PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
THE GRACE NOTE: TYPEWRITTEN; DETERMINED TO BE FAKE; ATTRIBUTED TO SARA PACKER

"Police said Sara Packer gave police a fake note that she said was left behind by Grace when she ran away. The typed-letter was addressed to the family and discussed Grace being sorry for being a “burden” and said she left because of that. Police said the letter had no written signature and determined the “language and content to be inconsistent with being written by a 14 year old girl with the academic and social level of Grace Packer.” http://heavy.com/news/2016/12/grace...-dismembered-suspect-photos-pictures-facebook

QUESTION: HOW DID POLICE DETERMINE THE INAUTHENTICITY OF THE GRACE NOTE? As you may know, there are different standards, and certifying agencies, regarding examination of questioned documents. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Questioned_document_examination

QUESTION: DO POLICE CHARGES OF FAKING WRITTEN NOTES AGAINST SARA PACKER INCREASE THE PLAUSIBILITY THAT SP ALSO FAKED THE HANDWRITTEN JACOB SULLIVAN SUICIDE NOTE (JSNOTE)?

All great questions. Someone once posted on this forum (on another case) a link to a word-choice analysis website that would predict if someone was male or female based on the writing. I'll have to see if I can find it.

ETA: Here is the website: http://www.hackerfactor.com/GenderGuesser.php#Analyze

While that website prefers 300 words and the letter is only 142, the result there says the suicide letter was most likely written by a female. Interesting...

Very interesting site Gardener, thank you!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcp...ace-Packer-411241645.html?amp=y?client=safari

"
Sara Packer is no longer on suicide watch as she sits in Bucks County Jail awaiting a preliminary hearing in the alleged rape and murder of her adopted daughter, Grace, her court-appointed attorney said Thursday.

Packer, who turned 42 on Sunday, remained in restrictive housing at the jail outside Doylestown, her attorney Keith J. Williams said."

Bless you, David (and your wife) for continuing to discuss and question the facts of this case. I have been reading along without much to contribute. As you went through this very well thought out analysis, however, a thought occurred to me. What if JS did NOT write that suicide note?
We know that there was a note in Grace's school records that police concluded could not have been written by Grace. The obvious implication is that SP wrote that note in Grace's name for some reason. What if SP drugged JS to try to make it look like he committed suicide and then she could blame everything on him after he died? What if KA interrupted that plan when she found JS and called 911? Then SP felt she had to "cover" so she took enough pills to fake being suicidal but not enough to kill herself and had KA drive her to the ER? As you point out, SP was the one to say there was a "suicide pact", not JS. Also, JS confessed to a nurse at the hospital, including info that implicated SP as being a very active participant in the rape and murder of Grace. I'm not saying I believe everything he says but, the idea that he was so worried about SP being in jail in the future that he attempted suicide AND the fact that he sung like a canary to implicate her as soon as conscious again are not congruent. He could have confessed and still protected her if he was really so enamored and worried for her going to jail. He could have left her part out of the story--instead he tells the story as if she was the primary instigator of it all. In short, I suspect SP wrote the suicide note. JMO.

Mind. Blown. :bombshell:

Gardener. I think you are really on to something here, although I had to read it like 3 times to absorb it all.

David, thanks for digging in the weeds and coming up with substantive observations to keep us on track with the facts (as we know them to be at this moment).

For those of you who are on Twitter, @deannadurante is a good account to follow re: this case. Today, she's been tweeting about the lack of transparency as to who deemed Sara Packer fit to be a foster parent and which agencies used her services.

Also, in regards to this discussion about Sullivan's suicide note and whether it might be a forgery -- if you scroll down Durante's timeline a bit, she has posted an image of Packer's cover letter for the adoption placement position. The reason I mention it is that I wonder if someone smarter than myself could use it as a writing comparison against the later letters.

I agree that there is a void of information around Sullivan. I get why Packer is the more sensational of the two (woman, mother -- eh, "mother", social worker) but I am surprised we haven't gotten at least one more in-depth story about him. Not even the kind of "turns out he's been super creepy and sexually abusive since 1985" which I feel like is, sadly, pretty standard in cases like this one.

For those of you who are on Twitter, @deannadurante is a good account to follow re: this case. Today, she's been tweeting about the lack of transparency as to who deemed Sara Packer fit to be a foster parent and which agencies used her services.

Also, in regards to this discussion about Sullivan's suicide note and whether it might be a forgery -- if you scroll down Durante's timeline a bit, she has posted an image of Packer's cover letter for the adoption placement position. The reason I mention it is that I wonder if someone smarter than myself could use it as a writing comparison against the later letters.

I agree that there is a void of information around Sullivan. I get why Packer is the more sensational of the two (woman, mother -- eh, "mother", social worker) but I am surprised we haven't gotten at least one more in-depth story about him. Not even the kind of "turns out he's been super creepy and sexually abusive since 1985" which I feel like is, sadly, pretty standard in cases like this one.

