GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That story makes my skin crawl. I can't understand the mom's timeline. She said only the two of them had been in the office using the computer, and he asked her to call for garbage pickup. Why didn't he call himself? Was this after she came home?

Yes, this would have been after she came home from FL, but before he confessed. Remember, Jessica was 'missing' for 5 days. This obviously happened right in there, probably day 1 or 2.

Regarding the fears that GG will prevail in this case: I really don't know how anyone could think any attorney, even the most "high-powered" one is going to get this guy off where he walks out a free man. It's not going to happen. They have him on video doing the deed. That's direct evidence, the "smoking gun." He confessed. That's direct evidence. And then all the circumstantial evidence, blood, hair, fibers, the body.

Even if the attorney attempts to blame everyone else in GG's life, nothing in the law justifies 1st degree premeditated murder. His life wasn't in danger, so no self-defense. He's not legally insane, as he clearly knew right from wrong, knew he was committing crimes and tried to cover it up. It was premeditated, so he can't claim a fight broke out and oops (which would have been needed for a lesser 2nd degree charge).

This guy is toast. This will not be an OJ outcome, GG is not some celebrity, there's nothing racial for an attorney to play on. GG will never walk free no matter what he or his attorney attempt.

That would be a horrendous betrayal!

I bet this lawyer is going to try to make GG's mom look like the mother of Sybil; make the wife look like Mommy Dearest; paint JP as a manipulator, man-tease, loosey-goosey, etc., and try to make GG the victim of all women. I hate him already because I know he's going to try to tarnish this sweet woman's reputation.. for what? Publicity and money? If he does that, I hope he gets the same early ending the OJ Simpson lawyers all got.... early 'retirement'.

I just loved the lame story he came up with about how Jessica was "in financial trouble" and "people were after her". Give me a freaking break. What, the mob was after a young mom of three? He is so awfully stupid. I mean, like equivalent to the village idiot stupid.

I had noticed something odd about the way GG interacted with women. It was mentioned by a poster earlier in this thread about him making sexual comments towards his son's wife. I did a little digging and found a definite pattern on how he interacted with women. It was always younger women, pretty women. He would comment to them on social media and always tried to steer the conversation to talk about either his hunting or which animals he favored. I think killing animals was constantly on his mind. For example, someone posted a photo of their young son. Instead of complimenting the photo, he commented about how he couldn't wait to take him out hog hunting. And he tried to be very coy and cutesy. He ended almost every comment he made on women's pages with "lol". It was very subtle, but if you read enough of his responses you can pick up on the pattern. I think he was secretly very deeply misogynistic and frustrated. I wouldn't be surprised if he was extremely angry and resentful towards Jessica because she represented what he wanted and couldn't have. I do definitely think he's been obsessed with other family members previously (all young pretty women).

I don't know if it's just they way I'm personally interpreting it, but this article makes it seem like Jessica's mother may have suspected GG even before he confessed. She directed the police to his shoes that were missing the straps TWO days before his arrest. And it makes me wonder if she'd noticed the stains on the floor. If this is true, I can't imagine what that poor woman must have gone through in those few days.

She needs to stay married to him for awhile. Liquidate everything this guy owns that doesn't require a joint signature to sell.
Guns, boats, building supplies, ATV's, taxidermy mounts, tools, electronics, everything near and dear to him..............dump it.

Once the divorce papers are filed, it will be against the judge's orders to liquidate stuff without permission from the court, that 's just standard procedure.

She could wipe him out, and with him sitting in jail, he wouldn't be able to do a darn thing about it.

Would anybody blame her ?

There's got to be a financial and legal reason to stay married. I'm not versed in the legal benefits of either.
The other legal thing is as his wife she does not have to testify against him.

Yes, this would have been after she came home from FL, but before he confessed. Remember, Jessica was 'missing' for 5 days. This obviously happened right in there, probably day 1 or 2.

Regarding the fears that GG will prevail in this case: I really don't know how anyone could think any attorney, even the most "high-powered" one is going to get this guy off where he walks out a free man. It's not going to happen. They have him on video doing the deed. That's direct evidence, the "smoking gun." He confessed. That's direct evidence. And then all the circumstantial evidence, blood, hair, fibers, the body.

