GUILTY PA - Jared Klein, 6, stabbed to death, Tyrone, 26 Dec 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SadieMae said:
I just hope the coward that killed a little boy gets everything he deserves in this life and the next. This broke my heart....this little 6year old boy was more man than his killer. He lost his life protecting his Momma. My prayers go out to his family.

I agree. I think he will get what is coming to him. I am a firm believer in karma, and I do think karma will make itself known in his life. It may not be today or tomorrow, but it'll happen.

I, for one, would have no problem in speeding up the process and helping karma out.

Poor little boy. I don't honestly think I could go on. No, I know I couldn't. I couldn't bear the pain and heartbreak. How can this mother ever recover from this? I hope she can.

Oh geez.
What next.
Prayers for the mother, and I too hope she can go on.....

Looking at the video link this little boy looks so small and the *advertiser censored***h*** that murdered him looks like a really big guy (physically). Why did he feel it was necessary to kill Jared? He couldn't have done much harm to him. Why didn't he just leave it at getting him away...a push, shove? I'm not sure why I'm asking these things it's just so mind boggling that someone could do that to a child that's just trying to protect his mom and sister. I hope while his waiting for his trial that all the other prisoners are made aware of what he's done and exact their judgement on him. I hope he never has one moment where he can close his eyes and feel safe. Then I hope he gets the death penalty and for one time that justice is swift. He doesn't deserve to breathe one more breath than necessary.

My heart goes out to little Jared's family. I pray for his mom and his sister. His sister will grow up knowing that even though he was only six years old he will be the biggest hero that she will ever know.
Sorry, I'm rambling but sometimes I feel like I've become desensitized to all the horrible things going on in the world and then I read something like this.

Poor little guy, this breaks my heart. My son will be 6.

Early Friday morning, a Blair County jury found Nathan Shaw guilty of first degree murder in the December 2005 stabbing death of 6-year-old Jared Klein.

Just before 1 a.m. Friday morning, after nearly 9 hours of deliberating, the jury made a decision and found Shaw guilty of first degree murder and several other charges, including raping Klein's mother, Christina Moyo.

According to witnesses, Shaw showed no emotion as the verdict was read, but simply shook his head "no" while looking at the jury. Witnesses said Moyo and her family shed tears of joy.

After the jury left the courtroom, Shaw told his attorneys, "I know what happened. I know what I did."

http://www.wjactv.com/news/10761741/detail.html

This guy has had so much going on that I am going to give you the whole thing.

Nathan Todd Shaw
Housed: SCI Dallas

Arrest Date: 12/08/1999 - Sentence Date: 01/21/2000
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Simple Assault - Guilty Plea - Probation
Offense: Resist Arrest/Other LE - Guilty Plea - Probation
Offense: Disorderly Conduct - Guilty Plea - No sentence listed
Offense: Disorderly Conduct - Dismissed
Offense: Harassment/Strike, Shove, Kick, Etc. - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Escape - Nolle Prossed

Arrest Date: Unspecified - Sentence Date: 07/20/2001
Offense: Theft by Unlawful Taking-Movable Prop. - Guilty Plea - Probation
Offense: Receiving Stolen Property - Guilty Plea - Confinement - Unspecified

Arrest Date: 06/15/2001 - Sentence Date: 07/16/2004
Offense: Theft by Unlawful Taking-Movable Prop. - Guilty Plea - Confinement - Unspecified
Offense: Theft by Unlawful Taking-Movable Prop. - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Unauthorized Use Motor/Other Vehicle - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Criminal Mischief/Tamper w/ Property - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Theft from a Motor Vehicle - Nolle Prossed

Arrest Date: 02/27/2002 - Sentence Date: 07/08/2002
Offense: Robbery - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Receiving Stolen Property - Guilty Plea - Probation
Offense: Disorderly Conduct - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Harrassment/Strike, Shove, Kick, Etc. - Nolle Prossed

Arrest Date: Unspecified - Sentence Date: 07/18/2003
Offense: Simple Assault - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Disorderly Conduct - Guilty Plea - No sentence given
Offense: Public Drunkenness and Similar Conduct - Guilty Plea - No sentence given