AWESOME! Strongly agreed!

Those without Twitter can access Deanna Durante's work at the following public hyperlink: https://twitter.com/search?q=@deannadurante&src=typd and I have posted a screenshot of the "Sara Packer Cover Letter" below.

I don't mean to be controversial, but I feel the media coverage of the entire case has been "female-centric", which has plusses as well as minuses. Extensive coverage of Sara Packer, and near-zero coverage of, or facts about, Jacob Patrick Sullivan. Aside from the resources I have already shared, I have found next to nothing about Jacob Patrick Sullivan aside from "peoplesearch" results which I am unsure are appropriate to share here as per guidelines of this community.

On the victim side, extensive focus on Rose Hunsicker, and very little focus on Rodney Hunsicker. This one-sided focus was, IMO, very much on display in the media and the face-to-face interactions I witnessed at the Grace Packer Memorial this week, with Rodney Hunsicker almost completely ignored. My 2 cents.

The exception to female-centric reporting is, of course, Katherine Allbright. Why no focus on her, her current status and location, etc?

David

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sara Packer Fellow Human Letter.jpg
    Sara Packer Fellow Human Letter.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 209
Glad to help. You can track the case here:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/MDJ.aspx

In the search boxes, put Sara Packer's first/last name and then choose case status "active" and it will bring up her case docket.

Thank you! I just began using this tool this week. Is anyone else aware of the docket listing a closed case against Sara Packer, Jacob Sullivan and Katherine Allbright (listed jointly) brought by a plaintiff "ABA Greentrees LLC"? The plaintiff has an address in Richlandtown, PA... the town where 990 E Cherry Road house (Grace Packer Murder Scene) is located? The case is marked "closed", was from 11-2016, and appears related to an eviction of some kind. I am a noob at interpreting these listings, and I Am Not A Lawyer. But it seemed of interest.

David

Thank you! I just began using this tool this week. Is anyone else aware of the docket listing a closed case against Sara Packer, Jacob Sullivan and Katherine Allbright (listed jointly) brought by a plaintiff "ABA Greentrees LLC"? The plaintiff has an address in Richlandtown, PA... the town where 990 E Cherry Road house (Grace Packer Murder Scene) is located? The case is marked "closed", was from 11-2016, and appears related to an eviction of some kind. I am a noob at interpreting these listings, and I Am Not A Lawyer. But it seemed of interest.

David

Yeah, that's an eviction. (Weirdly, I actually am a lawyer and it's never any good on this site b/c I know zero things about criminal law -- but I know tons about real property b/c that's what I do.) I can't speak for Pennsylvania, I am not licensed there -- but in the western state where I live, it's pretty common for individuals who own investment homes to put them into an LLC. So, Joe Smith might own the house at 123 Fake Road Drive -- but he would deed his interest in the house to Joe Smith Fake Road LLC for tax or other legal reasons. I can't say that's for sure what happened here, it could also be that an LLC does the property management on the house Packer & friends were getting evicted from. But it looks like they did something (usually I'd just guess not pay the rent, but god only knows in this case) that violated the terms of the lease and the LLC stepped in to evict them. They got served with an order to GTHO on Dec. 12 of last year per the docket.

What I don't know is what property the eviction order pertains to.

I also find the "female-centric" aspect of the reporting a bit odd.

I also find the "female-centric" aspect of the reporting a bit odd.

I honestly don't. We as a population are always more perplexed by a mother who kills, especially when there's sexual assault involved.

I remember the Sandra Cantu story. Melissa Huckaby was not the image most people had in their mind when considering who had kidnapped and murdered her. There is something extremely shocking when a woman murders a child.

Also, consider what has made the JonBenet Ramsey and Cayley Anthony cases so compelling to the public. These are cases where women were suspected in each case. We always want to know what could drive a woman to go so much against a maternal drive to protect children. It's simply against our nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some good sleuthing and inteesting theories being kicked around in here. Good stuff guys! I am looking at new angles. Thank you for that.

Yeah, that's an eviction. (Weirdly, I actually am a lawyer and it's never any good on this site b/c I know zero things about criminal law -- but I know tons about real property b/c that's what I do.) I can't speak for Pennsylvania, I am not licensed there -- but in the western state where I live, it's pretty common for individuals who own investment homes to put them into an LLC. So, Joe Smith might own the house at 123 Fake Road Drive -- but he would deed his interest in the house to Joe Smith Fake Road LLC for tax or other legal reasons. I can't say that's for sure what happened here, it could also be that an LLC does the property management on the house Packer & friends were getting evicted from. But it looks like they did something (usually I'd just guess not pay the rent, but god only knows in this case) that violated the terms of the lease and the LLC stepped in to evict them. They got served with an order to GTHO on Dec. 12 of last year per the docket. What I don't know is what property the eviction order pertains to.

