PA - Gretchen Harrington, 8, found murdered, Marple Twp, 15 Aug 1975 *arrest in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's so frustrating. If clergy were investigated properly in 1975, her family would have had answers so much sooner. I live in a city in PA with an OVERWHELMING history of sexual abuse within the church, and no one acknowledges it. The separation of church and state, one of the primary reasons this country was founded, is so far from a reality.
I’m also in Pennsylvania so I know exactly what you mean

Zandstra has been charged with criminal homicide, murder of the first, second, and third degree, as well as kidnapping of a minor and the possession of an instrument of crime.

California cops investigate if 'monster' ex-pastor David Zandstra, 83, arrested for 1975 killing of Pennsylvania girl, 8, on her way to bible school is linked to 1991 disappearance of four-year-old girl in Bay Area​

California cops investigate if 'monster' ex-pastor David Zandstra, 83, arrested for 1975 killing of Pennsylvania girl, 8, on her way to bible school is linked to 1991 disappearance of four-year-old girl in Bay Area​

This may be linked 2 another case I also put this in the other thread about this little girl​

CA - Amanda Campbell, 4, Fairfield, 27 Dec 1991​

He's still sitting in the Cobb County Jail in Georgia.

Wonder what the status is of his extradition/court case to get him to Pennsylvania? Last entry I see is August 1.

28-JUL-2023
08:35 AM
MOTION
Entry:
ATTORNEY MADDOX KILGORE FILED "EMERGENCY MOTION TO WITHDRAW WAIVER OF EXTRADITION" COPY GIVEN TO ATTORNEY TO WALK TO JUDGE MURPHY HIMSELF.​
01-AUG-2023
03:11 PM
ENTRY OF APPEARANCE
Entry:
MADDOX KILGORE​

Looks like DZ's attorney while in GA is Maddox Kilgore.

Hard to believe that, given folks knew he molested children back in 1975, no one put two and two together. Was he ever interviewed? I guess back then people gave priests etc. a pass, believing that being a man of god meant they were incapable of such acts. I mean if they had developed a suspect list, wouldn't this guy have been on it somewhere? And and interview of his daughter would have likely turned up the information about his activities.
This is sad on what is saying he did this part here

Police honed in on Zandstra as a suspect in January, when investigators interviewed an unnamed witness who was best friends with his daughter when Gretchen disappeared, according to a criminal complaint. The witness said that she often went to sleepovers at Zandstra’s home, and during one about a week before Gretchen’s disappearance, Zandstra molested her. When the witness told Zandstra’s daughter what had happened, she told her friend that Zandstra “does that sometimes,” the complaint said.

The fact that his daughter had said to her best friend, “He does that sometimes,” after her friend mentioned the molestation… yikes! The daughter speaks from experience!

The fact that his daughter had said to her best friend, “He does that sometimes,” after her friend mentioned the molestation… yikes! The daughter speaks from experience!

Hi there! (brand newbie here)
So…sad that it took this long to charge that “Pastor” Cops might've figured it out back then. I remember as a kid in the 70’s, adults could be super-dismissive of our opinions & observations. Wonder how many more victims he had past 50 years?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back