Found Deceased PA - Joseph 'Joey' Ressler, 24, West Hempfield, 26 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we all feeling confident that Joey sent the "goodbye" text? Why wipe the phone...? Hmmmm
Joey, where are you, you need to come home now.

Hi JadeSLeuth. I had these same two thoughts last night but I was half asleep and couldn't post what I was trying to say coherently enough.

I see that it was a younger boy who found the phone and it was mentioned he originally wanted to keep the phone. Maybe he's the one who cleared all the text and call info thinking he was going to keep the phone?

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi JadeSLeuth. I had these same two thoughts last night but I was half asleep and couldn't post what I was trying to say coherently enough.

I see that it was a younger boy who found the phone and it was mentioned he originally wanted to keep the phone. Maybe he's the one who cleared all the text and call info thinking he was going to keep the phone?

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, I wondered that about the 14 yo also Limecat. I imagine that he'd say so if he was the one who wiped it.

If I'm understanding this correctly it took LE officers 10 - 12 days to do a missing person report on this individual.

If one were trying to avoid arrest I would not expect them to accept an offer to eat at a public establishment in broad daylight.
And it seems illogical to assume that someone would disappear themselves because of an outstanding warrant right after eating in a local small-town restaurant in the middle of the day where he would have been seen and possibly arrested.

Walking long distances and working out helps combat the craving for drugs. These are things that you can do if you are trying to quit or you don't have or cant get a fix...imo
But I find it difficult to believe that Joey walked an 8 mi circle from the alleged drop off point at home to a neighbors yard between 3:30am and 12:30pm.
Is it possible that he walked home from Lancaster. Maybe he didn't score the drugs like his associates say. Maybe he didn't have the funds and couldn't get fronted. Maybe a deal went wrong. Then the next best thing when you can't get a fix is alcohol for some people.
His tracker begins right about closing time for bars. If you're broke and need a drink then walking into a bar and leaving without paying the tab is a way to get some medicine. I would show his picture to bartenders in Lancaster just to see if he may have been there. I'm just having doubts about the "friends" story about dropping him off at home.

The discovery of the phone and personal tracker under the bridge (if true) seems staged. Whom ever left those items there knew that they would be found by kids that hangout there..imo
Wiping the phone after sending a text would be to conceal information...maybe names and numbers of those he was in contact with right before he disappeared.

JMO

I think the tracker will tell a good bit of the story - stroke of luck to have that. I wish we knew more about the"goodbye" text. I'm at about 40% on the phone placement and "goodbye" text being staged.

The call logs and texts were manually deleted. If the phone had been fully reset, then the tracker app data would be gone too. Therefore, I'd say it's recoverable.

Just thinkin'. All MOO.

Come on Joey, you are loved and needed at home!

Thank you very much. No we haven't gone that far yet to get an advocate, but it has been on some online news papers and his friends are helping us on Facebook it seems to be really moving on there. Someone contacted us about bringing in K9s and a search team out of Philadelphia,Pa. I told him I would get back to him. Tomorrow we will check in with the police and see if any tips have come in and go from there. We were just giving it time to see if he would be found local here before spreading out. We go back and forth between he ran off out of state and he is dead somewhere.

Coldpizza I will fill out the form asap... We may play phone tag cause we are crazy busy around here.
We have our own small trucking business between that, trying to find Joey and my husband not dealing with this very well at all. I am running 24/7 most days.
Richard:
I screen shot your message to take with me. I will get the case number.
Joey is on foot.
I am sure he is now scruffy with a brown beard.
He took nothing with him just the clothes he was wearing.
He doesn't have Health Problems but he is an addict.... On our poster, I was avoiding saying that.
He had $900.00 on him but some of that was spent on drugs.
No credit cards
No Millitary
No Joey does not have a Commercial Drivers License. He has no license because he lost them due to his arrest, he is carrying his passport for ID.

There are are things I could add but nothing that would help get him found and my head is all over the place so I'm sure my words are all over ��.

MyJoey...thank you for stopping by here. I know you are trying to think of everything and anything. Keep hoping for good news and take care of yourself, also. Your boy needs you to be strong.

