PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Think Kortne could have even had the drugs herself and the person with her panicked. By the looks of things he dont need any more trouble and he was most likely seen by the neighbors all ready, so he can't act like he wasn't there. If this is what happened when she is found no one will believe him because there will be no way of proving it.

Hi Sad.

Are there more than two apartments in the house? Or could someone who lived in another house have called? If it were a different person who called the second time, that person may have not wanted to have a cop at the door drawing attention to themselves. Some people want to call 911 and have the police deal with it without letting the noise offender know who to (possibly) retaliate against. Some policemen won't even talk to the person who called, they'll just go right to the noisy house and ask them to stop. Maybe the second caller was hoping for that.

Hi Chili!

Are we allowed to link to her MySpace? If not, mods please remove.

I'm posting this link because of the "modelling" photos in hopes that someone will recognize the location. I'm guessing this is not her parents home nor their vehicles but IDK. She lists her name as "Grace" on MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/kortnebrat20...714#mssrc=SitesPhotos_SP_AlbumCover_ViewAlbum

The photos were taken Aug 2008.

I do not think these are modeling pictures...I am 99% sure these are her senior pictures. Some of them look a little different than standard senior pictures, but the background and setting looks like one used by a popular local photographer. The name of the album is called "sr pic"

I honestly think this is going to turn out to be an accidental overdose. The DOC around this area is Oxycotin in the passed year 3 young people have overdosed. My thoughts right now are Kortne was steaming all night after the fight with the neighbor then the banging. I can see someone trying to calm her by giving her drugs. When things went wrong he panicked put her in her car and move her to another location ....would explain the keys in the car and all Her other belongings still in the house and why he was seen at 7:30 getting coffee after a long night partying. JMO I just don't think it has anything to do with modeling, someone paying her back or trafficking. At first I didn't think 1 person could get a body out of that apartment but after seeing the size of that guy....it could be done. It could also explain why the parents said most of her things are there.....maybe it's a suitcase th
at's missing.​

Respectfully BBM

That someone (as in a friend, acquaintance) tried to calm Kortne down by giving her drugs>leading to her accidentally overdosing...I would have great difficulty ever believing that would be their goal and intent. More likely, drugged her then for nefarious purpose.​

I do not think these are modeling pictures...I am 99% sure these are her senior pictures. Some of them look a little different than standard senior pictures, but the background and setting looks like one used by a popular local photographer. The name of the album is called "sr pic"

If you go to KS's FB page, she has a folder called Modeling pictures. I did not see them on her old myspace page.

Is Scott Kortne's bio dad? Did Kortne's mom remarry? The reason I ask is there is a photo on mom's fb page entitled mommy's wedding with a picture of Wendy, Kortne and her sister. Picture was posted on August 10th.

This in no way is meant to sleuth them. Just curious if there is another man in the picture. A stepdad? :waitasec:

If this was already discussed, I missed it.

I honestly think this is going to turn out to be an accidental overdose. The DOC around this area is Oxycotin in the passed year 3 young people have overdosed. My thoughts right now are Kortne was steaming all night after the fight with the neighbor then the banging. I can see someone trying to calm her by giving her drugs. When things went wrong he panicked put her in her car and move her to another location ....would explain the keys in the car and all Her other belongings still in the house and why he was seen at 7:30 getting coffee after a long night partying. JMO I just don't think it has anything to do with modeling, someone paying her back or trafficking. At first I didn't think 1 person could get a body out of that apartment but after seeing the size of that guy....it could be done. It could also explain why the parents said most of her things are there.....maybe it's a suitcase that's missing.

Maybe the banging and stomping was him trying to carry her downstairs ? Would explain no one answering the door for LE. Maybe he took her car and returned later...... LE didn't notice it not being there the 2nd time. ??

Thanks clu. I was just over there and hadn't seen CH's article but after glancing through the photos, I am really beginning to wonder about the modelling photos. If some of you remember, I posted a couple of days ago that I was very suspicious about one of Kortne's "friends" as being a modelling agency. Personally, I think it's fake.

The reason the modelling agency caught my attention is because of the person who was very much involved in the Holly Bobo case shares the same last name as this modelling agency. It raised red flags as soon as I saw the name.

Maybe it's just my crazy gut feeling and it has nothing to do with Kortne's disappearance but I wonder if some of these missing young ladies have a modelling connection.

I believe there are others missing from that agency

I have an 18 year old girl. She's spooked. She won't be walking anywhere alone, that's for sure.

I don't think Kortne ran off. I think something bad happened and the perp is someone she knows.

If it's a random stranger thing, that's very bad news for this community. On several levels.

Either way, it's the same degree of horrible for Kortne's family. I wish she'd call home, say she was just mad as hell, didn't know there was a big fuss.

I don't expect that to happen.

Even the 911 recordings would be helpful. If HLN hasn't gotten them, they're probably not get able.

FOI doesn't apply during an active criminal investigation, to the best of my knowledge.

This young woman did not leave. If she was mad she would hop in her car and take a ride....She wouldnt leave her dog. her car etc etc!

I dont think this will have a good outcome!

Maybe the banging and stomping was him trying to carry her downstairs ? Would explain no one answering the door for LE. Maybe he took her car and returned later...... LE didn't notice it not being there the 2nd time. ??

If the guy was there when LE was called for noise he would be as quiet as a churchmouse taking her out so the cops were not called again.

I think she was p.od and was stomping around the apt!

As I see it she was taken out of the apt because if someone hurt her in the apt the dogs would have been going bonkers!

I think she (they) left in her car and only one person came back in that car and it was not her!

