PA - infant Leon Katz murdered, twin injured, allegedly by babysitter, Pittsburgh- June 24, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unless they came in through a secret passage, no family (or anyone else) was in there. Just the attorneys and the judge and clerks.
Do you happen to know exactly what the pre-trial conference entails? Was it just as they told you, the setting up of the status hearing dates which precede the Dec 10 trial? And do you think that the trial will in fact begin then, or are they likely to move it up?

This is a bit confusing:
IMG_4821.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless they came in through a secret passage, no family (or anyone else) was in there. Just the attorneys and the judge and clerks.
I thought courts were public buildings to which the public had rights of access? Unless it's a closed hearing, for some unknown reason, but this was just setting a timetable, right?

Do you happen to know exactly what the pre-trial conference entails? Was it just as they told you, the setting up of the status hearing dates which precede the Dec 10 trial? And do you think that the trial will in fact begin then, or are they likely to move it up?

This is a bit confusing:
View attachment 530971
My understanding from today was they would simply set up next hearing and trial dates. I can tell you it lasted less then ten minutes.

ETA: I don’t think the trial date will be moved up. The trial calendars are set for months ahead.

Last edited:
I thought courts were public buildings to which the public had rights of access? Unless it's a closed hearing, for some unknown reason, but this was just setting a timetable, right?
Well, I was easily able to enter the courthouse (after metal detectors) and make it to the hallway. The judge’s chambers had a door that they kept locking and unlocking depending on who they were allowing in. I asked if I could enter, they said they’d call for us at 9 am. At 9 am, the judge next door (Flaherty) jovially came out and invited people into his room. Never happened in 327. No announcement. Attorneys were let in, door immediately closed behind them. I tried to enter, but someone was standing in front of the door to not allow me in. No one else was trying to enter and not allowed. Just me. I guess I wasn’t recognized as a party to the case, someone they already knew.

usually pretrial conferences are just setting dates and sometimes, later on, having the parties agree to some stipulations that define what the case is... IMO.

Well, I was easily able to enter the courthouse (after metal detectors) and make it to the hallway. The judge’s chambers had a door that they kept locking and unlocking depending on who they were allowing in. I asked if I could enter, they said they’d call for us at 9 am. At 9 am, the judge next door (Flaherty) jovially came out and invited people into his room. Never happened in 327. No announcement. Attorneys were let in, door immediately closed behind them. I tried to enter, but someone was standing in front of the door to not allow me in. No one else was trying to enter and not allowed. Just me. I guess I wasn’t recognized as a party to the case, someone they already knew.
I give you credit for trying. ;)

I’ll be surprised if this jury trial begins this December 2024 as planned. I expect Motion after Motion after Motion to be filed as per usual. This will probably be a high profile trial for our Pittsburgh area, due to it being a murder trial . In my
68 years, I have never received a Notice to appear for a jury selection ! Ever ! I hope my streak is not ended with a Notice at this point. I’m would not want to be a juror for this trial, I don’t think. The death of a little baby , no matter the substance, would be too difficult for me. I remember watching all of the live trials on Court TV from its inception ! I loved watching those trials, I think the Casey Anthony trial caused my divorce, lol along with the OJ trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah
Back