If there is anything I can do...other than sharing his info (which I am doing)...please don't hesitate.

Praying for your family and good news.

Are we all feeling confident that Joey sent the "goodbye" text? Why wipe the phone...? Hmmmm
Joey, where are you, you need to come home now.

Laughing Richard ...that poster is all over Facebook, it's the first one I did and his first name is spelled wrong, not one person pointed it out to me.

Joey wiped the phone of all calls he made, all texts and the text free app he was using. So I couldn't find who he was talking with.

Joey wiped the phone of all calls he made, all texts and the text free app he was using. So I couldn't find who he was talking with.

I'm wondering, like another poster upthread said, if the kid who found the phone may have wiped it - since he wanted the phone for himself. LE can subpoena phone records and get phone numbers of who he was calling and texting and the times. Please look into that. It's possible that whoever he was communicating with may have some info. Perhaps someone here with a bit more experience can explain how that works. Sending love and prayers to you.

The thing with the "goodbye" is how did he mean it? Last night I was on Facebook, there is a page I go to all the time just to read stories of hope and some have lost the battle it's called (I hate heroin) of course the mother that started the page knows all to well what this drug will do to a person...... Sadly as I was getting on last night a post came up that the page will be closed for a week because Vicki lost 2 of her sons to an overdose last night. Totally ripped me up but that is the reality of this drug. My heart just hurts so bad for her and the family. I want to say I can't imagine, but I can.
Whichever way Joey said goodbye if he is not found soon, he will be dead. He progresses quickly in his use. The only thing that may slow him down is a lack of funds. Joey was left a pretty nice amount of money by his grandparents it's in a trust fund that we control. His next payout is when he turns 25. The money has not been a blessing for him and there is always a battle over him getting his hands on it. I hate putting this stuff out there because someday he may see it but at this point, I don't think it matters. He was clean 4 months because he was forced to be, he was in jail. March 26 the day he took off is the same day he was released from jail. We picked him up at 8am and we spent a great day together, the whole family it ended with us all going out to dinner. When we got home he took off, knowing that he was to report in on Monday and get hooked up for house arrest. When he went to jail he had $2400.00 on him. What was left when he was released was it put on a Visa card $900.00. As soon as he was picked up by the friends he got $600.00 out at an ATM that was around 9pm then at midnight got the rest $300.00 out at another ATM. My thoughts are he spent the $600.00 on drugs. There is so much to his story, not anything that will help us find him but it will give a better picture of where his head was at, well that's not true cause no one can make sense of the things addicts do...... Lord knows we have tried. Thanks for the support and all I can ask is to please keep putting his face out there. We love him so much and have fought for him so long but he is so worth it. I know the reality, but I don't want to. (((Hugs)))

If Joey's device is on your account, you can get the phone records. Did he have an iphone?
If he was using an iphone you will not see his imessages, but, you can see a lg of calls and text messages.
If he was using an android and you have access to his google drive, that can give you some info.

Did he leave a computer behind?

I'm sure it was Joey that wiped it. He has done it before because he knows I will hunt down where he got the drug and flip them guys in so quick. Been there done that many times, he hates me for it. I have seen guys Facebook him saying "dude quit calling me for stuff your mom is freaking me out". I have gone places to get him that police don't want to go to. I have also done some stuff that wasn't legal to get him cleaned up. Believe me when there's an addict in the family, the family goes into protect mode. It's the addict and the crazy family trying to save him. All his list of phone numbers are still on the phone, I have been sending out posters to every number on there. However the texting app that he would use for getting drugs is gone. Only hope I have is figuring out his password to his gmail account or there is a guy at Apple who is trying to pull some strings but it's taking time and I'm not sure he will be able to help me.

With these text free apps they use you can't see anything once its deleted. His phone is on my account but it just shows he made a 15 min call and 122 texts don't show who they were to. Anything shady he would use the text free app for. It is an iPhone and his user ID is his email account .... Been trying every pass word I can think of. I'm getting some sleep, sleeping pill kicking in ..... Thank goodness for them. I'll give an update once we talk to the police tomorrow. �� Thanks

MyJoey, did the SAR team come out and do a grid and K9 search? Are the local Police open to outside SAR resources taking a look?

