PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From last night:

I definitely feel there’s momentum in this case,” stated Scott Stouffer. “I feel these guys are home town.”

A big difference from the frustration Scott Stouffer felt with the investigation a week before. “I feel there’s a definite sincerity there that they are treating it like it is their daughter,” Stouffer told us.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...ing-Palmyra-woman/LhcKAvLPMEm7M-j_0ozsHw.cspx

I think it's possible that there was no one in KS's apartment at 0430.

If the dog(s) was present, why did it not bark if LE was pounding on doors for 5 or 6 minutes?

I think someone might have said 'the dog was barking, but no one answered the door', not 'all was quiet'. IMO

So you're saying the "friend" is lying and thus in the cross hairs? Just trying to make sure I'm following the train of thought.

Friend: Kortne Stouffer was 'upset' the night she disappeared

Snipped

The last time Jessica Leaton saw Kortne Stouffer, Stouffer looked upset.

"I was sitting in a pizza shop and I saw her storm by and she looked angry," said Leaton who had been at Sawyers bar in Harrisburg with Stouffer earlier that night.

Snipped

Leaton told abc27 News that, according to friends, Stouffer was in some sort of confrontation with a woman at the Hardware Bar in Harrisburg. Leaton said she had been with Stouffer earlier in the evening.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19277363...yra-woman-talks-about-night-out-in-harrisburg

Somethings been nagging at me for a bit now so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what y'all think. The wording in the text from the "friend" has been reported to be "What happened to you?". That wording strikes me as odd. Not "Where are you?" "Where'd you go?" but "What happened to you?" Strike anyone else as a bit off?

Any word on what the confrontation was about? If the "friend" was also friends with this gal's boyfriend and the other guys there that night, more red flags as far as I'm concerned.

At 21 .. The Hardware Bar is the place to be (Downtown)... also it depends on what band was there that night .. Hardware Bar has 3 levels with totally different atmospheres so its like 3 clubs for one cover. Soooo many different personalities there .. Downstairs is usually a band, Mid level is the "mellow" level and third floor is the more "techno" type level .. the place is usually PACKED on Friday and Saturdays .. LOT'S of bars that cater towards the younger crowd on Second Street so people usually check out a few other places first .. then end up at the Hardware Bar till close. Still after close, people usally mill around on the street for awhile or grab some pizza on Second Street and hang out (usually to watch cops break up a fight or two) .. Closest "Club Scene" to Palmyra. Hershey has a few bars but not "club type" ..

She was "allegedly" seen near the Midtown Arts Center (2 days prior to her being missing) which is uptown a bit from Second St on Third by Broad St Market. Which is in close prox to where the bar tender I was speaking to works .. (where locals allegedly spotted her after she was reported missing) .. I still tend to believe it is local hype after some have seen her flyers. The local buzz is all about getting the reward .. heck .. I wouldn't even claim the reward .. I just want her parents to have her back.

Have never been to Midtown Cinema :)

Respectfully BBM

:thumb:

So you're saying the "friend" is lying and thus in the cross hairs? Just trying to make sure I'm following the train of thought.

No, not at all. The friend is not the one who reported the door knocking.

If LE actually knocked and the dog(s) didn't bark, then maybe the apartment was empty at 0430.

I don't know what that would mean.

Somethings been nagging at me for a bit now so I thought I'd throw it out there and see what y'all think. The wording in the text from the "friend" has been reported to be "What happened to you?". That wording strikes me as odd. Not "Where are you?" "Where'd you go?" but "What happened to you?" Strike anyone else as a bit off?

Not to me. I might use it.

I think this might just be a case of regional lingo. I'm about an hour away, and it's common for us to say something like, 'so what happened to you the other night? You didn't show.'

Not that other things about this case aren't strange. I just don't have the slightest idea what happened here. Not even a gut feeling at this point.

Where are you, Kortne?

Any word on what the confrontation was about? If the "friend" was also friends with this gal's boyfriend and the other guys there that night, more red flags as far as I'm concerned.

I thought the initial complaint was about noise and/or dog(s). Noise involving the dog or something.

I think someone mentioned up thread that sleepover guest and BF knew or knew of each other but are not friends. I could be misremembering.

It's entirely possible that if her, the guest and the dogs were on the third floor, that they heard nothing, especially if a fan or ac were running and/or music playing. That third floor is virtually soundproof. Having said that, I know dogs have much more sensitive hearing than humans and probably would have heard and reacted to the police knocking. But it is also possible that her and the dogs or one of the dogs were out during that second police response.

How many other males did she go to the bar/s with? Two, in addition to the Guest?

Not a stretch to speculate the confrontation was with a girlfriend or female friend of one of the males she was at the bar/s with.

Speculating that LE and parents omitting/withholding that others came back to continue partying with Kortne and Guest. That's what set off the "noise complaint."

Ok .. an "altercation" with someone at the Hardware Bar (assuming it was at the end of the night according to when the friend that was dancing with her saw her) .. an "altercation" with a neighbor when she returned home ..

Stay over friends comments that she was still "mad" after arguing with neighbor just *might* explain "stomping/banging" noises ..

Just so very many senerios for when/how she left the apt that morn. Maybe? Just Maybe? Emotions got the best of her and she just wanted to get away from it all and took off and now feels she is in over her head and scared to come back??? Lord I hope that's all it is! BUT .. no .. how's she living .. no money .. surely by now whoever she is staying with would have had hear by now and called her parents. KORTNE WHERE ARE YOU??? :(

I wonder is opiates are involved somehow .. they tend to deaden the nerves and give people the "I don't care" attitude .. maybe she just "doesn't care" ..

Sorry .. just me rambling .. SO VERY MANY twists and turns in this case. GOD BLESS HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS!

No keys, no phone, no purse.

I don't think she wandered off unless she experienced some kind of psychotic break.

I'd still like to see the entire building searched with dogs.

It's entirely possible that if her, the guest and the dogs were on the third floor, that they heard nothing, especially if a fan or ac were running and/or music playing. That third floor is virtually soundproof. Having said that, I know dogs have much more sensitive hearing than humans and probably would have heard and reacted to the police knocking. But it is also possible that her and the dogs or one of the dogs were out during that second police response.

I can follow your line of thinking .. maybe she put the dogs on the third floor, especially if she was having company there that they didn't know .. BUT .. her mom said the dogs came to the door when she got there Monday .. (unless the dogs broke free from the third floor and came down.) I'm not sure however that anyone has said the dogs didn't bark the second time police were there .. only that "no one answered the doors" They very well may have been barking at the police knocks .. I just CAN NOT get past the fact that the neighbors didn't answer their door for the police, especially since they are the ones that called.

I thought the initial complaint was about noise and/or dog(s). Noise involving the dog or something.

I think someone mentioned up thread that sleepover guest and BF knew or knew of each other but are not friends. I could be misremembering.

Most recent re the Guest:

Her parents said they know the friend well and are on good terms. Their daughter has known the man for about two years and her mother and father are aware of no problems between the two.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19277363...yra-woman-talks-about-night-out-in-harrisburg

No keys, no phone, no purse.

I don't think she wandered off unless she experienced some kind of psychotic break.

I'd still like to see the entire building searched with dogs.

Maybe she never intended for it to get this much attention (media) .. like with Jennifer Willbanks aka Run Away Bride .. Maybe she just feels like the whole world is against her .. she's 21 .. Maybe she suffers from depression .. Maybe to her .. the whole world "IS" against her ...

(I'm trying so hard to believe in something against everything my gut is telling me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro