas which does not have jurisdiction until after the formal arraignment.

So this does not mean there won’t be a plea going forward, it just can’t be entered at the formal arraignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, nothing about the next court date.... I hate when they don't mention that in articles!

Thank you all for the updates.

First Wrongful Death Civil Lawsuit Filed In Quadruple Bucks County, Pa. Murders
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...druple-bucks-county-pa-murders-300573874.html

PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The first wrongful death lawsuit stemming from the tragic and unspeakable slayings of four young men earlier this year outside of Philadelphia was filed today by Ross Feller Casey, LLP, Pennsylvania's preeminent catastrophic injury law firm.
[.....]
....on behalf of the family of Mark Sturgis, 22.....
[.....]
The lawsuit names as defendants: Cosmo DiNardo and his cousin Sean Kratz, the two men charged with the murder of Sturgis and three other men; and DiNardo's parents, Sandra and Antonio DiNardo, who own the Solebury Township, Pa. farm on which the men were buried.

more at link

First Wrongful Death Civil Lawsuit Filed In Quadruple Bucks County, Pa. Murders
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...druple-bucks-county-pa-murders-300573874.html

PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The first wrongful death lawsuit stemming from the tragic and unspeakable slayings of four young men earlier this year outside of Philadelphia was filed today by Ross Feller Casey, LLP, Pennsylvania's preeminent catastrophic injury law firm.
[.....]
....on behalf of the family of Mark Sturgis, 22.....
[.....]
The lawsuit names as defendants: Cosmo DiNardo and his cousin Sean Kratz, the two men charged with the murder of Sturgis and three other men; and DiNardo's parents, Sandra and Antonio DiNardo, who own the Solebury Township, Pa. farm on which the men were buried.

more at link
I am glad to see the wrongful death suits are getting done.

It will be interesting, from a legal perspective, to see what negligence the plaintiffs allege on the part of the property-owner parents.

So, still no dates for these two *advertiser censored*??

TIA! :wave:

So, still no dates for these two *advertiser censored*??

TIA! :wave:
Cosmo's docket sheet mentions that a request for a bill of particulars and a request for pre-trial discovery were filed 12/26 by Parlow, his attorney.

Sean's attorney, Eriksen, petitioned for payment for a $40 transportation fee which was granted and also submitted a 'sealed entry' this week.

Both are awaiting pre-trial conferences, which apparently haven't been scheduled.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back