Arrest Date: 11/26/2003 - Sentence Date: 01/16/2004
Offense: False Report-Falsely Incriminate Another - Nolle Prossed
Offense: False Identification to LEO - Guilty Plea - Probation
Offense: Loitering - Nolle Prossed

Arrest Date: 05/29/2004 - Sentence Date: 07/16/2004
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Simple Assault - Nolle Prossed
Offense: Simple Assault - Guilty Plea - Confinement: 6 months - 1 year
Offense: Resist Arrest/Other LE - Guilty Plea - Confinement: 6 months - 1 year

Arrest Date: 01/10/2006 - Guilty by Trial - Sentenced: 01/18/2007
Offense: Criminal Homicide - Confinement: Life
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Confinement: 84 - 168 months
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Confinement: 84 - 168 months
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Merged
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Sentence combined on next offense
Offense: Rape Forcible Compulsion - Sentence: 96 - 192 months
Offense: Sexual Assault - No Further Penalty
Offense: Aggravated Indecent Assault w/o Consent - Combined Sentence
Offense: Aggravated Indecent Assault-Forcible Compulsion - Combined Sentence
Offense: Aggravated Indecent Assault-Threat of Forcible Compulsion - Combined Sentence
Offense: Theft by Unlawful Taking-Movable Prop. - Combine w/ above - Sentence: 19 - 38 months
Offense: Indecent Assault-w/o Consent of Other - No Further Penalty
Offense: Indecent Assault Forcible Compulsion - Combined with next offense
Offense: Unlawful Restraint/Serious Bodily Injury - Sentence: 15 - 30 months
Offense: False Imprisonment - No Further Penalty

06/16/2008 - Superior Court Affirms Conviction
04/13/2010 - Amended Post-Conviction Relief Act Petition Filed

Arrest Date: 12/06/2006 - Sentence Date: 09/14/2007
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Not Guilty
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Not Guilty
Offense: Aggravated Assault - Guilty - Sentence Combined
Offense: Simple Assault - Guilty - Sentence Combined
Offense: Assault by Prisoner - Guilty - Sentence: 27 - 54 months
Offense: Recklessly Endangering Another Person - Guilty - No sentence given
Offense: Harassment-Subject Other to Physical Contact - Guilty - No sentence given
Offense: Disorderly Conduct-Engage in Fighting - Guilty - No sentence given
Offense: Disorderly Conduct-Unreasonable Noise - Guilty - No sentence given
Offense: Disorderly Conduct-Obscene Language/Gesture - Guilty - No sentence given
Offense: Disorderly Conduct-Hazardous Physical Off. - Guilty - No sentence given

These offenses apparently were incurred while already in prison
01/06/2009 - Supreme Court Affirms Conviction

Nolle prosequi

[Latin, Will not prosecute.]

The term nolle prosequi is used in reference to a formal entry upon the record made by a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit or a prosecutor in a criminal action in which that individual declares that he or she wishes to discontinue the action as to certain defendants, certain issues, or altogether. A nolle prosequi is commonly known as nol pros.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Nolle+prossed

Note: I have gone to the trouble of putting all of the cases on here, because I think it shows us a very clear landscape of criminals being continually let go with probation. You can see an escalation of behavior all the way until the murder. Had this person been adequately punished for all of the previous offenses, maybe the life of little Jared would have been spared.

This case really bothers me. This guy has such a long history of non-sufficient sentencing for violent offenses. I don't understand why he was left on the streets until he finally killed a child. It just seems so entirely avoidable. I just don't get it. Why do they have to wait until a child is killed to lock them up? So many, many charges were dropped on this guy. I don't see the continued justification to give him breaks and deals. What the hell were they thinking?

From March 2011:

http://www.tribdem.com/news/local_n...cle_24e08b2b-5d7b-57fa-914b-f1cf9c1c19aa.html

Shaw, 32, of Tyrone was convicted in January 2007 of the late 2005 stabbing death of Jared Klein, the son of his then-estranged girlfriend.

Police say the boy died the day after Christmas 2005, after Shaw went into his mother’s home, raped her and stabbed the boy when he tried to defend her. The stabbing occurred after Shaw beat and attempted to strangle Jared...

[H]e was sentenced in spring 2007 to life in prison without the chance of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale
Back