Even if the attorney attempts to blame everyone else in GG's life, nothing in the law justifies 1st degree premeditated murder. His life wasn't in danger, so no self-defense. He's not legally insane, as he clearly knew right from wrong, knew he was committing crimes and tried to cover it up. It was premeditated, so he can't claim a fight broke out and oops (which would have been needed for a lesser 2nd degree charge).

This guy is toast. This will not be an OJ outcome, GG is not some celebrity, there's nothing racial for an attorney to play on. GG will never walk free no matter what he or his attorney attempt.
I agree with you. That is not what I meant. I only meant the lawyer is in it for publicity and money. Predator!

I agree with you. That is not what I meant. I only meant the lawyer is in it for publicity and money. Predator!

Unless the attorney took the case pro bono or for a reduced fee. Some high powered attorneys do that, though I'm not saying this attorney did, because I surely don't know. The attorney is not a predator for taking the case and he didn't do anything wrong. He will get publicity because there will be media stories published and those stories will include the name of GG's attorney. Defense attorneys are very much an integral part in the adversarial criminal justice system setup in this country. It has nothing to do with how horrible the perp is, but it's important that everyone get representation and the state meet its constitutional burden so when the defendant is put away for life (as surely GG will be), there won't be any doubt or chance that the defendant was represented by an incompetent attorney, which would then be used as a point in a future appeal. The only one who is the predator in this case is Graf. Were it not for him murdering his stepdaughter, this attorney nor any other would have needed to be retained.

I just loved the lame story he came up with about how Jessica was "in financial trouble" and "people were after her". Give me a freaking break. What, the mob was after a young mom of three? He is so awfully stupid. I mean, like equivalent to the village idiot stupid.

I had noticed something odd about the way GG interacted with women. It was mentioned by a poster earlier in this thread about him making sexual comments towards his son's wife. I did a little digging and found a definite pattern on how he interacted with women. It was always younger women, pretty women. He would comment to them on social media and always tried to steer the conversation to talk about either his hunting or which animals he favored. I think killing animals was constantly on his mind. For example, someone posted a photo of their young son. Instead of complimenting the photo, he commented about how he couldn't wait to take him out hog hunting. And he tried to be very coy and cutesy. He ended almost every comment he made on women's pages with "lol". It was very subtle, but if you read enough of his responses you can pick up on the pattern. I think he was secretly very deeply misogynistic and frustrated. I wouldn't be surprised if he was extremely angry and resentful towards Jessica because she represented what he wanted and couldn't have. I do definitely think he's been obsessed with other family members previously (all young pretty women).

I had some time tonight to do some digging too on FB. I was looking through Jessica's pictures. And the ones I saw GG comment on were nothing but negative. Pics of her kids, he made rude comments. Pics of her husband...more rude comments. I wonder if looking back now, the husband and other family members could tell something was not right with his behavior.
I also wondered when this first happened...and I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone at all...were they having some kind of inappropriate relationship? And maybe she called it off when she got married. And that sent him over the edge. But it was reported in one of the news outlets that no inappropriate relationship was thought to be had so that squashed my very first idea when I found out it was him.

It also looks like some of his comments on some pics have been deleted. Because some of her comments seem to be in response to @greg. But it makes no sense in the context of the posts.

I wonder if Jessica herself deleted comments by him because of his rudeness. I'm thinking many people probably thought he was an *advertiser censored**, but just tolerated and ignored the behavior because he was a family member. He came across as so bitter and resentful to me. And he never made these sorts of comments to men or *older* women, it was always the younger ones.

I considered an affair of some sort at first too, but dismissed it quickly as well. It just didn't make sense, and I mean no disrespect because I am far from perfect myself, but I can't see a young woman as pretty as Jessica, with an attractive young fiance/then husband having any interest romantically or sexually in someone like Graf.

I highly doubt Jessica was involved with Graf. There's been no evidence of such. I believe this was all on him and his own fantasies. He just seemed like a horrible person on many levels, culminating with the preplanned murder. I hope he'll rot in prison the rest of his life (I have no doubt he will).