JMO

I have seen other suggestions as to my first thought at the beginning of this case as an accidental overdose. I definitely think the friend was involved, and I think it's very possible that an accidental OD occured and the friend panicked (maybe thinking that he would be blamed for her death). Thinking about this, maybe the second time the cops were called WAS him dragging the body around, and when he heard them he froze, not answering the door and just hoping they would leave.....then after he made sure they were gone he took her out of the house. He then may have decided that after driving possibly a couple of hours away to return at a gas station for an alibi....I mean if you think about it, that makes sense. I don't understand why search parties aren't searching different woods in different towns???

Also as far as the friend saying all past tense stuff, I believe that everyone believes she is not alive. I don't know how long someone has to be missing for them to be declared legally dead, but I follow crime stories all the time and in MOST cases if they are missing for more than a few days in never turns out good unfortunately.

Is Scott Kortne's bio dad? Did Kortne's mom remarry? The reason I ask is there is a photo on mom's fb page entitled mommy's wedding with a picture of Wendy, Kortne and her sister. Picture was posted on August 10th.

This in no way is meant to sleuth them. Just curious if there is another man in the picture. A stepdad? :waitasec:

I'm given to understand that the parents were divorced and remarried. I don't have a source at my fingertips. Maybe someone here has the hard info. If not, I'll delete this post.

None of your questions have been discussed that I recall and I also have some questions.

-did KS ever pursue becoming a Vet tech (this was mentioned on her old Myspace)
-did KS live with her Mom or Dad before moving out - how long has she lived at the current address
-how long has she been with current boyfriend
-how many brothers/sister - where is she in the birth order?
-was she raised around horses?

The reporters in the area don't seem to be curious - I don't understand - this is a young lady that vanished in the wee hours of the morning from her apartment - Why????

I'm not sleuthing either, just trying to piece together this young lady's life up to her disappearing point...

From their public FB pages, I gather there is a sister and two brothers.
Mom is posting on her page this morning, messages about missing Kortne, please come home, etc...

've been lurking on this thread for a few days and have a few thoughts on what could have happened.

Going with the theory that all of the group from that evening went back to Kortne's apartment, could this be because they heard from her, or others, that her boyfriend was out of the picture for the night (jail being one possibilty) and had either real knowledge or suspected that there was "something" (im being careful what I say but I think you'll all know what I'm inferring!) in the apartment they could take. Something that could be of value to them, something they could sell on easily without being able to trace and something that the boyfriend couldn't easily admit to having had stolen from the home.

Could the banging and stomping be them looking for this? I know from all indications the apartment didn't show signs of being ransacked, but if they were intimidating Kortne into giving them the information then they wouldn't necessarily have to tear the place apart. After getting what they wanted did they then take Kortne with them (maybe freaked out by the LE presence?) before deciding what to do with her later.

The parents comment about this overnight visitor being there offering protection could make some sense in this scenario and their being convinced she's being held could also make sense. The only thing would be the "overnight" guests involvment, complicate or intimidated and scared?

I'm probably way off, but just some thoughts.

I really hope they find Kortne safe.
MOO

I have seen other suggestions as to my first thought at the beginning of this case as an accidental overdose. I definitely think the friend was involved, and I think it's very possible that an accidental OD occured and the friend panicked (maybe thinking that he would be blamed for her death). Thinking about this, maybe the second time the cops were called WAS him dragging the body around, and when he heard them he froze, not answering the door and just hoping they would leave.....then after he made sure they were gone he took her out of the house. He then may have decided that after driving possibly a couple of hours away to return at a gas station for an alibi....I mean if you think about it, that makes sense. I don't understand why search parties aren't searching different woods in different towns???

Also as far as the friend saying all past tense stuff, I believe that everyone believes she is not alive. I don't know how long someone has to be missing for them to be declared legally dead, but I follow crime stories all the time and in MOST cases if they are missing for more than a few days in never turns out good unfortunately.

I totally agree, but I do think the stomping was Kortne still upset. I just think it was a long high stressed night and I can see her taking more (drugs) then was needed. It just all seems to fit together, everything left behind, keys in the car, guest being seen at the store getting coffee. Something was missing from the apartment (Mother saying most of her stuff was there) could be a blanket, suit case something to hide Kortne in. No signs of a struggle at the apartment. All people involved are known to do drugs. I think when the police came back the 2nd time she was to out of it, couldn't even hear them, guest may have heard them but he wasn't going to get the door and say hey she is out of it. JMO but to me it all fits.

I think the accidental OD theory would explain a lot. I think it's a good theory right now.

I'd love to know if the dog(s) barked at the knock on the door when no one answered.

If the guy was there when LE was called for noise he would be as quiet as a churchmouse taking her out so the cops were not called again.

I think she was p.od and was stomping around the apt!

As I see it she was taken out of the apt because if someone hurt her in the apt the dogs would have been going bonkers!

I think she (they) left in her car and only one person came back in that car and it was not her!

JMO

BBM

Good point. I keep going back to the dogs. The dogs are important, I think.

Where I live, if something like this happened, our news (because they are very gossipy-ish) would be interviewing neighbors and what not. I still find it weird that not only did the neighbor not answer the door the 2nd time the police showed back up but hasn't been in the media at all.

Obviously the "friend" seems more suspicious by default but maybe the neighbor was a troubled person.

Either way, I don't think that she left on her own accord or that she left her apartment for any reason and randomly was taken.

I'm sure that it's narrowed down by now and they are just waiting on an arrest. Of course this sucks because this would mean that Kortne was no longer with us. How sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!