PA - Girl, 4, fatally shot by brother, 2, near Chester gas station, Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG. Takes my breath away. Guns, guns, guns. How in the world will this death be handled by LE and prosecutors? How could a 2 y/o even hold a pistol (I assume it was a pistol) and have enuff strength to pull the trigger? Why wasn't the gun guarded and locked in a box and put into the trunk or guarded and locked in the front seat storage area? Are they sure the 2 y/o actually fired the gun? Who is the registered owner of the weapon? Where was the driver of the car -- paying for gas or some other purchase? When will an arrest be made? So many questions. This is gonna be a big one.
Fly high little angel and sad thoughts for the family.

Because someone didn't secure their handgun, a
Exactly u can get them free online also I believe I don’t have a gun but I go online and sometimes get free samples or whatever and seen them

I grew up with guns, and my whole family supports RESPONSIBLE gun ownership. We all take that responsible part very seriously. People who are irresponsible make the rest of us look horrible, and, tragically, they often cost lives.

Trigger locks are less costly than buying a bicycle helmet for a child, something most parents make sure they provide for their children. As @rjfjet mentioned, trigger locks are often free and found through a variety of means. Gun safes aren't even very costly either. There's nothing wrong with redundancy. I keep mine in a safe with trigger locks on.

Situations like this make me physically ill. One poor child is dead, while the other, the brother, will grow up knowing he accidentally killed his sister! It's just so extremely and easily avoidable. But the adult has to make it a priority.

Project Child Safety Kits, Lists By State. Please share.

If you would like a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit, which includes a cable-style gun lock and safety instructions, click on the map (at link above) to find a distribution partner in your state. Be sure to contact the partner to verify that supplies are available.

For Law Enforcement Partners: If you need more Safety Kits, please complete the law enforcement request form.

Resource Library
Dozens of popular resources focused on gun safety, securing guns against unauthorized use, and, most of all, protecting children.

Own It? Respect It. Secure It. Initiative
Access the “Own It? Respect It. Secure It.” initiative toolkit to get involved in promoting responsible firearms ownership in your community.

Project ChildSafe is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit charitable organization committed to promoting firearms safety through the distribution of safety education messages. This program is committed to providing educators and students the resources they need to spread the message of responsible firearm safety. At the above links, are checklists, tips and videos to help educate students in the classroom.

RESOURCE LIBRARY
Project ChildSafe Child’s Pledge
Project ChildSafe ORS Pledge
Project ChildSafe Bookmark
Hunting Checklist for Families
Firearm Safe Handling Procedures
Ten Rules of Safe Gun Handling

VIDEOS
VIDEO: Molly’s Mischief – A Gun Safety Message from McGruff the Crime Dog (Grades Pre-K – 4)

VIDEO: Not Cool, Kyle – A Gun Safety Message from McGruff the Crime Dog (K – Early Middle School)

VIDEO: It’s Your Call – Playing It Safe Around Guns (Grades 6-9)

ORS/PCS Intro Video (Teachers)

Talking With Kids About Gun Safety

DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES
VIDEO: NOT COOL, KYLE – A GUN SAFETY MESSAGE FROM MCGRUFF THE CRIME DOG (K – EARLY MIDDLE SCHOOL)

VIDEO: NOT COOL, KYLE – A GUN SAFETY MESSAGE FROM MCGRUFF THE CRIME DOG (K – EARLY MIDDLE SCHOOL)

VIDEO: MOLLY’S MISCHIEF – A GUN SAFETY MESSAGE FROM MCGRUFF THE CRIME DOG (GRADES PRE-K – 4)

LESSON PLANS: MCGRUFF® TALKS TO STUDENTS ABOUT GUN SAFETY

VIEW ALL RESOURCES

Project Child Safety Kits, Lists By State. Please share.

If you would like a free Project ChildSafe Safety Kit, which includes a cable-style gun lock and safety instructions, click on the map (at link above) to find a distribution partner in your state. Be sure to contact the partner to verify that supplies are available.

For Law Enforcement Partners: If you need more Safety Kits, please complete the law enforcement request form.

Resource Library
Dozens of popular resources focused on gun safety, securing guns against unauthorized use, and, most of all, protecting children.

Own It? Respect It. Secure It. Initiative
Access the “Own It? Respect It. Secure It.” initiative toolkit to get involved in promoting responsible firearms ownership in your community.

Project ChildSafe is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit charitable organization committed to promoting firearms safety through the distribution of safety education messages. This program is committed to providing educators and students the resources they need to spread the message of responsible firearm safety. At the above links, are checklists, tips and videos to help educate students in the classroom.

