PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was sitting in a pizza shop and I saw her storm by and she looked angry," said Leaton who had been at Sawyers bar in Harrisburg with Stouffer earlier that night.

Stouffer has been missing for over two weeks and was last seen at her Palmyra apartment during the early hours of July 29. Police are investigating her disappearance as a kidnapping.

Leaton told abc27 News that, according to friends, Stouffer was in some sort of confrontation with a woman at the Hardware Bar in Harrisburg. Leaton said she had been with Stouffer earlier in the evening.
http://www.abc27.com/story/19277363...yra-woman-talks-about-night-out-in-harrisburg
I'm confused by this friend's account. What time did she see Kortne storm by the pizza parlor? You guys have probably already discussed this, can someone give me the short version?

I'm confused by this friend's account. What time did she see Kortne storm by the pizza parlor? You guys have probably already discussed this, can someone give me the short version?

We don't have this info. Friend did not give a time.

" WENDY STOUFFER, MOTHER OF MISSING WOMAN: We were told that they were called to her house for a noise disturbance and that they had talked to Kortne and to the neighbors and that they were all told to go back into their apartments and leave each other alone. "

Neighbors, plural. The complainant is more than one person?

And sleepover guy lets 115 lb KS handle this neighborhood skirmish alone? Do we know that?

No we don't know where sleep over guy was during all this. No mention whether LE talked to him or even saw him with her when they answered the first call. Could it be that the only way Mom and Dad knew he was there was from his text???

Having a copy of the police report would answer some of our questions. I can't find anywhere that the police reports are not available under the freedom of info act.and also the 911 tapes..only thing that has been printed is that the search warrant is sealed.

I know if I had a young daughter in the immediate area I would be demanding some answers....I don't even think that LE has made a statement saying this is an isolated case????

We don't have this info. Friend did not give a time.

Hardware Bar closes at 2 am (last call is 1:45ish) ..You have to finish your beverage in the bar .. no wandering down the street with it .. it takes awhile to empty 3 levels in a crowded bar .. Most people stop in at the pizza joint a few doors down from the Bar shortly afterwards .. Although I can not confirm that either one stayed till close.

There were complaints on Kortne's mom's facebook page about the article Chelesa Hoffman wrote and now Chelsea is challenging them on there to tell more about Kortne and to release more facts...FYI

Thanks clu. I was just over there and hadn't seen CH's article but after glancing through the photos, I am really beginning to wonder about the modelling photos. If some of you remember, I posted a couple of days ago that I was very suspicious about one of Kortne's "friends" as being a modelling agency. Personally, I think it's fake.

The reason the modelling agency caught my attention is because of the person who was very much involved in the Holly Bobo case shares the same last name as this modelling agency. It raised red flags as soon as I saw the name.

Maybe it's just my crazy gut feeling and it has nothing to do with Kortne's disappearance but I wonder if some of these missing young ladies have a modelling connection.

No we don't know where sleep over guy was during all this. No mention whether LE talked to him or even saw him with her when they answered the first call. Could it be that the only way Mom and Dad knew he was there was from his text???

Having a copy of the police report would answer some of our questions. I can't find anywhere that the police reports are not available under the freedom of info act.and also the 911 tapes..only thing that has been printed is that the search warrant is sealed.

I know if I had a young daughter in the immediate area I would be demanding some answers....I don't even think that LE has made a statement saying this is an isolated case????

I have an 18 year old girl. She's spooked. She won't be walking anywhere alone, that's for sure.

I don't think Kortne ran off. I think something bad happened and the perp is someone she knows.

If it's a random stranger thing, that's very bad news for this community. On several levels.

Either way, it's the same degree of horrible for Kortne's family. I wish she'd call home, say she was just mad as hell, didn't know there was a big fuss.

I don't expect that to happen.

Even the 911 recordings would be helpful. If HLN hasn't gotten them, they're probably not get able.

FOI doesn't apply during an active criminal investigation, to the best of my knowledge.

fwiw...the modelling agency shows a current work place in China. The motto is
BRING MODELS AND GET CRAZY WITH THEM

Thanks clu. I was just over there and hadn't seen CH's article but after glancing through the photos, I am really beginning to wonder about the modelling photos. If some of you remember, I posted a couple of days ago that I was very suspicious about one of Kortne's "friends" as being a modelling agency. Personally, I think it's fake.

The reason the modelling agency caught my attention is because of the person who was very much involved in the Holly Bobo case shares the same last name as this modelling agency. It raised red flags as soon as I saw the name.

Maybe it's just my crazy gut feeling and it has nothing to do with Kortne's disappearance but I wonder if some of these missing young ladies have a modelling connection.

Aren't 90% of her modeling photos in bridal/formal wear? There's one set that's a bit risqué (if course, that's the pic the aforementioned 'journalist' is using) but KS is not as skimpily clad as the others, I don't think. Maybe it was taken when she was a minor. I'm snatching at vapor, like everyone.

If KS is working three jobs, she probably wasn't making much money as a model.

Modeling has often been used to lure girls. It's not out of the question. Nothing's off the table until LE says so.

I hadn't noticed that agency/friend thing, thanks.

Can anyone here see the FB interaction between the agency & KS? Like mutual photo comments, stuff like that.