We discussed abuse or a relationship between JP and GG I don't think this was the case as I originally thought was possible.
I really think that GG started his necrophilla with the animals he killed. When the squirrels, beavers, then deer and larger game weren't working for him anymore he started on larger animals and actually started a functioning business hunting in Florida, then there was that African safari killing spree with the strange monkey photo. He couldn't go back to the measly easy animal kills so he sickness lea him right to Jessica. They probably have all kinds of stuff on his computer.
It blows my mind he asked a neighbor to cover for him. Thank God he was dumber than a door knob . Actually I'd like to apologize to all door knobs for even putting him in the same category.

I keep waiting to see if the drug charges have been announced yet. Articles keep referring to the drugs, and "possible charges pending" but I haven't seen a word about it. Drug charges don't seem to be included in the current charges, so I'm wondering if there's going to be a separate trial for this. Might be a clever move....two separate cases, two separate sentences.

Step-Father's Preliminary Hearing Re-Scheduled for Friday, January 30th

Gregory Robert Graf, White / Male / 53 Years Old

Day 47 since Jessica's 11/21/14 Death.

Your Two-Click Source* Of Lower Court:

ChargeS --- No Bail, Pre-Trial Confinement --- MotionS ---

Scheduled Court DateS --- Advancement to Upper Court

Lower Court Criminal Docket SheetS*:

*https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03207-CR-0000114-2014*

*https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03207-CR-0000118-2014*

"Recent Entries made in the Court Filing Offices may not be
immediately reflected on these Docket Sheets..."

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail Since 11/26/14.

18 § 2501 §§ A (F1) :: Criminal Homicide

18 § 5510 (M2) :: Abuse Of Corpse

Grades of PA Crimes:
H1 = Heinous of 1st Degree; H2
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree; F2; F3
M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree; M2; M3
S = Summary

Historically, Most PA Charges Like These Are Closed-Out in Lower, Magisterial District Court,
then Advanced & Merged, with a New Docket Number, to Upper Courts of Common Pleas.
{ A when-issued Upper Court Docket Number should resemble: CP-48-CR-0000____-2015 }

Our Thanks To All Of Jessica's Tireless, On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.

Step-Father's Preliminary Hearing Re-Scheduled for Friday, January 30th

Gregory Robert Graf, White / Male / 53 Years Old

Day 47 since Jessica's 11/21/14 Death.

Lower Court Criminal Docket SheetS*:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03207-CR-0000114-2014

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-03207-CR-0000118-2014

Pre-Trial Confinement Without Bail Since 11/26/14.

18 § 2501 §§ A (F1) :: Criminal Homicide

"Recent Entries made in the Court Filing Offices may not be
immediately reflected on these Docket Sheets..."

Grades of PA Crimes:
H1 = Heinous of 1st Degree; H2
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree; F2; F3
M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree; M2; M3
S = Summary

Our Thanks To All Of Jessica's Tireless, On-Line, and In-Person Searchers.
Ugh. My birthday. [emoji35]

Although I would not be disappointed to receive the "gift" of someone shooting him in the head in the courtroom.

Also, why does this not warrant a crime grade of H1?!?

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...sf/2015/01/allen_township_man_accused_of.html

Jessica's mother has filed for divorce. Seems GG was shady with "their" money too. Such an awful shame. sigh

What an utter and complete piece of human trash this man is.

"Following his arrest, the Grafs agreed that any withdraws he made from their assets would have to be approved by both of them, according to court documents"... "Danelle Graf discovered that her husband withdrew $60,000 on Dec. 22 without any prior notice, according to court documents... "Graf is scheduled to appear at his preliminary arraignment Friday in Northampton County Court. He has hired Jack McMahon, a prominent Philadelphia criminal defense attorney, to represent him."

Well I guess we know where that 60 grand went.

Who has $60k just laying around to withdraw?

You'd be surprised. Lots of people have bank accounts with decent amounts of cash in them.

This guy owned 1 (or 2) businesses plus his marijuana biz, with cash laying around the house just from that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back