As the phone was found under the bridge, I would suggest walking the rail line from the bridge to Colombia. Rail right-of-way is an easy egress route that avoids public attention. At Colombia, it turns at the river and goes North, under 30 and past Chickies Rock County Park and the popular rock climbing spot. I would have LE and Park Staff check with regular climbers and see if anyone saw him, if so that would mean he was following the rail right-of-way North. If not, the next logical guess is the Susquehanna River. The river search area would be from Colombia South to the Conowingo Dam at RT 1. A print evidence search along the river at Colombia "could" help establish in the water or not.

Dogs may have difficulty with tracking on the rail ballast (rock) since the snow and rain, and the uneven footing would be difficult for the dogs and handlers (speaking from experience).

Other than Greater Philadelphia Search and Rescue in Philly, there is Wolfpack SAR in Allentown, they are pretty good, and going to the PA SAR Council website, you will probably find SAR teams local to Lancaster. They will have to be invited by the Police or Township due to liability concerns. All SAR in PA is self funded with no State financial aid or liability protection such as Fire Departments have.

Hershey Joseph “Joey” Ressler III - Probation Violation Arrest Warrant - Lancaster Cnty - 26 Mar 2016

Joey Ressler :: White / Male / 24 Years Old :: On Foot

5’ 9″ :: 220 Lbs. :: Brown Eyes :: Buzz-Cut Brown Hair :: Brown Scruffy Beard

Numerous Tattoos :: 3" Scar Outer Left Hand

Black Hooded Sweatshirt :: Black T-Shirt :: Green Pants :: $ome Ca$h

Mountville, & West Hempfield Township, Lancaster County, are in South-Eastern, PA.

Day Seventeen

Flyer:

12924462_1678114505770502_5159501081407133570_n.jpg

Joey's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009434272277&fref=ts

West Hempfield Township Police Department :: (800) 957-2677

https://lancaster.crimewatchpa.com/westhempfieldpd/11465/post/missing-personwanted-person
&
https://www.facebook.com/westhempfieldpolice/

Criminal Court Docket Sheet:

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CPReport.ashx?docketNumber=CP-36-CR-0000065-2016:

Page 3 of 9:

IPP = Intermediate Punishment Program
EM = Electronic Monitoring
LCP = Lancaster County Prison
CRN = Court Reporting Network Evaluation

Also:

"The Moveable Feast" is a nearby Restaurant :: http://www.themoveablefeast.net/restaurant-menu
&
Last Known Location, "The Mountville Bridge", is a Small Highway Bridge over Railroad Tracks

State-by-State VINE®LinkS:

https://vinelink.com/#/map

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

As the phone was found under the bridge, I would suggest walking the rail line from the bridge to Colombia. Rail right-of-way is an easy egress route that avoids public attention. At Colombia, it turns at the river and goes North, under 30 and past Chickies Rock County Park and the popular rock climbing spot. I would have LE and Park Staff check with regular climbers and see if anyone saw him, if so that would mean he was following the rail right-of-way North. If not, the next logical guess is the Susquehanna River. The river search area would be from Colombia South to the Conowingo Dam at RT 1. A print evidence search along the river at Colombia "could" help establish in the water or not.

Dogs may have difficulty with tracking on the rail ballast (rock) since the snow and rain, and the uneven footing would be difficult for the dogs and handlers (speaking from experience).

Good ideas.
Map
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/185...c371b7d!2m2!1d-76.4248269!2d40.038925!1m0!3e2

The rail passes very close to a few houses and a couple of farms along the way. Maybe someone remembers seeing a man walking that direction before sunset. If Joey chose that path then he may have had a couple hours of daylight. He may have alerted a dog while walking past someones property ...maybe that would spark someone's memory.

Checking the wooded area at the end of the rail and at the river's edge for any signs of evidence such as personal belongings..prob wouldn't hurt. And man I hate thinking that direction..truly do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back