Awesome, Blair and so super helpful!

Yes, I could not find any address from which SP, JS, and KA were evicted, either.

But a simple business search website uncovered a Richlandtown, PA business address for ABA GREENTREES, LLC. Richlandtown, PA is the town where 990 E Cherry Road house (Grace Packer Murder Scene) is located (even though Google Maps lists the address as "Quakertown, PA"). I visited 990 E Cherry Road and took pictures from the street which I posted here last week.

Of interest to me in the ABA GREENTREES docket sheet:

1) SP, JS, and KA were listed together. Wherever this location was, they were definitely "leasing together" if not living together. Legal evidence of cohabitation, corroboration of the polyamorous relationship.

2) ABA GREENTREES business address is in the same town as 990 E Cherry Road (Grace Packer Murder Scene).

3) This legal action was occurring at a critical period in the case timeline, with an order of eviction on December 12, 2016.

As we know, on December 30th 2016, both Jacob Sullivan and Sara Packer were transported from 449B Summit Ave, Horsham PA to Abington Memorial Hospital (AMH) under very peculiar circumstances (see prior posts). As per the charging documents, on January 8, 2017, while a patient at Abington Memorial Hospital, Jacob Sullivan began confessing to the kidnapping/rape/murder of Grace Packer, implicating Sara Packer as a perpetrator and conspirator in this heinous and obscene crime.

Here's a heads-up about my focus this weekend:

1) I will continue to focus on December 30th, 2016 through January 8, 2016.

2) I plan to visit 429B Summit Avenue, Horsham PA and take pictures from the street.

3) You may remember that my wife, "Mrs. F" is a registered nurse with many years of work in local emergency rooms and correctional medical facilities. Mrs. F shocked me by casually relaying that she has worked many, many times over the years at... Abington Memorial Hospital! Mrs. F. knows several current AMH staffpeople. So, on Sunday 1/22/17, Mrs. F and I are going to visit Abington Memorial Hospital, walk some of the areas of the hospital of relevance to this case (such as emergency admissions, ICU) and, as appropriate, chat with AMH staff.

I will update this community about what we learn.

David

I honestly don't. We as a population are always more perplexed by a mother who kills, especially when there's sexual assault involved.

I remember the Sandra Cantu story. Melissa Huckaby was not the image most people had in their mind when considering who had kidnapped and murdered her. There is something extremely shocking when a woman murders a child.

Also, consider what has made the JonBenet Ramsey and Cayley Anthony cases so compelling to the public. These are cases where women were suspected in each case. We always want to know what could drive a woman to go so much against a maternal drive to protect children. It's simply against our nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Thanks for posting this.

I think our ideals regarding mothers as caretakers are outdated by a few decades and somewhat incongruent to the reality of daily life, which is part of the scandalous nature of these tragedies. Not all mothers are caretakers and protectors by virtue of being female.

Add sexual deviancy to the mix and there's your headline. Our horror and outrage is amplified when a mother is involved. Inconceivable.

JS is an evil monster, no two ways about it, but SP is a smoldering chunk of pure evil because we have higher expectations for mothers.

Melissa Huckaby...SMH. I could never wrap my head around that one. RIP Sandra.

Exactly. Thanks for posting this.

I think our ideals regarding mothers as caretakers are outdated by a few decades and somewhat incongruent to the reality of daily life, which is part of the scandalous nature of these tragedies. Not all mothers are caretakers and protectors by virtue of being female. Add sexual deviancy to the mix and there's your headline. Our horror and outrage is amplified when a mother is involved. Inconceivable. JS is an evil monster, no two ways about it, but SP is a smoldering chunk of pure evil because we have higher expectations for mothers. Melissa Huckaby...SMH. I could never wrap my head around that one. RIP Sandra.

"According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, "Yet we continue to persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, an expert on child abuse, who has studied at length about mothers who killed their children. "We should detach from the idea of universal motherhood as natural and see it as a social response," Nancy Scheper-Hughes, medical anthropologist says. "There's a collective denial even when mothers come right out and say, 'I really shouldn't be trusted with my kids.'" The three major factors that often play a role when mothers have killed their children are - postpartum psychosis, psychotic breakdowns brought on by factors such as jealousy and abandonment, and domestic violence."

Mothers Who Kill Their Children
http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

I'll go with option C, "domestic violence".

It's not that unusual for children to be murdered by their abusive mothers, usually "by accident" when the abuse goes too far for the child to survive. This case is different because this was a deliberate rape-murder. Usually, mothers either abuse/neglect their child and the child dies, or they cover up for their male partner when he kills the child. Active participation in a deliberate murder of a child older than one year is more rare.