RESOURCE LIBRARY
Project ChildSafe Child’s Pledge
Project ChildSafe ORS Pledge
Project ChildSafe Bookmark
Hunting Checklist for Families
Firearm Safe Handling Procedures
Ten Rules of Safe Gun Handling

VIDEOS
VIDEO: Molly’s Mischief – A Gun Safety Message from McGruff the Crime Dog (Grades Pre-K – 4)

VIDEO: Not Cool, Kyle – A Gun Safety Message from McGruff the Crime Dog (K – Early Middle School)

VIDEO: It’s Your Call – Playing It Safe Around Guns (Grades 6-9)

ORS/PCS Intro Video (Teachers)

Talking With Kids About Gun Safety

DOWNLOADABLE RESOURCES

VIDEO: MOLLY’S MISCHIEF – A GUN SAFETY MESSAGE FROM MCGRUFF THE CRIME DOG (GRADES PRE-K – 4)

LESSON PLANS: MCGRUFF® TALKS TO STUDENTS ABOUT GUN SAFETY

VIEW ALL RESOURCES
Thank you 4 putting this up

Parents should be charged, IMO. No excuse for having unsecured weapon around children...
Absolutely.
I've seen here in WS and in MSM, situations of children killing or wounding other children with guns that were improperly left where a child could find and use them, but this one, IMO, is the most egregious of them all -- a 2 year-old in a car found this loaded weapon and fired it. How in the world did this happen -- was the weapon just within easy reach of the 2 year old? I just can't imagine it. No lock or trigger guard on the loaded weapon?
Hoping LE and the District Attorney's office are all over this one WRT the parents. This horror must be examined and the adult(s) in the vehicle must be prosecuted. It still just takes my breath away.

Losing one child in this way should change the gun laws. This is not a one off occurrence. It will keep happening until there is change. I know many in the US are very touchy about the subject, I guess it’s a no brained in my view as guns are not a thing here unless you are a farmer! Moo

Losing one child in this way should change the gun laws. This is not a one off occurrence. It will keep happening until there is change. I know many in the US are very touchy about the subject, I guess it’s a no brained in my view as guns are not a thing here unless you are a farmer! Moo

It's mind boggling isn't it. My neighbour shoots, his gun is kept in a gun safe in the locked attic.

Here on WS, most of us realize that the problem is irresponsible people. Laws say that the shooters in Sacramento could not have firearms, and in fact those shooters should have been incarcerated at the time of their massacre -- laws like this do not protect children.

Responsibility protects children.

We occasionally have a firearm in the car -- cross country travel, generally. The magazine is not in place, the pistol & magazine are in a locked case. Takes seconds to ready that pistol for firing if needed, but trust me, a two-year-old could not achieve this.

Guns do not shoot people. PEOPLE shoot people.

Rounds never chamber themselves. Triggers never squeeze themselves.

People do these things.

In that car in Pennsylvania, irresponsibility cost a family the life of their daughter, and likely the mental health of their son.

Not the pistol, the person who loaded the pistol and left it in the car.

Not the pistol, the irresponsible choice.

You will not be shot by any of the firearms in my house -- unless you are in my house uninvited and refuse to leave. If so, you will meet Southport, Connecticut.

jmho ymmv lrr

Here on WS, most of us realize that the problem is irresponsible people. Laws say that the shooters in Sacramento could not have firearms, and in fact those shooters should have been incarcerated at the time of their massacre -- laws like this do not protect children.

Responsibility protects children.

We occasionally have a firearm in the car -- cross country travel, generally. The magazine is not in place, the pistol & magazine are in a locked case. Takes seconds to ready that pistol for firing if needed, but trust me, a two-year-old could not achieve this.

Guns do not shoot people. PEOPLE shoot people.

Rounds never chamber themselves. Triggers never squeeze themselves.

People do these things.

In that car in Pennsylvania, irresponsibility cost a family the life of their daughter, and likely the mental health of their son.

Not the pistol, the person who loaded the pistol and left it in the car.

Not the pistol, the irresponsible choice.

You will not be shot by any of the firearms in my house -- unless you are in my house uninvited and refuse to leave. If so, you will meet Southport, Connecticut.

jmho ymmv lrr

Thank you, wonderful post. I believe you said what many of us in THIS country/America, feel.

Absolutely.
I've seen here in WS and in MSM, situations of children killing or wounding other children with guns that were improperly left where a child could find and use them, but this one, IMO, is the most egregious of them all -- a 2 year-old in a car found this loaded weapon and fired it. How in the world did this happen -- was the weapon just within easy reach of the 2 year old? I just can't imagine it. No lock or trigger guard on the loaded weapon?
Hoping LE and the District Attorney's office are all over this one WRT the parents. This horror must be examined and the adult(s) in the vehicle must be prosecuted. It still just takes my breath away.
I agree and they should have been in a car seat also if anything

Yes, this should be the trigger (excuse the word) for something being done -- but it won't be. It will not happen. And that's all I can say about it...
It happens much too often, but so little has been done.
Such pity for the family of another beautiful child.

Yes, this should be the trigger (excuse the word) for something being done -- but it won't be. It will not happen. And that's all I can say about it...
It happens much too often, but so little has been done.
Such pity for the family of another beautiful child.
I think that whoever was in the car should b charged with something because it’s that person’s responsibility

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mygalacticmother
Back