A new law passed by the state legislature on January 1, 2009 states, in sharp distinction to the previous law, that all documents will be presumed to be open to the public unless the agency holding them can prove otherwise. The new law says, “unless otherwise provided by law, a public record shall be accessible for inspection and duplication by a requester in accordance with this act.”

http://freedomofinformationacts.uslegal.com/state-freedom-of-information-acts/pennsylvania/

FYI....unless I'm missing something....could be possible...LOL

Aren't 90% of her modeling photos in bridal/formal wear? There's one set that's a bit risqué (if course, that's the pic the aforementioned 'journalist' is using) but KS is not as skimpily clad as the others, I don't think. Maybe it was taken when she was a minor. I'm snatching at vapor, like everyone.

If KS is working three jobs, she probably wasn't making much money as a model.

Modeling has often been used to lure girls. It's not out of the question. Nothing's off the table until LE says so.

I hadn't noticed that agency/friend thing, thanks.

Can anyone here see the FB interaction between the agency & KS? Like mutual photo comments, stuff like that.

No interaction. Just modelling photos. Promotional stuff.

The most recent modeling photo's on her facebook page are over a year old. Is there something more recent which indicates she was still modeling?

The most recent modeling photo's on her facebook page are over a year old. Is there something more recent which indicates she was still modeling?

Not that I could find. She used the name "Grace" on MySpace. Maybe she used a different name on FB (??)

I'm just throwing out other possibilites. Like I said, the name of that agency raised a red flag for me because of the name and at the time I asked if Kortne was into modelling. Lo and behold, today I see this article by CH and photos and I was taken aback by it. Nothing more than a gut feeling for now. I'm guessing LE has her computer and will be looking at a lot more than we're privy to.

A new law passed by the state legislature on January 1, 2009 states, in sharp distinction to the previous law, that all documents will be presumed to be open to the public unless the agency holding them can prove otherwise. The new law says, “unless otherwise provided by law, a public record shall be accessible for inspection and duplication by a requester in accordance with this act.”

http://freedomofinformationacts.uslegal.com/state-freedom-of-information-acts/pennsylvania/

FYI....unless I'm missing something....could be possible...LOL

I'm not sure that applies to open felony investigations, I'll have to check.

It mentions meetings, proceedings, government gatherings, etc.

You'd think divulging LE internal documents would hamper an ongoing investigation. Will dig a bit when I can.

Either way, the 911 calls should maybe be available. Unless there's something on them that indicates what may have happened or implicates a private citizen. That info can't be released until the facts are established, I'm thinking.

If JVM & NG aren't playing the calls in a sensationalized loop, they probably can't get them.

I'm OK with LE being circumspect. Frustrating, but I understand why it might be important.

Not that I could find. She used the name "Grace" on MySpace. Maybe she used a different name on FB (??)

I'm just throwing out other possibilites. Like I said, the name of that agency raised a red flag for me because of the name and at the time I asked if Kortne was into modelling. Lo and behold, today I see this article by CH and photos and I was taken aback by it. Nothing more than a gut feeling for now. I'm guessing LE has her computer and will be looking at a lot more than we're privy to.

Oh. CH. I'm not a fan. Probably an anti-fan.

I honestly think this is going to turn out to be an accidental overdose. The DOC around this area is Oxycotin in the passed year 3 young people have overdosed. My thoughts right now are Kortne was steaming all night after the fight with the neighbor then the banging. I can see someone trying to calm her by giving her drugs. When things went wrong he panicked put her in her car and move her to another location ....would explain the keys in the car and all Her other belongings still in the house and why he was seen at 7:30 getting coffee after a long night partying. JMO I just don't think it has anything to do with modeling, someone paying her back or trafficking. At first I didn't think 1 person could get a body out of that apartment but after seeing the size of that guy....it could be done. It could also explain why the parents said most of her things are there.....maybe it's a suitcase that's missing.

I *knew* I'd read that. But that's JVM's version.

I also read that the neighbor who was involved in the confrontation is the person who called LE both times.

I guess we won't know until they release the 911 call.

And then again last night on JVM Show:

Velez-Mitchell: ...Shortly after that a series of strange 911 calls send cops to her apartment, not once, but twice. Right around the time she disappeared. The first 911 call that reported a loud argument involving Kortne and a neighbor. The second 911 call from the person living below. This is her apartment. Complained of stomping and banging coming from her apartment. That time Kortne`s parents say cops went to the daughter`s door, but nobody answered so they left.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/13/ijvm.01.html

Just speaking for myself, I think that the timeline and her job history don't tell us much. The calls and the police coming and going don't seem to me to anything more than what happens when twenty-somethings share apartments with people whose lives are quieter and hours a bit more predictable. From what I gather from my own neighborhood and reports about my rowdy niece, these uproars happen; the police are called; and sometimes have to return again. To them, it's a weekend routine: That they didn't treat the second call as a dangerous matter but as a basic stop or drive through doesn't surprise me.

From what little we know, it seems that poor Kortne probably left the apartment alone after a night of partying and at least one blow-up. This poor young woman thus would have been alone at least somewhat inebriated in shorts and a tank top. I hope that the police are interviewing men who were at the bar that night who might live in the neighborhood and might have been up at that hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!