Sara Packer, 41, a former Northampton County caseworker, Jacob Sullivan, 44, and Katherine Albright moved to the Horsham house after being evicted from a duplex on the 900 block of Cherry Road in Richland Township, Bucks County, according to court records.
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/pol...d-dismembered-teen-update-20170112-story.html

The Packers would go on to foster 30 children as they hopscotched around northeast Pennsylvania for a decade.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grace-p...pe-murder-fantasy-remembered-as-kind-patient/

Adding to her other bad qualities, evidently Sara Packer doesn't know how to be financially responsible. She evidently moved around a lot through the years.

It is my understanding that evictions can take up to six months to process. So they (SP, JS & KA) could have quit paying their rent back in July of last year. Can't remember if SP was working? Why couldn't three adults manage to pay rent?

A VISUAL TOUR: 429B SUMMIT AVE TO ABINGTON HOSPITAL

You may remember that my wife, "Mrs. F" is a registered nurse with years of work in local emergency rooms and correctional medical facilities. Mrs. F shocked me by casually relaying that she has worked many times over the years at... Abington Hospital! On Sunday 1/22/17, Mrs. F and I visited 429B Summit Ave, then drove the shortest route to Abington Hospital and walked some of the areas of the hospital of relevance to this case (such as admissions, ER, intensive care unit). We did not have opportunity to speak with any AH staff. We are sharing the photos from our tour with this community, and the questions we have raised after our tour, and from regularly "talking Grace".

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will continue to focus on Fri December 30th, 2016 ("Suicide Pact") through Sun January 8, 2016 ("JS Confessions).

As per charging documents, on December 30th 2016 first Jacob Patrick Sullivan (JS) and later Sara Packer (SP) were transported from 429B Summit Ave, Horsham PA to Abington Hospital (AH) under very peculiar circumstances (see prior posts). On January 8, 2017, while a patient at AH, JS began confessing to the kidnapping/rape/murder of Grace Anastasia Packer (GP), implicating SP as a perpetrator and conspirator in this heinous and obscene crime. For an unknown timespan, JS and SP were both admitted patients inside AH during a very critical time in this case.

QUESTIONS:

> Do we know the TIME of admission for SP to AH, or the DATE/TIME of SP discharge from AH?

> During the timespan JS and SP were both patients inside AH, were each restrained (cuffed to the bed)?

> Is it feasible that SP (believed to be in better physical health after "Suicide Pact") could have communicated in any ways with JS while both were inside AH?

> Were there visitor logs for JS and SP? Mrs. F's experience working in AH is that there would NOT be visitor logs for either patient, UNLESS one/both were being treated as police holds, prisoners, etc. The emphasis is on documenting who was able to communicate with JS and SP during their inpatient stay at AH. Please note that JS was a patient in AH for 9 DAYS before he began to confess to any/all listeners on Sun Jan 8, 2017. Where was Sara Packer during those 9 days? Where was Katherine Allbright? Who were the "family visitors" to which JS confessed on Sun Dec 8?

In short, Jacob Sullivan entered Abington Hospital on Fri Dec 30, 2016 after allegedly writing a suicide note listing Sara Packer as his sole motivation for living, and "Sara in prison" as his motivation for suicide.

8 days later on Sun Jan 8, 2017, Jacob Sullivan began an "orgy of confession" implicating himself and Sara Packer and elevating this case to worldwide attention.

So, in that 9 day timespan inside Abington Hospital: WHAT HAPPENED TO JACOB PATRICK SULLIVAN?

David

Attachments

• 429B Summit Ave Horsham PA Sun 1-22-17 20170122_115358(A).jpg
    429B Summit Ave Horsham PA Sun 1-22-17 20170122_115358(A).jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 248
  • Google Map 429B Summit Ave - Abington Hospital 1-22-17.jpg
    Google Map 429B Summit Ave - Abington Hospital 1-22-17.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 240
  • Abington Hospital ER 1200 Old York Road Abington PA Sun 1-22-17 20170122_124219(A).jpg
    Abington Hospital ER 1200 Old York Road Abington PA Sun 1-22-17 20170122_124219(A).jpg
    160 KB · Views: 246
Adding to her other bad qualities, evidently Sara Packer doesn't know how to be financially responsible. She evidently moved around a lot through the years.

It is my understanding that evictions can take up to six months to process. So they (SP, JS & KA) could have quit paying their rent back in July of last year. Can't remember if SP was working? Why couldn't three adults manage to pay rent?

I'm not sure about other states, but I went through an eviction in another state and it did not take 6 months. it was less than two months between first notice and sheriff department "kick out."

So add that to my list of bad qualities.

(Although just for the record, I'm a good person who pays bills. I was stupid and didn't realize someone I trusted was an addict and they spent the rent money on meth instead of taking it to the landlord.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation
Back